PA Synagogue Shooting

bdutton

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

Whether you want to believe Greg's greater conspiracy or not, there's already compelling evidence and reports that FBI leadership in 2016 actively tried to manipulate investigations - to the point of falsifying them - to the advantage of Clinton's campaign.  

Coming from the DoJ OIG, that's pretty indisputable.  

And that is an excellent point. 

The deep state exists one way or the other.  It's really just a matter of who you want to believe, and whether or not you find catchy names like "deep state" easier to say than "operatives inside and outside the public industrial complex spreading disinformation". 

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I gotta say this is one of the lamest things I have ever seen. It is the equivalent of a 5-year-old screaming "I know you are but what am I?"

What do you want? "Double dumbass pork chop on you" is about all they have left anymore.

7 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

And that is an excellent point. 

The deep state exists one way or the other.  It's really just a matter of who you want to believe, and whether or not you find catchy names like "deep state" easier to say than "operatives inside and outside the public industrial complex spreading disinformation". 

"Deep state" has been coopted to mean some shadowy form of uber-government that plays the tune elected officials dance to.

What it more accurately is, is the "bureaucratic state."  The army of civil servants who believe they stand as the gatekeepers of the republic, and en masse can exert a large amount of influence in governance.  Which is historically a real thing - for example, it's important to note that the NSDAP didn't really gain traction in the Weimar Reichstag until they started gaining the backing of the German civil servant class.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

"Deep state" has been coopted to mean some shadowy form of uber-government that plays the tune elected officials dance to.

What it more accurately is, is the "bureaucratic state."  The army of civil servants who believe they stand as the gatekeepers of the republic, and en masse can exert a large amount of influence in governance.  Which is historically a real thing - for example, it's important to note that the NSDAP didn't really gain traction in the Weimar Reichstag until they started gaining the backing of the German civil servant class.

I want to sound smart here, but am concerned there will be follow up questions so I'm going with "Indeed." 

• Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

I love it when they try this. It's just like when they try to call us snowflakes. It's so obviously the pot calling the kettle a pot that it backfires completely.

It always reminds me of Shooter McGavin. When nothing else works, he ultimately finds himself in the woods where no one can see him, trying to hit a golf ball like Happy Gilmore, and failing miserably.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I want to sound smart here, but am concerned there will be follow up questions so I'm going with "Indeed." 

Congratulations, my young padawan, you have embraced one of the three key rules for "How to appear smart."  Namely: "Don't disagree with smart people."

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

Who said it's not appropriate?  It's not tough talk to use the offensive word. I use it regularly

At the grocery store.  "Bananas are going bad, retards need to get them off the shelf."

At the symphony, " the baritone hit an e flat not an e sharp, he must be retarded."

At the museuem, " van Gogh's style of brush stroke uses the red Amber color to retard the pronunciation of the deeper earthen tones."

On film, "don't go full Gatorman."

On messages board "you're a retard."

I use it everywhere.  It's a household name.

You obviously aren't a mechanic or you'd address the timing issue.

7 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Sanders could barely get through her opening statement at the presser just now without crying. 

First question: "Does the president take any blame". 

Gonna be a fun presser... sigh.

And now Sarah is off the chain, laying into the guy.

There might not be anyone who's stood at the podium in her role during my entire adult lifetime I respect more, or even as much, as Sanders.

She's an absolute profile in dignity, and a stark contrast against of waves of venom and the snakes who sling it at her on a daily basis.

• Like (+1) 5

Just now, TakeYouToTasker said:

There might not be anyone who's stood at the podium in her role during my entire adult lifetime I respect more, or even as much, as Sanders.

She's an absolute profile in dignity, and a stark contrast against of waves of venom and the snakes who sling it at her on a daily basis.

Indeed.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, TakeYouToTasker said:

I know previous press secretaries who had a contentious public relationship with the media had a far more cordial and professional one behind the scenes.  It's generally been recognized that the relationship is supposed to be adversarial.    

I can't imagine that would hold true for Sanders and the media.  The vitriol is off-the-charts personal.  It's as if the media, having had nothing approaching an adversarial relationship with the Obama press office, is taking it personally that they're not being spoon-fed stories by the Trump admin., and have to work for a living.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I know previous press secretaries who had a contentious public relationship with the media had a far more cordial and professional one behind the scenes.  It's generally been recognized that the relationship is supposed to be adversarial.    

I can't imagine that would hold true for Sanders and the media.  The vitriol is off-the-charts personal.  It's as if the media, having had nothing approaching an adversarial relationship with the Obama press office, is taking it personally that they're not being spoon-fed stories by the Trump admin., and have to work for a living.

The first paragraph is precisely correct.

The second I agree with, in part, my only difference being I have different attributions for motive.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker
  • Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

The second I agree with, in part, my only difference being I have different attributions for motive.

I know.  As much as I'm accused of drinking Greg's Kool-aid, I still never attribute to malice what is just as easily attributed to stupidity.  Or in this case, laziness, which is just as well.

• Like (+1) 1

‘It is an assault on all of us. It is an assault on humanity.’

Nailed it.

Which means the Left lost their damn minds. As usual.

Imagine being THIS mad because the president condemned violence against the Jews

… talk about Trump Derangement Syndrome.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

I know.  As much as I'm accused of drinking Greg's Kool-aid, I still never attribute to malice what is just as easily attributed to stupidity.  Or in this case, laziness, which is just as well.

I think, overwhelming, the reason (I think motive was a poorly chosen word) is TDS and cognitive dissonance bubbling to the surface after eight years of the Obama administration doing exactly as you said, in-line with their biases which bounce around inside of the DC bubble, with a minority portion being active malfeasance.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, B-Man said:

‘It is an assault on all of us. It is an assault on humanity.’

Nailed it.

Which means the Left lost their damn minds. As usual.

Imagine being THIS mad because the president condemned violence against the Jews

… talk about Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Plain speak is a good thing.

• Like (+1) 2

The Post reports:

More than 30,000 people have signed an open letter to President Trump from the leaders of a Pittsburgh-based Jewish group who say the president will not be welcome in the city unless he denounces white nationalism and stops “targeting” minorities after a mass shooting Saturday at a local synagogue left 11 dead.

The letter, which was published and shared on Sunday, was written by 11 members of the Pittsburgh affiliate of Bend the Arc, a national organization for progressive Jews focused on social justice, following what is being called the deadliest attack on Jews in U.S. history. The shooting at Tree of Life synagogue also left several people injured, including law enforcement.