PA Synagogue Shooting

bdutton

Just now, Benjamin Franklin said:

I never said that Trump said that "all temples must have armed guards." What Trump said was "If there was an armed guard inside the temple, they would have been able to stop him." 

So what Trump said was a charming second-guessing of the synagogue's choice...in order to score a political point. 

"Leadership."

So dishonest. You can't even be honest about what you wrote... 

Look down. 

5 hours ago, Benjamin Franklin said:

Posting a guard is any group’s *choice*. 

Raising the issue of not making that choice a few hours after a lunatic’s shooting is a pretty awful response to a terribly timed question.

It was a one two punch of bad timing and one that president fails on every time.  

You said he not only raised the issue but said it wasn't a choice. Which means "all temples must have armed guards". 

Which means you're lying. Again. 

This is why you keep failing, over and over. You cannot be honest about your own biases and opinions, and when they're exposed you lie about them or run away for months and months and months. 

BF in three... two... one:

Image result for running away gif

32 minutes ago, Benjamin Franklin said:

I never said that Trump said that "all temples must have armed guards." What Trump said was "If there was an armed guard inside the temple, they would have been able to stop him." 

So what Trump said was a charming second-guessing of the synagogue's choice...in order to score a political point. 

"Leadership."

Yeah it would be nice if politicians stop making political points immediately after a tragedy. 

Let me know when you see that happening.  

• Like (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, Benjamin Franklin said:

"Leadership."

No, after being asked what might prevent tragedies like this Trump responded that an armed guard inside the temple might have prevented this. What did you want him to say, that this couldn't be prevented? You must have spent your recent sabbatical obtaining your Masters degree in Stupidity. I don't remember you as being this idiotic. This isn't even addressing your total dishonesty.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

No, after being asked what might prevent tragedies like this Trump responded that an armed guard inside the temple might have prevented this. What did you want him to say, that this couldn't be prevented? You must have spent your recent sabbatical obtaining your Masters degree in Stupidity. I don't remember you as being this idiotic. This isn't even addressing your total dishonesty.

not for nothing, and i really didn't know BF's posting trends prior but it seems to me that he has an issue with what he perceives as conspiracy thinking. in my experience when someone is so rattled by things like this it is because they are deathly afraid that these theories may just be true and they can't have their carefully scripted narrative questioned.

they are only theories until they are proven true. how many times in the past have conspiracy theories about the .gov been proven true? more often than one might think. 

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Foxx said:

not for nothing, and i really didn't know BF's posting trends prior but it seems to me that he has an issue with what he perceives as conspiracy thinking. in my experience when someone is so rattled by things like this it is because they are deathly afraid that these theories may just be true and they can't have their carefully scripted narrative questioned.

they are only theories until they are proven true. how many times in the past have conspiracy theories about the .gov been proven true? more often than one might think. 

BF used to be semi-logical and coherent. TDS is a rough diagnosis.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Foxx said:

not for nothing, and i really didn't know BF's posting trends prior but it seems to me that he has an issue with what he perceives as conspiracy thinking. in my experience when someone is so rattled by things like this is is because they are deathly afraid that these theories may just be true and they can't have their carefully scripted narrative questioned.

BF always appeared to be a RINO who was also a card carrying member of the Log Cabin Republicans. He objected to anything that was out of the mainstream except same sex marriage seemed to be his biggest crusade.  

5 hours ago, Foxx said:

see, it's not just the page from gab getting wiped, it is now the entire site is getting wiped.

image upload because they don't embed here

gab.thumb.png.4bb8dab203988818f647833c70651530.png

https://gab.com/a/posts/40064049

and, hours after the shooting, Paypal has banned them making it now much harder to fund their operation.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/10/27/18032930/paypal-banned-gab-following-pittsburgh-shooting

spotting the oppressors is very easy and they are quite blatant about it. this is why the consolidation of all things internet is bad for you. you end up with the Googles (YouTubes), Facebooks and Twitters that can and will control what and how you think. we all need to support alternatives such as gab, if only just to have a place to go when truth is censored by these *****.

here's hoping gab.ai is not down for long and that they come back even stronger than they were. they have to..... we, have to.

Gab’s Twitter feed has struck out at Facebook and Twitter, saying that it doesn’t “allow terrorists on our platform,” and dismissed the idea that the rhetoric on its platform translates into real-world violence. But researchers have found that anti-Semitic messaging on online platforms is on the rise, "

Wow.  Referencing "research" that finds messaging is on the rise on Twitter to justify shutting down another platform.

• Like (+1) 2

President Trump appeared at a campaign rally last night in Murphysboro, Illinois. I can’t find a transcript or news story that gives his opening remarks in full. I have tracked down the video posted here to transcribe Trump’s opening remarks myself so that I could supplement my post last night:

Before going any further I want to address the horrible shooting that took place earlier today. The hearts of all Americans are filled with grief following the monstrous killing of Jewish Americans at the Tree of Life synagogue in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

This evil anti-Semitic attack is an assault on all of us. It’s an assault on humanity. It will require all of us working together to extract the hateful poison of anti-Semitism from our world. This was an anti-Semitic attack at its worst. The scourge of anti-Semitism cannot be ignored, cannot be tolerated and cannot be allowed to continue. We can’t allow it to continue. It must be confronted and condemned everywhere it rears its very ugly head. We must stand with our Jewish brothers and sisters to defeat anti-Semitism and vanquish the forces of hate. That’s what it is.

Through the centuries the Jews have endured terrible persecution. And you know that. We’ve all read it. We’ve studied it. They’ve gone through a lot. And those seeking their destruction — we will seek their destruction.

Now that is an admirable and admirably Trumpian statement. These are not empty words. He has backed up his words with deeds several times over in the policies of his administration.

Scott Johnson --- https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2018/10/trump-speaks-for-me-2.php

Here is what the obviously  "anti-semitic" Trump has done in less than 2 years................ 

President Trump made good on a decades old promise to move our embassy to Jerusalem;

cracked down on anti-Semitism on college campuses;

deported an actual Nazi;

pulled US aid that funded stipends for Palestinian terrorists responsible for the murder of Jews.

Withdrew the U.S. from the horrible Iran treaty

Meanwhile > >

Dqi5RcnWwAArj-5.jpg:large

• Like (+1) 1

Thanks for the diagnoses kids. Keep 'em coming. 

I don't care that much about Trump except that I don't care for him. But I sincerely believe that we need to give respect and listen to his voters. They deserve to be heard. 

This board became a conspiracy haven in the last few years. 

Storytime Greggy is your spirit guide. 

1 minute ago, Benjamin Franklin said:

I don't care that much about Trump except that I don't care for him. But I sincerely believe that we need to give respect and listen to his voters. They deserve to be heard. 

You don't care that much about Trump, but you still come on and lie about his statements and misrepresent them to fit your agenda. 

This board has not become a conspiracy haven. Yet another thing you're wrong about. Of course, to understand why you're wrong, you have to be willing to be honest. 

Something you've yet to demonstrate you're capable of, BF. 

Be better... it's really not that hard.

21 hours ago, Benjamin Franklin said:

In response to the awfully timed question about revisiting gun laws, Trump brought up how this might not have happened if there had been an armed guard in the synagogue. 

Trump trumped the stupid. Storytime Greggy won’t critique his guy though. He’s too busy putting everything into the conspiracy narrative he’s built and that he must constantly revise.

I remember when Hillary was pre-ordained. Pivot. 

What do you suppose they should have done?  When asked, they said they had just begun working on establishing a security team at the synagogue.  I live in a town that had an active church shooting about 5 years ago.  Almost every church around has a fully functioning and we'll trained security staff.

9 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

This place is TIRED....

Hey...just a reminder...THIS is tired.

Predictable and tired.

Yet that thread will continue like the Mahomes thread before it and the Sammy thread before it and every other "Woe is me, I wish I had what every other team has!" thread that makes TBD just as tired as BBMB ever was.

50 minutes ago, Benjamin Franklin said:

Anyone looking can see that there was in fact a conspiracy or multiple conspiracies against Trump and his campaign in 2016 and into 2017.  It's a pretty big deal and only the girth of the federal government and a cooperative media have kept this (thus far) from being as well known as it should be.

Heck even the Kavanaugh confirmation was a short lived conspiracy.   

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Benjamin Franklin said:

I don't care that much about Trump except that I don't care for him perpetuate dishonest media narratives to support my preconceived notions. But I sincerely believe that we need to give respect and listen to his voters. They deserve to be heard. 

FTFY.

I take at least half the things Greggy posts with the biggest boulder of salt you can imagine, but even his alien posts are infinitely superior to your "contributions."

Post something worth reading please.  You're better than this.

4 hours ago, Benjamin Franklin said:

"Leadership."

Terrible analysis. What he said was more along the lines of “ maybe we have to re-think our notions of security/ safety at traditionally soft targets. We are living in a different world than in the past “. Not really political at all, just acknowledging the reality of the situation. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Terrible analysis. What he said was more along the lines of “ maybe we have to re-think our notions of security/ safety at traditionally soft targets. We are living in a different world than in the past “. Not really political at all, just acknowledging the reality of the situation. 

It's too bad he didn't say what you would like him to have said.

A better response to the reporter's question would have been, "Have some respect. Now is the time to think of the victims." 

But he didn't say either thing. It's a normal day for our current president.

27 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Post something worth reading please.  You're better than this.

I have no idea who you are but thanks for cheering for me.