Explosive devices sent to Obama, Clintons; CNN evacuated

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Do you really not see the difference between the President of the United States of America and some random comedian, journalist, or regular Dude?

Yes, there is a difference. Trump has never advocated for violence.

2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Do you really not see the difference between the President of the United States of America and some random comedian, journalist, or regular Dude?

He's not God-Emperor.  What he says isn't holy writ.   Hell, if he was, there wouldn't be any problem, since he has already strongly denounced political violence.  So your argument is that his statements are that powerful...but no one's listening?

On the other hand, we've spent the past two years subsumed in a widespread message of "Nazis must be fought, by any means necessary."  Within the past three weeks, five leading Democrats have come out and actively advocated for Manichaean political discourse and the silencing, harassment, and even assault of opposition.  All the denunciations of those statements combined don't amount to the denunciation of Trump's denunciation of violent rhetoric over the past two days.

This isn't "Trump's stupidity vs. a random comedian's stupidity."  It's "Trump's stupidity vs. an entire histrionic mob's stupidity."  And you think that's an equivalent message?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

well, i dunno. this just came into my field of vision. to be fair though, all clips dated are prior to Trump actually being in office.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIs2L2nUL-0&feature=youtu.be

Im a fan of the guy who body slammed the reporter (or something to that effect)

6 minutes ago, Foxx said:

huh, and here i thought it was Debbie Wasserman Schultz. who knew.

Have you ever seen Debbie Wasserman Schultz in the same room is Doug Marrone? I was just never occurred to anybody but raoul and I???

• Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Didn't Trump tell people that if they beat up protesters that he would pay for their legal bills?

No.

But if you can provide a link (with an actual quote) not an interpretation,

that would be good.

ADDED:

Got it.

"If you see somebody getting ready to throw a tomato, knock the crap out of them, would you? Seriously, OK? Just knock the hell ... I promise you I will pay for the legal fees. I promise, I promise," he said on Feb. 1, 2016.

I wouldn't really say that was a "call to beat up protesters"............but an unhumorous way to respond to protestors actions.

Either way............pretty weak sauce for the "Trump wants violence" Meme

Edited by B-Man

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

No.

But if you can provide a link (with an actual quote) not an interpretation,

that would be good.

Play the video he says knock the crap out of them and that "I will pay your legal fees." 

Just now, GoBills808 said:

This is what he was referring to.

Dam you posted that quick. There was also the time that he said back in the day a protester would get carried out on a stretcher and that he would like to punch a protester in the face. There was also a 78 year old man who sucker punched a protester who was taunting but not physically imposing. When questioned on wither or not he would pay the mans legal fees he said he would look into it. I think he ended up not paying the legal fees but that still points to the fact that he has condoned or straddled the line on condoning violence before. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Play the video he says knock the crap out of them and that "I will pay your legal fees." 

Dam you posted that quick. There was also the time that he said back in the day a protester would get carried out on a stretcher and that he would like to punch a protester in the face. There was also a 78 year old man who sucker punched a protester who was taunting but not physically imposing. When questioned on wither or not he would pay the mans legal fees he said he would look into it. I think he ended up not paying the legal fees but that still points to the fact that he has condoned or straddled the line on condoning violence before. 

Yeah, unfunny comments he made before he was President...

As B-Man said: Weaksauce.

Edited by Koko78