Explosive devices sent to Obama, Clintons; CNN evacuated

10 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

The statement didn't deserve any kind of elaborate response.

Obama wasn't perfect, but he did a helluva lot more good than bad for our country.

As far as news sources, as long as you're looking at multiple sources and aren't relying solely on one that has been consistently proven to report fallacies, it's fine.

NPR, PBS Newshour, BBC World News, Associated Press, etc.

Look at your FOX News if you want, too, just as long as you don't rely on it solely the way so many do.

That's I assume what Boyst and some others are referring to... statements of protest like "get in their faces" by democratic elected officials.  Some have even pointed to Eric Holder's statement of "When they go low, kick them" as a statement to incite violence when it's obviously metaphorical and obviously a response to Michelle Obama's statement.

Trump has just directly and bluntly called for violence.  Maybe he thought he was being funny and people wouldn't take him seriously, but there's no 2 ways to interpret a statement like "if you do (hurt him), I'll defend you in court, don't worry about it" or "knock the crap out of him, would you? I promise you, I will pay your legal fees" or "I'll beat the crap out of you" or "I'd like to punch him in the face" or...

Our president is just a bully.  It's funny because today just happens to be "Unity Day" and, as a teacher, we were all given rubber wristbands to give to our students with the words "Unite for kindness, acceptance, and Aloha." 

Appropriate given today's events.

Obama will be remembered as one of the most inefficient and miserable presidents in the historical viewpoint. His push toward a nationalist movement of division and separation will be the earmark of what were terrible ideas regarding foreign policy, infringement of rights, healthcare and more.  Not to mention countless scandals

Obama is the reason we have #orangemanbad.

Edited by Boyst62
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

In recent weeks, Trump has taken to referring to Democrats as “the mob,” in part for how they handled Brett Kavanaugh’s Supreme Court nomination.

“Those engaged in the political arena must stop treating political opponents as being morally defective,” Trump said Wednesday evening. “No one should carelessly compare political opponents to historical villains, which is done often. It’s done all the time. It’s got to stop. We should not mob people in public spaces or destroy public property.” 

"Goofy Pocahontas aka Elizabeth Warren", "Crooked Hillary",  Dumb "Little Marco", Dumb, "Lyin' Ted", "Low Energy Jeb", "Crazy Bernie"

The Red Hen is a restaurant in New Jersey was getting harassed because Sarah Sanders was "harassed"  in a restaurant in a different state with the same name

I hope someone burns it down" or "I'll make sure you lose your business."

Lets not pretend it is only happening on one side.  

It’s got to stop.

I have a suggestion Mr President and members of Congress  - Outlaw HATEFUL and False accusations in political ads.

Trump gives childish nicknames, no doubt. The part you left out of your bolding was that political opponents shouldn't be compared to "historical villains". Making fun of Warren for lying about being a Native American isn't the same as calling Trump (or pretty much any other Republican candidate) Hitler.

It would be nice if everyone could relax. The question is, can there be civility before Dems are back in power? 

12 minutes ago, row_33 said:

nobody knows anything at this point in time

Correct.  

12 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Obama will be remembered as one of the most inefficient and miserable presidents in the historical viewpoint. His push toward a nationalist movement of division and separation will be the earmark of what were terrible ideas regarding foreign policy, infringement of rights, healthcare and more.  Not to mention unless scandals. 

To some, not to all.   That opinion is subjective and allies with political parties. 

18 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Context never matters I guess.

Yes. Context matters.  

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

Correct.  

To some, not to all.   That opinion is subjective and allies with political parties. 

Yes. Context matters.  

I am a libertarian who cannot stand anything about the federal government.  Take that how you'd like

And, let me ask. What was it Trump agreed with Obama on?  I'll hang up and take my answer offline.

Just now, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

Trump gives childish nicknames, no doubt. The part you left out of your bolding was that political opponents shouldn't be compared to "historical villains". Making fun of Warren for lying about being a Native American isn't the same as calling Trump (or pretty much any other Republican candidate) Hitler.

It would be nice if everyone could relax. The question is, can there be civility before Dems are back in power? 

But he's not a child is he?  

As to historical villains.  I don't pay attention to such garbage.  

Are you saying that his core base is childish?  

If a person is even 1/10th Native American then they are actually of Native American decent.   

1 minute ago, Boyst62 said:

I am a libertarian who cannot stand anything about the federal government.  Take that how you'd like

And, let me ask. What was it Trump agreed with Obama on?  I'll hang up and take my answer offline.

LOL.   Obama is letting the illegals enter the US.   

Donald Trump gave a closely watched speech on immigration in Phoenix on Aug. 31, 2016. Donald Trump with "Angel Moms," parents who say their children were killed by illegal immigrants. 

"Since 2013 alone, the Obama administration has allowed 300,000 criminal aliens to return back into United States communities. These are individuals encountered or identified by (Immigration and Customs Enforcement), but who were not detained or processed for deportation because it wouldn't have been politically correct."

Just yesterday he tweeted a speech of Obama  talking about illegal immigrants entering the US and Donald agreed 100%.  

6 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

If a person is even 1/10th Native American then they are actually of Native American decent.   

LOL.   Obama is letting the illegals enter the US.   

Donald Trump gave a closely watched speech on immigration in Phoenix on Aug. 31, 2016. Donald Trump with "Angel Moms," parents who say their children were killed by illegal immigrants. 

"Since 2013 alone, the Obama administration has allowed 300,000 criminal aliens to return back into United States communities. These are individuals encountered or identified by (Immigration and Customs Enforcement), but who were not detained or processed for deportation because it wouldn't have been politically correct."

Just yesterday he tweeted a speech of Obama  talking about illegal immigrants entering the US and Donald agreed 100%.  

No, brah.  After this, take your cockamamie nonsense to PPP with everyone else where it belongs.  I won't pollute otw with replies to you nor give you the satisfaction of entertaining feebleness.

Nonetheless, Trump was agreeing with a singular statement Obama made about not letting illegals poor in to this country and our ability to protect our nation and borders.  Maybe WaPo and Hotair didn't cover that. I don't know.

But hey, here is this - no ambiguity here. The witch is calling her plebs in to action!  #NPCuniteformofantifa!

DqTOAiqU0AABnXt.jpg

13 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I said he gives childish names. It wouldn't be funny on it's own. The fact that adults actually take offense to it is what makes it funny.

You specifically left out the villains part to make your point about his namecalling.

His base loves that he doesn't give a rip about the left's feelings. He spits in the face of identity politics.

If she is Native American at 1/1024th, then half the white population can claim that descent.

Can there be civility before Dems are back in power? 

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

12 minutes ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

I said he gives childish names. It wouldn't be funny on it's own. The fact that adults actually take offense to it is what makes it funny.

You specifically left out the villains part to make your point about his namecalling.

His base loves that he doesn't give a rip about the left's feelings. He spits in the face of identity politics.

If she is Native American at 1/1024th, then half the white population can claim that descent.

Can there be civility before Dems are back in power? 

I'm not an expert in campaign maneuvering, but I get the feeling that someone in Trump's campaign team is going to recommend that he take an ancestry test too...and if (when) he finds that he's 0.5% of some type of minority (Native, African, Asian, Middle Eastern; really doesn't matter) he'll break that out whenever the subject of Warren's 1/1,024th Native American heritage comes up.

I mean, being able to say "Yeah, well I'm 500%  more [Middle Eastern] than she is Native American" would be so Trump-ish

• Haha (+1) 4

13 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It's pretty insulting to pretend this is just some random event. Every recipient was a Trump critic. Every one was someone that Trump decried at his rallies.  So forgive me for thinking that one of his less stabile followers decided to act on Dear Leader's words.

This country will be lucky to last six more years, much less two.

Can I get your theory as to why none detonated? 

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

nobody knows anything at this point in time

This really is the truth of it all.  We all have our suspicions (I certainly do) but none of us are handling the evidence that would provide indicators.  My fear depending on how much political involvement is there is the trail will all of a sudden fade away leaving no suspect.

14 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

This really is the truth of it all.  We all have our suspicions (I certainly do) but none of us are handling the evidence that would provide indicators.  My fear depending on how much political involvement is there is the trail will all of a sudden fade away leaving no suspect.

be like Don Draper during the Cuban Missile Crisis and the JFK assassination, GET YOUR ***** DONE TODAY, and trust no news or government agitprop.

and don't sit there like a zombie in front of the TV or today's fake news outlets....

2 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

No, brah.  After this, take your cockamamie nonsense to PPP with everyone else where it belongs.  I won't pollute otw with replies to you nor give you the satisfaction of entertaining feebleness.

Nonetheless, Trump was agreeing with a singular statement Obama made about not letting illegals poor in to this country and our ability to protect our nation and borders.  Maybe WaPo and Hotair didn't cover that. I don't know.

But hey, here is this - no ambiguity here. The witch is calling her plebs in to action!  #NPCuniteformofantifa!

DqTOAiqU0AABnXt.jpg

I am trying to keep this honest as I can. 

Both sides have morons and idiots.     

You or anyone else that want to go beyond that, or wants to get testy can take it to the PPP.  

Typical instigators .. start crap and blame the other guy after the fact 

10 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

You or anyone else that want to go beyond that, or wants to get testy can take it to the PPP.  

No hard feelings. At the end of the day, we can always come together...

20181025_105110.thumb.png.c3e4685a0dd7f0b630c4b8378ebbd6c5.png

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Not at all the case. OTW has a loose opportunity to discuss politics and typically when it becomes more than a few exchanges common courtesy and decorum has been taking it to the relevant thread in PPP which there always is; and most certainly is in this case.

It doesn't go to PPP because it's the basement, or because you can name call. It goes there because you can actually take someone who is obfuscating and petulant without reason, logic and facts to task and hold them accountable without fear of intervention from moderation, other drive-by posters or anything else that could interfere. A sound argument can't be made in OTW and going back to the origins of this board has never been the place to do so.  OTW can't even handle a debate on the best rock single from 1973 or the proper way to loosen a rusted hex bolt. There is no way the nuances of any finer political argument could be made in this forum with the pretenses of expected behavior and accountability. 

If you do not believe me on based textual statements believe me in spirit. Every single moderator has opened this thread and been tempted to lock, remove or delete this thread because it is more black than it even is gray for it's subject content. I am unaware of any uncivil behavior in this thread.  But, the second it does anyone who mentioned politics will get a warning message, the thread will be locked, and the point will be once again made: it was taken too far in a place not designed to do so.

The issue I have with you specifically and others here, as well, is the impolite behavior and lack of respect to have a discussion in the forum which provides content like this to be freely discussed.  And this is why I do not respect any viewpoint you have because I cannot make an argument sufficiently here. It is not that I am unable to form an argument which would slap you around exposing your foolish ideological [lack of] principles you've displayed in this thread while having blind partisan talking points as any good NPC would have.  No, it's not that, it's that I will not continue to drive this sub forum to discourse due to your rude, disgusting and incivil actions.

So, call me our for starting crap. But, son, I just dropped that mic. Good luck picking it up.  It's gonna be heavy.

25 minutes ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

No hard feelings. At the end of the day, we can always come together...

20181025_105110.thumb.png.c3e4685a0dd7f0b630c4b8378ebbd6c5.png

LOL  

well, except  for Mr Bot.   

21 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Not at all the case. OTW has a loose opportunity to discuss politics and typically when it becomes more than a few exchanges common courtesy and decorum has been taking it to the relevant thread in PPP which there always is; and most certainly is in this case.

Sometimes is seem some people take it to the PPP level  

It's too bad Agent Orange can't have exchanges  with common courtesy and decorum. 

Both sided are GUILTY.   Thats all there is to it.  

the 

was a general comment to anyone that does it.   I wasn't pointing fingers at any members here.  

15 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

LOL  

well, except  for Mr Bot.   

Sometimes is seem some people take it to the PPP level  

It's too bad Agent Orange can't have exchanges  with common courtesy and decorum. 

Both sided are GUILTY.   Thats all there is to it.  

the 

was a general comment to anyone that does it.   I wasn't pointing fingers at any members here.  

You can't be taken seriously when you use agent orange and then speak of instigation being a left or right issue when whatever you are throw it out there yourself.  Your blindeness and petulance is stunning with cognitive dissonance that does no one a favor by opining from a holier than thou rooftop.

49 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

You can't be taken seriously when you use agent orange and then speak of instigation being a left or right issue when whatever you are throw it out there yourself.  Your blindeness and petulance is stunning with cognitive dissonance that does no one a favor by opining from a holier than thou rooftop.

The Orange hair and Orange faced buffoon.  

Better ?

It's the man I speaking of.   the politics matter only a small fraction 

4 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

The amount of time it'd take to cover Elementary grade social studies is not worth it.  Sorry for your loss.

In other words, you were wrong about one or all of your statements and your ego can't handle the sting of being wrong about anything.

Got it. :thumbsup:

4 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

Obama will be remembered as one of the most inefficient and miserable presidents in the historical viewpoint. His push toward a nationalist movement of division and separation will be the earmark of what were terrible ideas regarding foreign policy, infringement of rights, healthcare and more.  Not to mention countless scandals

Did you think this was so well stated you had to post it twice?

It's actually pretty nutty. 

• Like (+1) 1