The GONADS on Hue Jackson!!

Mr. WEO

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Dorsey's situation in Cleveland is to the left of the good and perfect on that spectrum.

If an owner tells you: "you're hired, but ya see the catch is, you have to keep on the worst coach in NFL history.  A guy who has won 1 game in 2 seasons."

If you are a confident, solid GM candidate, you say "wait, is this test?"

Dorsey took a job where the team he was taking over had a lot of young talent and also the prospect of getting a very good qb from the draft. He didn't want to keep Jackson but that was a condition set by the owner. So he waits a year and then gets rid of coach. You can criticize Dorsey all you want but he made a decision that in the long run was in his best interest. That's his decision. So why be bothered by it. 

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Dorsey's situation in Cleveland is to the left of the good and perfect on that spectrum.

If an owner tells you: "you're hired, but ya see the catch is, you have to keep on the worst coach in NFL history.  A guy who has won 1 game in 2 seasons."

If you are a confident, solid GM candidate, you say "wait, is this test?"

Whaley and Dorsey have both failed this test.  When given that condition, you decline the position. 

For Whaley, when he was told he could not hire his own coach and had to allow Rex Ryan to come in and dismantle his defense, he should have politely resigned, and cited a difference of opinion.  You need a backbone to have success at such a difficult job like being an executive in the NFL.

This is just as much on Dorsey and Whaley as it is the owners in these situations.  Whaley doesn't strike me as a guy who put up for himself and Dorsey doesn't strike me as a particularly bright guy.

16 minutes ago, vincec said:

Yes. He's mad because they are only scoring 22 points per game since their rookie QB took over. It's an outrage!

He wants to be more involved so the offense will be more like the ones he ran back in *rubs eyes* 1-31.

the offense is erratic in Cleveland but they have a ton of OT games (4 of 7) and they are decent at getting points on the board in the 4th qtr/OT. Haley runs circles around Hue and he knows it. The OL sucks and it’s causing issues.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/10/22/hue-jackson-cleveland-browns-john-dorsey

I have to hand ot to this guy--he is the ultimate survivor.  Despite all evidence to the contrary, he thinks what his team really needs....is 'ol Hue Jackson gettin more INVOLVED in that offensive play calling!

The balls on this guy!!  How does he still have a job??  Not only that, but he ALWAYS throws everyone under the bus.  He would be a worse bus driver than he is a HC!

So, all of you wailing about McD......take a look 4 hours west to marvel at the perfect pile of crap that is Hue Jackson...

...and would that be the same one that many rolled out the red carpet" welcome mat" for his OBD arrival as the savior?....just askin'......

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

He wants to be more involved so the offense will be more like the ones he ran back in *rubs eyes* 1-31.

the offense is erratic in Cleveland but they have a ton of OT games (4 of 7) and they are decent at getting points on the board in the 4th qtr/OT. Haley runs circles around Hue and he knows it. The OL sucks and it’s causing issues.

I don't know if Hue Jackson is a great coach, but you really can't blame all the losses on him.  They were very obviously dismantling the team, and getting rid of whatever talent they had, when he got there. He was probably a fool to stick around for it, even if it was the only HC job he could have gotten.  

3 minutes ago, Buftex said:

I don't know if Hue Jackson is a great coach, but you really can't blame all the losses on him.  They were very obviously dismantling the team, and getting rid of whatever talent they had, when he got there. He was probably a fool to stick around for it, even if it was the only HC job he could have gotten.  

You can’t blame all the losses on him, but you have to realize how difficult it is to win only one game in 2 years in the NFL regardless of how the roster looks. They play a last place schedule every year. The Bills have a much worse roster and have already won two games this year. It’s very difficult to go that long without managing to beat anyone. 

The difference this year vs the last two is they bolstered the Qb position and roster as a whole, so they actually look competitive. That’s the roster building you see. Unfortunately, they still only have 2 wins. That is coaching. 

2 hours ago, vincec said:

Yes. He's mad because they are only scoring 22 points per game since their rookie QB took over. It's an outrage!

And they are losing games. But you'd think he'd be used to that by now.

Honestly, he needed a miracle to remain coach anyways.

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They (media/fans) want Lincoln Riley from Oklahoma ... not sure if that’s reasonable but Haslam will definitely get out the checkbook 

That would be fun to see. Riley coaching Baker again.  I keep hearing his name come up and the NFL. 

9 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...and would that be the same one that many rolled out the red carpet" welcome mat" for his OBD arrival as the savior?....just askin'......

Not many, but, sadly, enough of them...

8 hours ago, Buftex said:

Let me help you--he's an awful coach.  No one has coached a team to 1-31 in his first 32 games.   Its almost impossible.  Its 1 more win than if they had no coach at all. They were fools for hiring him, bigger fools for keeping him.

13 hours ago, Steptide said:

The Browns are actually pretty entertaining to watch this year. Imo they're better than the bills. Mayfield is much farther ahead than Allen is at this point. They're competitive in every game and they definitely had the raiders game taken from them on 2 horrible officiating calls. 

Yes but we should be getting an earlier draft pick. Any top 5 corners out there?

13 hours ago, SDS said:

If Brandon didn’t push Rex, Hue was Whaley’s guy...

13 hours ago, OJ Tom said:

Lots of people here liked Hue, and wanted him to be the HC.

10 hours ago, klos63 said:

And Schwartz would have been DC

I wanted this setup..i want offense!!!!! 

13 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

They (media/fans) want Lincoln Riley from Oklahoma ... not sure if that’s reasonable but Haslam will definitely get out the checkbook 

Why did the owner want to keep the HC when the new GM was installed? That was the time to make a clean break from the disastrous past. I never understood the retention. In the end Dorsey is going to get his own guy before the next season begins. Very often when it comes to football some owner can be very dumb.