The GONADS on Hue Jackson!!

Mr. WEO

23 minutes ago, SDS said:

If Brandon didn’t push Rex, Hue was Whaley’s guy...

I probably don't like Rex more but I didn't have to see Hue Jackson as my teams HC. I always saw Rex as the washed up Jets HC. Never once was I fooled by the celebrity he was. 

Edited by Lfod

27 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/10/22/hue-jackson-cleveland-browns-john-dorsey

I have to hand ot to this guy--he is the ultimate survivor.  Despite all evidence to the contrary, he thinks what his team really needs....is 'ol Hue Jackson gettin more INVOLVED in that offensive play calling!

The balls on this guy!!  How does he still have a job??  Not only that, but he ALWAYS throws everyone under the bus.  He would be a worse bus driver than he is a HC!

So, all of you wailing about McD......take a look 4 hours west to marvel at the perfect pile of crap that is Hue Jackson...

Pointing out the example that is worse than what the Bills are doing is Promo's job.........let the man have SOMETHING for chrissakes.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

The Browns are actually pretty entertaining to watch this year. Imo they're better than the bills. Mayfield is much farther ahead than Allen is at this point. They're competitive in every game and they definitely had the raiders game taken from them on 2 horrible officiating calls. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/10/22/hue-jackson-cleveland-browns-john-dorsey

I have to hand it to this guy--he is the ultimate survivor.  Despite all evidence to the contrary, he thinks what his team really needs....is 'ol Hue Jackson gettin more INVOLVED in that offensive play calling!

The balls on this guy!!  How does he still have a job??  Not only that, but he ALWAYS throws everyone under the bus.  He would be a worse bus driver than he is a HC!

So, all of you wailing about McD......take a look 4 hours west to marvel at the perfect pile of crap that is Hue Jackson...

Hold my beer!

-------Jason Garrett

Edited by billsbackto81

4 hours? FYI, the furthest pedal to the right when you’re sitting in the driver’s seat of a motor vehicle is called the accelerator. If you push it down with your foot the car moves faster. 

2 minutes ago, transient said:

4 hours? FYI, the furthest pedal to the right when you’re sitting in the driver’s seat of a motor vehicle is called the accelerator. If you push it down with your foot the car moves faster. 

From the Roc, bro...

In the real world, you don't have to take a job where you are being set up to fail.

His choice was: take the money, or wait for a better offer.

He took the offer for a job that was available. Waiting for a better offer doesn't necessarily mean that it he would get another GM offer, let alone a better offer. He's actually not set up for a job to fail because he took a job where there is a lot of good young talent and he knew that he would be in a position to select the best qb prospect available in a qb rich class. So he waits another year and hires his own HC. Although it isn't a perfect situation it is a good situation. There's a saying: Don't let perfect be the enemy of the good. 

1 hour ago, Kevin1778 said:

He will be gone by end of year. 

Yes. Hue is a dead man walking. Dorsey has thought he was an idiot from day 1. Haslam required Dorsey to keep him into this season as a condition of becoming GM. That’s the only reason he is still there. 

1 hour ago, billsfan_34 said:

True- however, a GM of an NFL team must have autonomy. Dorsey is a very marketable guy- maybe he shouldnt have taken the job if he couldnt bring his people in. This is why Cleveland and Buffalo continue to swirl the drain. 

See my response to WEO. It also applies to your post. 

In the real world, you don't have to take a job where you are being set up to fail.

His choice was: take the money, or wait for a better offer.

Fair enough, but in this case there are only 32 of those jobs total and only a handful come available every year. So it’s not a bad idea to take the job and huge contract with lots of guaranteed money. You’ve got a free pass on the garbage HC for a season and have that time to set up the moves you want to make. No need to rush like would have been the case last season. Using all of those picks to improve the team - and Dorsey certainly did that - is only going to help the chances of finding a quality coach too.

20 minutes ago, JohnC said:

He took the offer for a job that was available. Waiting for a better offer doesn't necessarily mean that it he would get another GM offer, let alone a better offer. He's actually not set up for a job to fail because he took a job where there is a lot of good young talent and he knew that he would be in a position to select the best qb prospect available in a qb rich class. So he waits another year and hires his own HC. Although it isn't a perfect situation it is a good situation. There's a saying: Don't let perfect be the enemy of the good. 

Dorsey's situation in Cleveland is to the left of the good and perfect on that spectrum.

If an owner tells you: "you're hired, but ya see the catch is, you have to keep on the worst coach in NFL history.  A guy who has won 1 game in 2 seasons."

If you are a confident, solid GM candidate, you say "wait, is this test?"

Just now, fridge said:

Can someone translate this for me? Hue Jackson is taking over offensive play calling duties? Is that what we're supposed to have feelings about here?

Yes. He's mad because they are only scoring 22 points per game since their rookie QB took over. It's an outrage!