A Few Thoughts about the Colts game, in no particular order

Virgil

Thanks Virgil - good read.  One HUGE takeaway that I am surprised you didn't cover was our yet again ABYSMAL Punt/Kick returners.  Those guys are cover your eyes awful!

Carr would be interesting....something needs to be done thats for sure.

Thanks again....

32 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

I don't read any other post game analysis until i read your threads, you offer fairly realistic feedback.  I am among the most optimistic people when it comes to this team.  I cannot believe you had such a "positive" post after this debacle.  Sure I agree that anderson has had minimal time to prepare, but he's had 13 years in the league and i saw things out of him that would have caused Peterman to proclaim "Dude, why'd you just do that??"...today was absolutely pathetic.  I expected way more out of a seasoned veteran QB.  Did we run any first down plays today that weren't runs?  I don't think we make any high profile moves this year because we are going to kill the career of anyone that comes here.  I still stand with this team 1000% but they are plucking my last nerve.  I am so glad i have a full sunday off next week.  Eagles will be done by noon, Bills don't get decimated until late monday.  I'm gonna just sit on my couch and rock back and forth all day sunday, grateful I don't have to endure any more of this, for at least one day.  Thanks for your posts, they are among my favorite post game reads!

I think the game offense is still at least 50% Daboll.  I’m not blaming it all on Anderson.  25% turnovers and bonehead plays 

24 minutes ago, Fixxxer said:

What about Daboll calling the game from the sidelines? Why the hell didn't he do that for his rookie QB? Why help a 13 year veteran and not your top ten QB? makes no sense. 

Didn’t he start the season on the sideline and the go to the booth later?  

I noticed that too

5 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

Thanks Virgil - good read.  One HUGE takeaway that I am surprised you didn't cover was our yet again ABYSMAL Punt/Kick returners.  Those guys are cover your eyes awful!

Carr would be interesting....something needs to be done thats for sure.

Thanks again....

I’m just getting tired of beating the same dead horses.  It’s getting harder, trust me 

4 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Didn’t he start the season on the sideline and the go to the booth later?  

I noticed that too

If I'm not mistaken, first pre-season game he called it on the sidelines, after that went up to the booth

I get my man. It almost feels like a waste of time to try to put together solid thoughts about this nightmare season. Feels like posters spend more time with thoughtful analysis than our pathetic front office. I'd be done watching this year if it weren't for fantasy football leagues and my winning streak on Fan Duel. 

Was a very rough day overall. Ivory played pretty determined with heart. The O-line has strung together 3 decent games in a row now. 

Everything else was just poop. I didn't expect any shattering stats from Anderson but did expect him to protect the ball a little better. 

Edited by Real McCoy

Coming into this game Shady had 4.0 YPA compared to Ivory's 2.5 YPA.  

So explain to me how Ivory is better for this offense?  

The Anderson pick was not on KB. Anderson threw into triple coverage and stared down KB.  Anderson has been total garbage for years and it showed again today.  He has no business playing in the NFL.  He should be a QB coach.  

McDermott played Anderson so he didn't lose the locker room even though as awful as Peterman is, he was a better choice to play today.  

The KB penalty was classic retaliation.  No defending it but the Colts player shoved first and the ref saw the retaliation.

O-line is below average but not so tragically flawed with Bodine at C.  Still needs a complete overhaul.

Why do you want Carr? He is playing terrible with a good HC.  Allen is the future.  I'm ok with adding players on the cheap but the season is over. Any acquisition has to be with an eye on 2019 2020

• Like (+1) 1

Virgil..I love reading your analysis after every game. One of the few bright spots I look forward to, even after a day like today. You always seem to be honest and truthful.... with just enough optimism. 

Keep up up the awesome work!!!

Go BILLS!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

8)You honestly think that his plan to dump talented players(a combined 8 recent 1st and 2nd round picks) and create a mountain of dead money got McDermott hired?   You can't be serious.    I know that Terry Pegula has been wishy-washy but when he fired Rex the message was that the coaching wasn't good enough.    After the fact he may have talked Pegs into it but I doubt the Pegula's hated this roster the way McD feared it. 

How many of these players today on whatever team they are on and whatever contract are worth the money they are being paid?  Would the Bills be a better team if they had all these guys, certainly yes they would, but are they worth the money they are being paid?  The only one I think is worth his contract would be Glenn, but he was a risk in keeping due to injury.

I also think if the Bills hadn't made the playoffs last season, maybe ended the season at 7-9, they would have drafted much higher and wouldn't have needed to make the Glenn trade and still had been able to get into the top 10 or 5 if needed for the other moves they made.  Or they could have still traded Glenn, but after all the other moves still had at least one 2nd or 3rd round pick left for another player.  That was the problem with making the playoffs last year, they didn't draft as high as they maybe expected early on.

Good post @Virgil- Always appreciate reading. 

Regarding regime change.. I don't think that we will, and I am not entirely sold that changing is a good idea... But I also am beginning to wonder what it would look like to have a HC like John Deflippo to play with that money and build the team how he wants it.... Not gonna throw McD to the wolves, but there is a concern about the overall competitive nature of the team.

1 hour ago, Real McCoy said:

Was a very rough day overall. Ivory played pretty determined with heart. The O-line has strung together 3 decent games in a row now. 

Everything else was just poop. I didn't expect any shattering stats from Anderson but did expect him to protect the ball a little better. 

I for one will be looking forward to seeing Josh Allen back on the field again, hopefully sooner vs later.

Thanks OP 

27 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Good post @Virgil- Always appreciate reading. 

Regarding regime change.. I don't think that we will, and I am not entirely sold that changing is a good idea... But I also am beginning to wonder what it would look like to have a HC like John Deflippo to play with that money and build the team how he wants it.... Not gonna throw McD to the wolves, but there is a concern about the overall competitive nature of the team.

While Allen may only be a rookie its very possible his leadership is a big part of the Buffalo Bills competitive nature and is almost impossible to replace.

The team and fan base is already leaning heavy on this kid and the only thing that can fix it is a healthy Josh Allen behind center again in my humble opinion.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

How many of these players today on whatever team they are on and whatever contract are worth the money they are being paid?  Would the Bills be a better team if they had all these guys, certainly yes they would, but are they worth the money they are being paid?  The only one I think is worth his contract would be Glenn, but he was a risk in keeping due to injury.

I also think if the Bills hadn't made the playoffs last season, maybe ended the season at 7-9, they would have drafted much higher and wouldn't have needed to make the Glenn trade and still had been able to get into the top 10 or 5 if needed for the other moves they made.  Or they could have still traded Glenn, but after all the other moves still had at least one 2nd or 3rd round pick left for another player.  That was the problem with making the playoffs last year, they didn't draft as high as they maybe expected early on.

Woods

Darby

Gilmore

Watkins

Goodwin

I've already stated I would have not kept Woods or Goodwin for the money they got but they are earning their contracts.  Darby would still be here on a rookie deal starting if they did not trade Watkins.  McBeane were predetermined to move Watkins and Dareus even if the play on the filed got worse.

I said a few weeks ago my season was now focussed on watching the guys who will definitely be here next season. It wasn't a great day for them. White was very grabby with TY, Milano had his poorest game, Dawkins had a couple of big blown blocks and Tremaine Edmunds was awful. 

I normally like to find a positive or two out of each game.... yesterday was the exception. I can see no positives from that.