Peterman Could Play in Indy

billsfan_34

6 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Nowhere has it been said that Peterman is likely the starter. As one of two available QBs - it's possible he plays. But I think the probability of Derek Anderson starting after only being here for a week is much higher.

If Peterman starts I will not give 2, 3, 4, or 5 sh*ts about this game.  I'd rather have Stephen Hauschka start at QB than Picksixerman.  I will officially be on the #FireMcDermott bandwagon if this goes down. 35 year old Derek Anderson not knowing the playbook? I'll still take that over one of the worst QB's I've ever seen take a snap in an NFL regular season game.

7 minutes ago, In Nate We Trust said:

Peterman makes mistakes but he also threw the first Bills TD in 13 quarters.  He is a solid backup QB.

I don't know that it changes my opinion about him, but that TD throw was indeed a complete thread over the DB...

That being said even a healthy, fit, and playbook savvy Anderson is not much better than Peterman. And in one week there isn't much that can be done to get a QB out there that can help us compete who isn't already on the roster...unless we drastically simplify the playbook it's just not plausible

Edited by ctk232

Andy Dalton bought McDermott and Beane a mulligan year.

How else can you explain building such a lopsided roster?

The defense has been very good, and it's true you can't build everything at once. Personally I would build offense first since if you can score 30+ every week all your defense needs to do is force 1-2 punts or get a turnover and you win.

KC basically doesn't field a defense and they are still 5-1.

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, In Nate We Trust said:

Why? Peterman played well against Indy in the snow. He played well against Texans until last drive. He looks good at times. The teams he looks bad against have elite pass rushers. He just needs to learn to protect the ball. He is a 2nd year backup QB, not a first rounder earning millions.

He doesn't respect the football.  You can't take care of what you don't respect.

• Haha (+1) 1

OH WOW

In wake of Josh Allen's injury, Bills not wanting to play Peterman and are reaching out to https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bills-are-shopping-lesean-mccoy-to-eagles-for backup quarterback/

Jason La Canfora Retweeted

La CanforaVerified account @JasonLaCanfora OCT 14

More

Bills in a very different mindset than at the 2017 trade deadline. Not shopping veterans or trying to load up on picks. Would take a bounty to lure a McCoy or Hughes away:

Edited by Reed83HOF
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Reed83HOF said:

OH WOW

In wake of Josh Allen's injury, Bills not wanting to play Peterman and are reaching out to https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bills-are-shopping-lesean-mccoy-to-eagles-for backup quarterback/

More

Bills in a very different mindset than at the 2017 trade deadline. Not shopping veterans or trying to load up on picks. Would take a bounty to lure a McCoy or Hughes away:

I would do McCoy for Foles straight up in 1/2 a NY heartbeat.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, In Nate We Trust said:

Why? Peterman played well against Indy in the snow. He played well against Texans until last drive. He looks good at times. The teams he looks bad against have elite pass rushers. He just needs to learn to protect the ball. He is a 2nd year backup QB, not a first rounder earning millions.

Guys Nate Peterman has joined TwoBillsDrive hahaha. Welcome Nate. 

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

OH WOW

More

This would kill me, please just wait until the offseason to pick up a replacement or backup...if we're trading anyone it should be for capital of future starters and players, not temporary bandaids and serviceable back ups

*sigh*. It's saddening to see this defense (maybe 1 of the best Bills D in a long, long time) get wasted with the joke of an offense. Petermen and Allen both are not playing well, however,  I'd still rather see Allen if he can go. Feel like Allen is being wasted thus far also with the lack of any talent once so ever around him(besides Shady).

2 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

OH WOW

More

Got me ?

• Haha (+1) 1