The blame lies squarely with the HC, FO & Refusal to build an Offense - Not Allen

3 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Why the hate for Allen?  This staff & FO have done nothing to help Josh.  The playcalling and game plans are stuck in the 70's.  McDermott & McBeane have abandoned the offense and in their stupidity had Peterman as the starter and Allen's mentor.  Now they bring in another back-up with at least some experience, but little else.  

I watched yesterday and again Allen looked okay, but was playing against a stacked deck that this Bills organization is to blame for.  

BTW the two passes to KB were great along with that cross body to McCoy.  

Not much however one can do with coaches who refuse to acknowledge and have players or a system that wins games in today's NFL.

Is it really a refusal though? Could it be just not having the appropriate resources at the moment? Once they have them available i think its fair to take shots if its failing. That time doesnt seem to be upon us yet.

57 minutes ago, GG said:

The only thing that they squarely missed of the options that were available was not going after Bridgewater.  I don't know who gave them medical advice, but it was clearly wrong and the guy was available for a song.   

It's hard to watch Mahomes light it up and not think of what could have been.  I'll chalk it up to usual Bills' luck that the front office was in transition for them to pull the obvious trigger.

We also don't know who else they pursued in FA that declined to work for the Bills, like John Brown.  Rishard Matthews would be a clear asset, but wants no part of Terry Robiskie.

And regarding your list of players that the Bills tossed aside, please tell me how much better Cordy Glenn has played than Dawkins, and why Sammy Watkins had a worse stat line than Zay Jones? 

Bills didn't let Robert Woods walk, they wanted to keep him.  He walked on his own.

Bodine was the best FA option available.  Which Pro Bowler did Newhouse replace?  The guy who can't last through a quarter of a season?

In retrospect, you also have to give credit to Beane for not going hogwild after Bradford, Cousins & Keenum

Sure. Glenn would be better than say Mills 

Sammy would add a better element than say I dont run routes Pre Game Benjamin. 

He walked. They wanted him at 3.5 a year. He walked. So yeah Still nothing. 

So i ask again. What have they dont ON OFFENSE that gives you confidence they know how to build one?

2 hours ago, bmur66 said:

I prefer the Andy Reid approach myself. Not at all confident this team has the staff to build a high powered offense. I can’t understand how you go all in on a QB that everybody knows needs a year on the sidelines and then throw him out there with nothing. 

Defense is playing well and that’s all great and everything but all that emphasis should have been placed on building an offense first. I really like Josh Allen but I am afraid they are going to hurt his development by the choices they have made.

They seriously miscalculated the QB position. This crap regime was so sold on Peterman that they got rid of McCarron. Then they start him and he lays a giant egg. After that, the Josh Allen experiment began and he just isnt ready- way too raw! Allen gets hurt against a very beatable Texans team and Peterman comes back in and  dumps C. diff diarrhea all over the team. The worst part about all of this- McDermott hired the wrong OC/offensive staff again! We have no one that can really fix the issues that Allen has which is many. The kid has upside/talent but if he cant learn to play the next level he woll be gone in 3 years and the Bills will continue to meander around in mediocrity for another 18 years. 

Edited by billsfan_34

52 minutes ago, papazoid said:

the FO is cleaning up the mess of overpaid and underperforming trash they inherited

already have over $90 mil in avail cap space for 2019...likely over $100 mil

that fixes a lot of problems

Not if they overpay bad talent 

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Not if they overpay bad talent 

And have an offensive coordinator who is a giant cluster F$&k

4 minutes ago, teef said:

it's on allen too.  it's on the buffalo bills at this point.

Allen hasnt played well- that said its very hard to evaluate him when we are running a pop warner offense. I have never seen a more pathetic offensive system. 

3 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Why the hate for Allen?  This staff & FO have done nothing to help Josh.  The playcalling and game plans are stuck in the 70's.  McDermott & McBeane have abandoned the offense and in their stupidity had Peterman as the starter and Allen's mentor.  Now they bring in another back-up with at least some experience, but little else.  

I watched yesterday and again Allen looked okay, but was playing against a stacked deck that this Bills organization is to blame for.  

BTW the two passes to KB were great along with that cross body to McCoy.  

Not much however one can do with coaches who refuse to acknowledge and have players or a system that wins games in today's NFL.

Other than the fact that McBeane is just a combination of McDermott and Beane, I agree with everything here.

16 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

So nothing to point to they have ANYTHING to show they can build an offense thanks

To simplify, other than I trust they will put the same effort in the offense next year as the defense this year? No.

As for thanking me, wrf for? Did that make your day? 

It's for people like you that I try to calm the waters. Can't help them all. ✌

13 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Allen hasnt played well- that said its very hard to evaluate him when we are running a pop warner offense. I have never seen a more pathetic offensive system. 

absolutely.  the offense is just a mess. he'll get another year or two which he should.  i was just hoping it might be easy for bills fans this time, but what can ya do?

4 minutes ago, teef said:

absolutely.  the offense is just a mess. he'll get another year or two which he should.  i was just hoping it might be easy for bills fans this time, but what can ya do?

Nothing we can do but wait and see. The good news is we have 91 mil of cap and 10 picks next year. I wouldnt hesitate to draft another QB. 

3 hours ago, Kevin1778 said:

I blame it all on the idiots who destroyed this team for years and left this team in tatters. The Bills are doing a great job clearing out dead money. The goal is to win a Superbowl, not be a 9 win team every year.  They are set up perfectly to fix this team next year with a fortune in money available.

And the new regime just had to draft Pat Mahomes, and there wouldn't have to be a rebuild....

35 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I'm willing to give them one more offseason to see what they do with the money that will be freed up. But my confidence level is quite low at this point.

....2019 with 10 picks and a boatload of FA could be one of the most pivotal years in the last decade.....their performance should give a fairly decent idea as to which way this club is headed......

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And what skill position players would have any interest in playing for the Bills.  This is a working class, cold weather destination, with coaching & FO that have  shown no ability to highlight that side of the ball.

The Bills would have to overpay for average talent and pray for a miracle.  

The Browns have Mayfield throwing the ball, same with Darnold & heck so did Rosen some yesterday. 

Be realistic please......  

Players don't approach free agency like fans do.  If a player likes what he sees in the Bills he is not going to worry about weather and blue collar atmosphere most of the time.  After all it's not like he is looking to move here permanently.  At least not initially.  Best part of 2019 is we have all our picks and have just as much chance to pull 3 starters out of it as the elite teams do.  The glass is half full with the defense pretty much in place.

10 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Players don't approach free agency like fans do.  If a player likes what he sees in the Bills he is not going to worry about weather and blue collar atmosphere most of the time.  After all it's not like he is looking to move here permanently.  At least not initially.  Best part of 2019 is we have all our picks and have just as much chance to pull 3 starters out of it as the elite teams do.  The glass is half full with the defense pretty much in place.

Again why so sure on the defense?  Yep playing well, but are you convinced they are that good, or maybe just a good run vs. so so teams and a great first quarter vs. Minn.

FA want to go where they will excel.  No way will skill posion players look at Buffalo if they continue this way on offense.

I blame Allen because even a moderately unsuccessful QB would of produces more than 100 yds of passing

Allen is not dissecting at the LOS and is not making quick reads on any type of consistent basis. He takes way too much time holding the ball looking and waiting for open WR's, or even worse becoming a scramble 1st QB.. the very thing we want to avoid with a pocket passer

The undoing of this FO will be their decision to rebuild both sides of the ball. The losses will pile up and they will simply run out of time to do it. The defense needed the overhaul, especially after Wrecks Ryan. That was accomplished , and relatively cheaply. The offense should have been tweaked with a few modifications, not dismantled. They cannot compete on that side of the ball as currently constructed. Next year, the offense will have many new parts and may hit a stride in a couple years. That’s just too long in the modern NFL and it will be a new GM and HC in a few years to start yet another overhaul.