Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

26 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

As "Run for Senate" begins to trend... 

He can't win a Senate seat in Texas anymore, maybe a House seat in an already blue district... maybe.

He'll have to carpetbag if he wants to be in Senate. 

Lizzy promised him the Sec. Homeland Security position if he drops out. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

https://apnews.com/db01cb07afed4f82831c04127542c019

Biden reaps $5.3M online donation surge amid Trump attacks

WASHINGTON (AP) — Joe Biden raised $5.3 million in October in a surge of small-dollar online contributions that rolled in after President Donald Trump launched unfounded attacks against the former vice president over his son’s Ukrainian dealings.

The swell of cash was raised from through 182,000 donations, with an average amount of about $28, according to figures provided to The Associated Press by Biden’s presidential campaign.

He's gonna need it if he stays in. I'll be curious to see the Bernie and Warren numbers. I know Trump raised $19M in October, so we "should" start seeing  those three combine to close to that (still a few more stragglers left in the race, so maybe not quite yet).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

WASHINGTON (AP) — Joe Biden raised $5.3 million in October in a surge of small-dollar online contributions that rolled in after President Donald Trump launched unfounded attacks against the former vice president over his son’s Ukrainian dealings.

The swell of cash was raised from through 182,000 donations, with an average amount of about $28, according to figures provided to The Associated Press by Biden’s presidential campaign.

Seriously? That's a sad amount.

Just now, Foxx said:

i don't want to quote long posts but lmao here... those Beto responses are pretty brutal.

I can't tell you  the last time I saw so much dancing on a political grave. And it is a grave as he's not getting elected to anything in Texas. That gun confiscation stance has made him un-electable there. He'll probably carpetbag to NYS.  :censored:

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I can't tell you  the last time I saw so much dancing on a political grave. And it is a grave as he's not getting elected to anything in Texas. That gun confiscation stance has made him un-electable there. He'll probably carpetbag to NYS.  :censored:

I hear there is a room at Trump tower available now...previous tenant going to Florida after 5 more years in DC

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

He's gonna need it if he stays in. I'll be curious to see the Bernie and Warren numbers. I know Trump raised $19M in October, so we "should" start seeing  those three combine to close to that (still a few more stragglers left in the race, so maybe not quite yet).

Trump's getting plenty of big money and obviously will because that's what drives the Republican party.

How much of his money is from small dollar donations?

$5.3 million from 182,000 individual donations less than $30 on average is likely a much different path than Trump is taking to get his money.

And yes, I think that really, really matters.

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

In spite of liberal beliefs, Americans don't like fakes.

They don't like fake injuns.

They don't like fake woman of color.

And they don't like fake Latinos with faked names.

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Trump's getting plenty of big money and obviously will because that's what drives the Republican party.

How much of his money is from small dollar donations?

$5.3 million from 182,000 individual donations less than $30 on average is likely a much different path than Trump is taking to get his money.

And yes, I think that really, really matters.

Most of Trumps donations are small donors. Go read the Trump re-election thread to see the exact numbers, or google it.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

cripes, don't give him any ideas.

11 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

He'll come to CA. The Dems can put him anywhere in the state and guarantee him a seat in Congress.

4 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Soon to be followed by AOC once her NY term is up.  

good riddance!

apologies to my Cali friends...

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Most of Trumps donations are small donors. Go read the Trump re-election thread to see the exact numbers, or google it.

Read that thread?

Yeah, I'd rather not go through 74 pages to find that.

Most of his donations are small donors?  I googled it and it's oddly difficult to pin down and it seems like there's some variance in numbers.

The couple I found look like Dems are vastly outraising Trump in small donors less than $200 per donation... like 40% vs 15%.

So if you have a link, I'd appreciate it  :thumbsup:  

22 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Read that thread?

Yeah, I'd rather not go through 74 pages to find that.

Most of his donations are small donors?  I googled it and it's oddly difficult to pin down and it seems like there's some variance in numbers.

The couple I found look like Dems are vastly outraising Trump in small donors less than $200 per donation... like 40% vs 15%.

So if you have a link, I'd appreciate it  :thumbsup:  

Sure, I'll go through the monthly totals in that thread for the last 18 months so you don't have to. :wacko:

The data is not difficult to find. It has been posted in that thread since the thread was started, pretty faithfully (nearly every month). It may be time consuming to go through, but the information is not difficult to find. It is in that thread.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Sure, I'll go through the monthly totals in that thread for the last few years so you don't have to. :wacko:

The data is not difficult to find. It has been posted in that thread since the thread was started, pretty faithfully (nearly every month). It may be time consuming to go through, but the information is not difficult to find. It is in that thread.

Well color me skeptical then.

Time is something I don't have if it takes time to find it.

Here's what I found:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-fundraising-q3/

Comparing the parties in 2019 so far

The Democratic Party is putting a lot of weight on grassroots fundraising this election cycle. That’s in part because of ActBlue, an online Democratic fundraising tool that has raised over $3 billion for the party by helping to fuel a surge of small-dollar donations.1 When the Democratic National Committee made fundraising a criterion in determining which candidates qualify for the party’s first debates, it specified a minimum number of donors per candidate but not a minimum dollar number, prioritizing candidates who could demonstrate broad national support even if their fundraising totals were relatively low.2

No one is doing better with small donors than Bernie Sanders, who raised $43.0 million, or 57.8 percent of his total, from donors who gave $200 or less.3

Overall this year, 40.1 percent of Democrats’ funding came from small donors. For Trump, 15.2 percent of his total haul came from people who gave less than $200.

Here’s the breakdown for all the Democrats as a group and for Trump on his own for the first, second and third quarters.

What follows that excerpt is a chart that I can't copy and past that shows that for Trump, 15.2% of his money from the first 3 quarters is from small donors, 15.8% is from big donors, 67.8% is from transfers and 1.1% is "other"

By contrast, for Dems 40.1% is small donors, 36.3% is big donors, 7.7% is transfers and 15.6% is "self funding," which is Steyer, I'm guessing.

But again I'd be curious to see what you cited... legitimately.   

I'm not trying to call you out here, but with all due respect, I got absolutely slammed on here by some idiot for not linking a site when I posted something I claimed was a fact.  I was told that's not how it's done here.

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Not surprising at all if it's primarily big money donors.

Citizens United has done its damage to the Democratic party in the money-raising competition, clearly.

You guys seem to be claiming Trump gets most of his money from small dollar donors.

I would like to see where you get that information.

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Not for nothing, Nate Silver hasn't been right about much the past 5 years.

Right about what?  He's not predicting anything there.

50 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I'm not trying to call you out here, but with all due respect, I got absolutely slammed on here by some idiot for not linking a site when I posted something I claimed was a fact.  I was told that's not how it's done here.

You didn't get absolutely slammed, you got biatch slapped. Furthermore, if you are going to quote "facts" then you'd better be prepared to link to those "facts". You asked me to do your work for you and I explained that it didn't work that way.

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Here's what I found:

The Democratic Party is putting a lot of weight on grassroots fundraising this election cycle. That’s in part because of ActBlue, an online Democratic fundraising tool that has raised over $3 billion for the party by helping to fuel a surge of small-dollar donations.1 When the Democratic National Committee made fundraising a criterion in determining which candidates qualify for the party’s first debates, it specified a minimum number of donors per candidate but not a minimum dollar number, prioritizing candidates who could demonstrate broad national support even if their fundraising totals were relatively low.2

No one is doing better with small donors than Bernie Sanders, who raised $43.0 million, or 57.8 percent of his total, from donors who gave $200 or less.3

Overall this year, 40.1 percent of Democrats’ funding came from small donors. For Trump, 15.2 percent of his total haul came from people who gave less than $200.

Here’s the breakdown for all the Democrats as a group and for Trump on his own for the first, second and third quarters.

What follows that excerpt is a chart that I can't copy and past that shows that for Trump, 15.2% of his money from the first 3 quarters is from small donors, 15.8% is from big donors, 67.8% is from transfers and 1.1% is "other"

By contrast, for Dems 40.1% is small donors, 36.3% is big donors, 7.7% is transfers and 15.6% is "self funding," which is Steyer, I'm guessing.

Call me out? I told you the correct thread where the information for the linked sources to the question you asked were contained. (I linked you to the answer.) You just need to read all the links contained within that thread.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Not for nothing, Nate Silver hasn't been right about much the past 5 years.

Besides the midterms where he projected Dems would gain 39 seats.  They gained 41.  Most on here predicted Republicans would lose some seats but not the majority. 

He also gave Trump the best shot in 2016 of all the major prediction models so he's still the gold standard.

BETO-OROURKE-VF-201904-COVER-FINAL%25252

Man.  You couldn't even beat the Zodiac Killer.

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Call me out? I told you the correct thread where the information for the linked sources to the question you asked were contained. (I linked you to the answer.) You just need to read all the links contained within that thread.

You linked me to a 74 page thread.

Would you scroll through a 74 page thread?

You seem awfully sure of the sourcing to so confidently say most of Trump's money is from small donors, all I asked for was a direct link to the source, not a 74 page thread that may or may not contain a link to what may or may not be a credible source.

Regardless, from what I can find that's not true. But despite what some posters might believe--like recently ignored ones--I'm completely accepting of facts that are actual facts.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

2 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

You didn't get absolutely slammed, you got biatch slapped. Furthermore, if you are going to quote "facts" then you'd better be prepared to link to those "facts". You asked me to do your work for you and I explained that it didn't work that way.

Ignored you, clicked "show this post," and just have to respond:

If the bolded is the understood way it works here--and note that after your whining I did provide a link and just obliterated the argument you were trying to make as you launched into evasive maneuvers--then I would expect @Buffalo_Gal would thus expect to be held to the same standards in providing that direct link.

Aloha! :thumbsup:

16 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

You linked me to a 74 page thread.

Would you scroll through a 74 page thread?

You seem awfully sure of the sourcing to so confidently say most of Trump's money is from small donors, all I asked for was a direct link to the source, not a 74 page thread that may or may not contain a link to what may or may not be a credible source.

Regardless, from what I can find that's not true. But despite what some posters might believe--like recently ignored ones--I'm completely accepting of facts that are actual facts.

Welp, since I probably added half of those particular links we are discussing to that thread, I have read the source material.  I have also, at one time or another, read all 74 pages of that thread.  You should read it too as you seem to be having difficulty finding the correct information, and links to that correct information is indeed found in that thread. 

P. S. read the damn thread. It will be enlightening.

16 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Welp, since I probably added half of those particular links we are discussing to that thread, I have read the source material.  I have also, at one time or another, read all 74 pages of that thread.  You should read it too as you seem to be having difficulty finding the correct information, and links to that correct information is indeed found in that thread. 

P. S. read the damn thread. It will be enlightening.

I'll try to read it eventually.

I just don't understand why it's so difficult to post what should be at most one or two links, especially if you found and added them yourself.

The OP in that thread that you started doesn't inspire confidence considering it's a Twitter post from some dude making a vague claim that he doesn't support with any credible evidence.

4 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Here's what I found:

Could you please summarize in 3 sentences or less, and use the čhïłłęr font for effect? All these words in sequence together makes me skeptical of the writers intent.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

So that’s it?

that is all they have as candidate strength 

and all they have for ideas?

They have no ideas or strong candidates because they wasted the last three years trying to invalidate an election rather than looking inward and addressing the reasons why half the country thinks their party is insane. 

All they had to be is NOT crazy... and they just couldn't do it. 

There's no one coming to save the day either. They'll either run Joe who will get "beat like a drum", or Warren who will only assure that the African American vote for the dems is the lowest in recent history. Everyone else is playing for senate seats or to be the VP on the losing ticket. 

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

They have no ideas or strong candidates because they wasted the last three years trying to invalidate an election rather than looking inward and addressing the reasons why half the country thinks their party is insane. 

All they had to be is NOT crazy... and they just couldn't do it. 

There's no one coming to save the day either. They'll either run Joe who will get "beat like a drum", or Warren who will only assure that the African American vote for the dems is the lowest in recent history. Everyone else is playing for senate seats or to be the VP on the losing ticket. 

Almost impossible  to unseat a President in a strong economy

can the GOP take a third term 

9 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Almost impossible  to unseat a President in a strong economy

can the GOP take a third term 

I see several strong candidates out of Pence, Pompeo, Haley and several Republican Congressmen as possible VP's.

3 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I see several strong candidates out of Pence, Pompeo, Haley and several Republican Congressmen as possible VP's.

Reagan’s greatness led to a de facto third term 

Trump’s greatness might also