Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liz Warren in PR: 

Even now, even after the Trump administration has denied how many died and has dragged its feet on sending adequate disaster relief funds, the president of the United States has doubled down on the insult by toying with the idea of diverting your recovery funds to build a wall. ... Back when he was running for office, Donald Trump promised that Mexico would pay for this wall. Now he thinks that the people of Puerto Rico, who are struggling to get back on their feet, should get stuck with the bill instead. It’s insulting. It’s disrespectful. This ugliness has gone far enough. Puerto Rico has suffered enough. We will not allow anyone to sabotage your recovery — not even the president of the United States.

https://www.wgbh.org/news/politics/2019/01/22/this-ugliness-has-gone-on-for-long-enough-warren-slams-trumps-handling-of-hurricanes-in-puerto-rico

PARTY OF OLD WHITE MEN: 

Surging Biden ‘in the driver’s seat,’ 14-point 2020 lead over Sanders.

Former Vice President Joe Biden’s recent hints about entering the 2020 Democratic presidential primaries have helped to rocket him into the lead, further breaking away from Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., and former first lady Michelle Obama in a big way, according to a new poll.

The latest Zogby Analytics Poll shows the former Delaware senator doing 50 percent better than Sanders, the 2016 Democratic runner-up to Hillary Clinton, who lost to President Trump.

“Biden’s in the driver’s seat! Biden is the favorite, even with Michelle Obama in the race; Sanders in second place,” said the poll analysis provided to Secrets.

Among Democrats, Biden has 31 percent to 17 percent lead in the 2020 horse race poll. Among all Democratic primary voters, including independents, his lead is 27 percent to 18 percent for Sanders.

When Obama was added into the poll of all Democratic primary voters, Biden maintained his lead at 25 percent to 17 percent for Obama. With her in the survey, Sanders sunk to 12 percent.

No other Democrat registered double digits, even those who’ve announced such as California Sen. Kamala Harris, Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren, or New York Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand.

Of the 410 likely Democratic voters surveyed, only one chose Clinton ally and former Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe.

Ouch.

1 hour ago, Uncle Joe said:

It should be required reading:

constitution.jpg

i recently heard an interesting conspiracy about reading the Constitution: Teaching cursive has been gradually phased out over time so that common people could not read the original document and the wording could be manipulated in print versions

• Like (+1) 2

On 1/23/2019 at 11:10 AM, B-Man said:

PARTY OF OLD WHITE MEN: 

Surging Biden ‘in the driver’s seat,’ 14-point 2020 lead over Sanders.

Former Vice President Joe Biden’s recent hints about entering the 2020 Democratic presidential primaries have helped to rocket him into the lead, further breaking away from Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., and former first lady Michelle Obama in a big way, according to a new poll.

The latest Zogby Analytics Poll shows the former Delaware senator doing 50 percent better than Sanders, the 2016 Democratic runner-up to Hillary Clinton, who lost to President Trump.

“Biden’s in the driver’s seat! Biden is the favorite, even with Michelle Obama in the race; Sanders in second place,” said the poll analysis provided to Secrets.

Among Democrats, Biden has 31 percent to 17 percent lead in the 2020 horse race poll. Among all Democratic primary voters, including independents, his lead is 27 percent to 18 percent for Sanders.

When Obama was added into the poll of all Democratic primary voters, Biden maintained his lead at 25 percent to 17 percent for Obama. With her in the survey, Sanders sunk to 12 percent.

No other Democrat registered double digits, even those who’ve announced such as California Sen. Kamala Harris, Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren, or New York Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand.

Of the 410 likely Democratic voters surveyed, only one chose Clinton ally and former Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe.

Ouch.

This isn't groundbreaking.  If Biden had run in 16 he would be president right now.  The Dems thought they could force Hillary on people without regard for just how many Dems didn't like her.  Biden is pretty well liked by all Dems and would have crushed Trump imo.  I feel that Bernie would have beat him as well but we will never know...  Now that Trump is office though I will say Biden is probably the best bet to unseat him but no longer a guarantee.  Americans love to re-elect.

23 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

i recently heard an interesting conspiracy about reading the Constitution: Teaching cursive has been gradually phased out over time so that common people could not read the original document and the wording could be manipulated in print versions

Scanning causes all kinds of errors from the text.

7 minutes ago, section122 said:

This isn't groundbreaking.  If Biden had run in 16 he would be president right now.  The Dems thought they could force Hillary on people without regard for just how many Dems didn't like her.  Biden is pretty well liked by all Dems and would have crushed Trump imo.  I feel that Bernie would have beat him as well but we will never know...  Now that Trump is office though I will say Biden is probably the best bet to unseat him but no longer a guarantee.  Americans love to re-elect.

I agree Biden is seen as the most likely to beat Trump by the beltway. 

Reality is, Biden's window closed in '16 and his ability to connect with the "working man/blue collar" voter is more legend than reality. He's got too many skeletons and too many real bad optics that Trump will just bludgeon him with. On top of the most vocal/monied part of the left is now the progressive wing of the party, and Biden is an old white man meaning they won't come out in the numbers needed for Biden to have any chance. 2020 Trump v Biden is a walk for Trump. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I agree Biden is seen as the most likely to beat Trump by the beltway. 

Reality is, Biden's window closed in '16 and his ability to connect with the "working man/blue collar" voter is more legend than reality. He's got too many skeletons and too many real bad optics that Trump will just bludgeon him with. On top of the most vocal/monied part of the left is now the progressive wing of the party, and Biden is an old white man meaning they won't come out in the numbers needed for Biden to have any chance. 2020 Trump v Biden is a walk for Trump. 

Yeah I agree his best shot was riding the Obama wave but I won't count him out yet.  I think he is a lock for the Dem nomination though.  His running partner will be interesting and hopefully it isn't a pandering pick like Palin was.  It will be interesting though.  Trump takes these politicians out of their element and trolls them which gets an emotional response.  Joe has the "Biden Bro" persona which should motivate the young people.  However he also has the "creepy uncle Joe" persona to battle too.

I've said it before but I'm prepared for Trump again in 2020. First because as I said America loves to re-elect but secondly, once that curtain closes, you can vote for whomever you'd like.  People might not admit in public to liking Trump but I think many more actually do than say they do.  2016 was an incredible year where both parties put up terrible candidates but 1 party underestimated how terrible their candidate was.

• Like (+1) 3