Ajayi out for season, Bell and Shady possible trade targets

On 10/9/2018 at 7:40 AM, the skycap said:

Unless Shady is saying he wants to go back to Philly you simply don't trade your BEST player on offense, maybe on the team!!

"I should have never gotten traded [from Philadelphia] anyway," McCoy said. "I was killing stuff, you know?

On 10/9/2018 at 10:45 PM, Ol Dirty B said:

I'm not for trading McCoy unless he wants out.

Sorry, but I could not disagree more. I don't care one iota what McCoy wants. This was the Marv Levy GM method of appeasement and ass kissing. Exactly the above, (along with other stupid beyond description moves) left this team in shambles.

If you are against trading him, great! But I wouldn't let him call the shots. Not ever.

Of course, jmo.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bill from NYC said:

Sorry, but I could not disagree more. I don't care one iota what McCoy wants. This was the Marv Levy GM method of appeasement and ass kissing. Exactly the above, along with other stupid beyond description moves) left this team in shambles.

If you are against trading him, great! But I wouldn't let him call the shots. Not ever.

Of course, jmo.

Nailed it. If the value is right you trade him. It doesn’t make a difference if he wants to stay in Buffalo or go elsewhere. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/10/2018 at 5:52 AM, fansince88 said:

If they put it in his lap and said "we got an offer. You say yes or know and we will do it. We want you here but also want you to wear a ring. This is your chance. If he says yes send him. If he says no, dont. Simple as that.

Will he also have say over all personnel moves or will he only be calling the shots for himself? 

Edited by Starr Almighty
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 10/9/2018 at 4:01 PM, GunnerBill said:

Eagles are not going to the playoffs this year. Half their players don't even look like they are trying. Got their money, got their ring, got their endorsements and playing at half speed. 

We'll see.  Don't be gravedancing just yet.  You could say the same for the Patriots for the past 5 years, 5 games in.  Who's winning their division genius?

Edited by YodaMan79

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He was a healthy scratch in between two weeks when he was on report with a rib injury.

I think it's a fair guess that he was hampered in some way in between.

That's a fair assumption. He got some quickness and he's a little shifty. I'd draw up screens and wheel routes for him but definitely keep him off the field anytime a play is called that requires the back to block. He really struggles with that but I can't say I blame him. He's like, 5'10" 180 lbs trying to slow down 6'3" 240 linebackers. 

21 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

That's a fair assumption. He got some quickness and he's a little shifty. I'd draw up screens and wheel routes for him but definitely keep him off the field anytime a play is called that requires the back to block. He really struggles with that but I can't say I blame him. He's like, 5'10" 180 lbs trying to slow down 6'3" 240 linebackers. 

Claims he's 5'9" 195.  It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog

36 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Claims he's 5'9" 195.  It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog

Until the dog plants his foot in a raised portion of artificial turf that has a large amount of rubber pellets that causes his tib/fib to shoot sideways and disrupt his MCL for a five week Rehab. Doggie needs PT. 

Bills unlikely to trade LeSean McCoy to Eagles

Dpd2gmzV4AAh07B.jpg

Even in the wake of an impressive win over the Giants on a national stage, the Eagles still have questions. Notably, are they going to be able to run the ball?

Starter Jay Ajayi is out for the season, both Wendell Smallwood and Corey Clement averaged fewer than 4-yards per rush on Thursday, and general manager Howie Roseman has worked the phones in an attempt to find a running back.

While one of those calls went to the Buffalo Bills, and the teams did discuss a possible trade for LeSean McCoy, there is a long way to go before a trade even becomes possible.

One key source believes McCoy stays in Buffalo not just for this year, but also for the 2019 season. There was no talk of compensation during the conversation between the Bills and the Eagles this week, and the call was described as more feeling out than anything.

But the belief is a trade for McCoy would be expensive, perhaps as much as the Seahawks were asking for Pro Bowler Earl Thomas before his injury. And the Eagles don't seem ready to pay a second-round pick and more for McCoy, even though they have two of them in the 2019 draft.

They just don't want to trade him. They'll listen, all teams listen, but the Bills want to keep him. It will play out over the next few weeks how badly the Eagles want to push for him or potentially go in a different direction.