Rodak: Bills Should Explore Trades for McCoy and Benjamin

.. and get what. We thought they'd have a spark and they didn't. So a team has to be dumber than us (going into the season).. AND think they don't suck now during the season. Absolutely no trade value. FWIW I think Shady has some big games.. but he's no trade bait at all.

2 minutes ago, Pasaluki said:

Only Mike Rodak would be stupid enough to suggest trading them at their lowest possible trade value!

He didn't say immediately: "At 1-3, the Bills should begin to consider the possibility of trading either McCoy or Benjamin, or both, in advance of the NFL's Oct. 30 trade deadline."

I think McCoy to the Steelers would be a good move with Ivory & the other backs i think the offense wouldn't be any worse than what they have been to this point they actually looked to be a bit better when Shady was sitting out last week ...

Get something for him if you can KB on the other hand hasn't proven what he is worth if anything !!

Rodak is spot on with this one.  Even if all they can get is a 7th for McCoy and they need to include that 7th in a trade to convince someone to take Benjamin, it's worth it for the cap space next year.  McCoy is not in the Bills' long term plans and at this point I doubt Benjamin is either.  

9 hours ago, The Red King said:

People already writing Allen off obviously never saw Aikman or Eli's first seasons.

Back on topic, Rodak is an idiot.  This is a guy that last year said the Bills' season was over before it started, then we broke the drought.  That being said, as much as it pains me to admit, I agree with him.  Benji is a waste, and we're not making a championship run, so why not give Shady a chance elsewhere, assuming the price is right.  Buffalo's offensive line is an outright tire fire that is not helping Allen or Shady, and it's not getting fixed this year.

Or John Elway. The NFL consensus was that Elway was all arm and no brain. 

I don't have a problem trading Benjamin, the guy is not good with worse effort. Regarding Shady, help your rookie QB having Ivory and Shady on the field at the same time, help the kid out, if it only means using Shady as decoy at times. Use big formations more often, with rollouts, waggles and short throws to Clay or another TE.

Elevate Cam Phillips, see if Reilly is available. Put Zay Jones as the #1 WR and see if he can hold. Sign Naaman Roosevelt, I don't know, someone with hunger, someone that will care for his job.

Edited by Fixxxer

18 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

KB leads the team in targets.  He's 4th in receptions 

I put this in the Week 5 prep thread 

K Benjamin 21 targets  7 catches 33.3% catch rate

Zay Jones 17 targets 10 catches 58.8% catch rate

Charles Clay 14 targets 8 catches 57.1% catch rate

Shady   13 targets 8 catches 58.8% catch rate

Andre Holmes 12 targets 6 catches50.0% catch rate

Jason Croom 9 targets 6 catches 66.7% catch rate

I think if you break it down and take out the abysmal Ravens game, the catch/target ratio looks more in line with other WR around the league.

Except Benjamin, though to be fair that may have been because he was the closest WR on Allen's throw-aways.

Well, and Foster.

• Like (+1) 1

Shady + Hughes for Le'veon

We do right by Shady sending him home to Pittsburgh.  Conner has played OK, but the Steelers could really use another back.  Their D needs all the help they can get, Hughes has struggled in the 3-4 in the past but it adds a talented player to the mix for them.

We get a younger (26 vs 30) and better player, this move frees up the cap that we can pay Le'Veon above the tag number to buy some goodwill and get him to resign this winter.  We have more than enough cap room next winter to overhaul the line and WR corps, having Le'Veon on board can potentially help with a "recruiter" as we work on FAs.