LeSean McCoy says he’s playing vs GB even though cutting is still an issue

YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

I actually think Ivory's style helped us more Vs the Vikings. He's more of a straight ahead runner, which I think suits the limited abilities of this offensive line.

Ivory is a strong backup, but McCoy is an elite talent. Ivory would break down if he had to be the lead back for more than a few games.

McCoy has been the focus of the offense for the last three years - the QB was really just a point guard or a complementary piece. What's interesting is that Daboll is now getting the chance to build "The Josh Allen offense" and figure out how the running game fits into it. Your point is valid in the sense that we can't have JA facing a ton of 2nd and 14s because McCoy got blown up in the backfield. But I'll still take a future HoFer over Ivory any day of the week.

2 minutes ago, zow2 said:

It's been the only knock on Shady since his Philly days... he needs to run more north/south.   Instead of the mundane 2-3 yard run up the gut,  he too often will take a minus -1.

It's all about his mind set, I think. If he thinks he needs to carry the offense, then he looks for the big play too much. But, he also make plays that Ivory and Murphy simply can't.

Against the Packers, they need to get McCoy out to the edges. Give him a FB or TE to run behind, too.

24 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

I actually think Ivory's style helped us more Vs the Vikings. He's more of a straight ahead runner, which I think suits the limited abilities of this offensive line.

It does, and that's exactly the sort of bruising, take-a-beating style that will aggravate Shady's ribs most.  Our line is just not opening much in the way of holes.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It does, and that's exactly the sort of bruising, take-a-beating style that will aggravate Shady's ribs most.  Our line is just not opening much in the way of holes.

I think ivory has played well. He runs hungry. Nice complement to Shady, who I think should be used in more of the role of Alvin Kamara in NOLA.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Believer said:

Think both he and Ivory prepare to start... Then start Ivory... use Shady sparingly... Let him recharge his battery... These are the coaching decisions that make a difference in a season...

This - I would really like to start Ivory then use Shady in the second back role..

We will see

• Like (+1) 2