Cuomo blames weather, not taxes, for people leaving NYS

9 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Well the weather (and a woman) is why I left. But then again I was 20 and didn’t pay much attention to taxes back then. Now we probably have some of the best weather in the world but people are leaving here. I wonder why?  ? ?

A massive outbreak of women problems? :unsure:

23 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Well the weather (and a woman) is why I left. But then again I was 20 and didn’t pay much attention to taxes back then. Now we probably have some of the best weather in the world but people are leaving here. I wonder why?  ? ?

You moved to California because of a woman?  Did you actually read the restraining order?  It probably only stipulated 100 yards, not a continent.

13 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

You moved to California because of a woman?  Did you actually read the restraining order?  It probably only stipulated 100 yards, not a continent.

Well I actually moved to FL because of “that woman” but your point still stands. 

When I hear residents of other states bemoaning their sucky weather, I remind them they don't have to shovel it, e.g., hurricanes - at least it ain't snow; wildfires - at least it ain't snow; tornadoes - [insert at least it ain't snow here], etc.  Did I mention  that snow occurs occasionally from November through April, from several inches to several feet per instance.   Municipalities are usually fully prepared to handle the disruption, there are actually winter sports enjoyed by many, and rarely is it necessary to reconstruct entire towns, or even individual homes, after winter fades away.

Maybe Andrew Cuomo was making a veiled reference to the quantities of political hot air that taint our fair landscape?

4 minutes ago, Keukasmallies said:

When I hear residents of other states bemoaning their sucky weather, I remind them they don't have to shovel it, e.g., hurricanes - at least it ain't snow; wildfires - at least it ain't snow; tornadoes - [insert at least it ain't snow here], etc.  Did I mention  that snow occurs occasionally from November through April, from several inches to several feet per instance.   Municipalities are usually fully prepared to handle the disruption, there are actually winter sports enjoyed by many, and rarely is it necessary to reconstruct entire towns, or even individual homes, after winter fades away.

Maybe Andrew Cuomo was making a veiled reference to the quantities of political hot air that taint our fair landscape?

Oh I say that all the time. When people tell me "how can you live there with those earthquakes, wildfires and mudslides?"  I've lived in CA for 35 years and have never had so much as a dish break from an earthquake, one plant in my yard scorched by a wildfire and the only mud in my  house is off my shoes when I worked in my yard.  I tell them you get snow every year!  

8 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Oh I say that all the time. When people tell me "how can you live there with those earthquakes, wildfires and mudslides?"  I've lived in CA for 35 years and have never had so much as a dish break from an earthquake, one plant in my yard scorched by a wildfire and the only mud in my  house is off my shoes when I worked in my yard.  I tell them you get snow every year!  

I got the same flak when I lived in CA. After moving back to NY on my first day on the job a bad tornado came through within a couple hundred yards of where I was staying. I felt more earthquakes in NW PA than I felt in CA, although the one in CA was a little stronger. Oh, and take your shoes off before tracking mud into the house, you pig.

59 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

41 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I got the same flak when I lived in CA. After moving back to NY on my first day on the job a bad tornado came through within a couple hundred yards of where I was staying. I felt more earthquakes in NW PA than I felt in CA, although the one in CA was a little stronger. Oh, and take your shoes off before tracking mud into the house, you pig.

Earthquakes, wildfires, and mudslides all sound really dangerous but the thing in California that I really have to wonder how you deal with, is all the gawdamn Hippies

latest?cb=20111118232413&f=1

22 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

The natural disaster that keeps me away from California is the Californians.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

The natural disaster that keeps me away from California is the Californians.

Funny you should say this.  I found that when I lived in the Bay Area the most obnoxious, insufferable, smug bastards were people that had recently moved there from other parts of the country.  

Just now, Chef Jim said:

Funny you should say this.  I found that when I lived in the Bay Area the most obnoxious, insufferable, smug bastards were people that had recently moved there from other parts of the country.  

Jim, it was a joke built around the insanity of California's politics, culture, and tax rates.

Step away from the ledge.