Cuomo blames weather, not taxes, for people leaving NYS

37 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

How ignorant! 

Of course he is right. 

The "Sun Belt" was nothing before the air conditioner was invented 

In other words...he should blame air conditioning, not the weather.

Jesus wept, you are a !@#$ing idiot.  :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

I can't say weather isn't a large reason - specifically snow - people move out of the north (NYS).

Anecdotal- I'm in Las Vegas right now with hubby working on closing up my MIL's estate. I think the weather here is horrendous,  ? but so far all the realtors and estate liquidators we have spoken to looooooove the hot, inversion-filled air. And of course, no one is from Vegas ( one of the realtors we spoke to is from Long Island, but her husband is from Buffalo. All his children still live in Buffalo because they love it. Her kids are scattered.) I once asked one of my MIL's friends when they had good weather in Vegas (she was from Chicago)? Her response? Two weeks in mid-October.

Now, everyone here is like "no state income tax" YAY! But all the the taxes and fees add up. Including HOA fees - seems everyone has an HOA due to lack of services provided by the municipality. We had encountered the same in Florida (which was NOT cheaper school and real estate taxes) when we owned our condo. And no one ever seems to look at the HOA cost the same way they do a tax. 

Would I like NYS taxes to be lower? You betchya! Especially school taxes ( a major hit for most people not living in a city). But taxes are not the reason I'd leave- the winters would be (we are fortunately comfortable enough to be able to snowbird).

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Go look at New York state tax rates over the years to fact-check. You can find it online for specific years.

I go back to 2000 and the tax rate has more than doubled, so he's lying since he said "ever." However it looks like he lowered tax rates for anyone not making more than $321K a year, which I think is the average NYC salary of a Starbucks barista.

5 hours ago, Gary M said:

That's embarrassing.  :doh:

Do you think he truly believes that nonsense?  :flirt:

Yep, that's the thing that makes you almost want to pity the left, they actually believe

all this delusional crap they spew, it's clearly a mental illness.

44 minutes ago, Albwan said:

Yep, that's the thing that makes you almost want to pity the left, they actually believe

all this delusional crap they spew, it's clearly a mental illness.

He also said people visit warmer states to go to the beach in warm weather! He actually believes this stuff! 

4 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

We just got hit with our bill,I'm forking out $3,148 to the Depew school district and those numbers include the Star program discount.Once my wife retires,we are bailing out on this union controlled state which is ranked #50 for retirement living.....I'm done giving...finished!

Good luck!

(I can only wish we paid only $3148 in school taxes.)

14 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

He also said people visit warmer states to go to the beach in warm weather! He actually believes this stuff! 

Yes sir...and because of his corporate ties..Amazon was going to build HQ2 in East Amherst.Amazon didn't take long to blow up that peyote trip.

4 hours ago, DC Tom said:

In other words...he should blame air conditioning, not the weather.

Jesus wept, you are a !@#$ing idiot.  :lol:

I believe air conditioning is a huge cause of warming the atmosphere. People around the world create millions of artificial micro environments that contain billions of cubic feet of warm air.  Then they use huge amounts of energy to chill that air and by which they effectively pump those calories out into the greater atmosphere. 

4 minutes ago, Nanker said:

I believe air conditioning is a huge cause of warming the atmosphere. People around the world create millions of artificial micro environments that contain billions of cubic feet of warm air.  Then they use huge amounts of energy to chill that air and by which they effectively pump those calories out into the greater atmosphere. 

Oversimplified...but you're not actually wrong, either.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Misterbluesky said:

We just got hit with our bill,I'm forking out $3,148 to the Depew school district and those numbers include the Star program discount.Once my wife retires,we are bailing out on this union controlled state which is ranked #50 for retirement living.....I'm done giving...finished!

That does suck, no doubt