Andrew Luck is done

stuvian

5 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

The wrath of the Kim Jung QB crowd be upon you.  

I have never said Luck was a bad QB.  Ever.  I have certainly never said anything against him personally in any way.  I have been called a hater constantly. He is worshipped as a hero and if anyone points out flaws, which he does have, they are skewered.  That is creepy.  But I'm the one on a weird crusade.

When has their been evidence as this?

10 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Strained logic aside, yes, he was better than all of them as a prospect coming out and his first three years, when he led an under-talented team to wild card, divisional, and conference championship playoff runs, respectively, bears that out. 

Like I said, it’s a subjective undertaking. You have your opinion, I have mine and I’ll just leave it that. 

By definition if you believe Luck has lived up to the hype, you believe he is better than all of those guys.  At least you've owned up to that.  

Personally I think a lot of them are/have been better than Luck.  But he did grind out some division wins in the AFC South so I can see how that eclipses Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Kelly, Marino et al in your eyes.  Agree to disagree I suppose.  Subjectivity.

8 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

When has their been evidence as this?

Seriously?  There are threads full of it on this site, and by nature we aren't exactly Colts fans.  Listen to/watch broadcast sports.  You'll hear his flaws pointed out about as often as you hear about the imperfections of Mother Theresa.

7 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

By definition if you believe Luck has lived up to the hype, you believe he is better than all of those guys.  At least you've owned up to that.  

Personally I think a lot of them are/have been better than Luck.  But he did grind out some division wins in the AFC South so I can see how that eclipses Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Kelly, Marino et al in your eyes.  Agree to disagree I suppose.  Subjectivity.

Seriously?  There are threads full of it on this site, and by nature we aren't exactly Colts fans.  Listen to/watch broadcast sports.  You'll hear his flaws pointed out about as often as you hear about the imperfections of Mother Theresa.

LOL...the thread is title "Andrew Luck is done" and people are responding that he's not done.  That's what you call worship?

12 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

As a PROSPECT coming out, yes, he’s lived up to the hype as the best PROSPECT since Elway, imo. I won’t repeat why since you aren’t interested in considering that. 

That is not the same as saying he’s accomplished more as a pro than all of those on your list. Like your Gretzky comparison, I find it lacking. 

52 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

If he is the greatest prospect since Elway and you believe he has lived up to the hype then by definition you think he is better than:

Brady, Rodgers Manning, Favre, Kelly, Marino, Roethlisberger, Bledsoe, Moon, McNair, Rivers, Romo, Wentz, Aikman, Ryan, Newton, Brees, Stafford, Warner, Wilson and probably 10 more that I forgot.

I think he has been better than some of the guys listed above.  Do you believe he has been better than all of them?

He is 29, he could possibly play for another ten years, who knows where they go, say the colts start winning superbowls in those ten years then yes you might have to have that conversation.

27 minutes ago, K-9 said:

As a PROSPECT coming out, yes, he’s lived up to the hype as the best PROSPECT since Elway, imo. I won’t repeat why since you aren’t interested in considering that. 

That is not the same as saying he’s accomplished more as a pro than all of those on your list. Like your Gretzky comparison, I find it lacking. 

Kool aid is yummy.

38 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

LOL...the thread is title "Andrew Luck is done" and people are responding that he's not done.  That's what you call worship?

You have a point and I certainly do not believe he is done.  I also didn't create this thread.  There are other Luck threads here and worship abounds.

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Kool aid is yummy.

What kool-aid is that, exactly? Is that a reference to the imaginary Luck worship cult you conjured to support your point of view? It was fun when you made absurd comparisons to hockey players to support your point. Unfortunately,  you just can’t agree to disagree and let it go at that. Suffice to say there are several independent evaluation factors to support the idea that Luck, when healthy, has lived up to his billing. 

4 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Suffice to say there are several independent evaluation factors to support the idea that Luck, when healthy, has lived up to his billing. 

His billing was as the top prospect of all time.  He is not the greatest player of all time.  You say he has lived up to his billing.  I'm the crazy one.   Okay.

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Not a cult at all.  Forget Brees at 9-1.  It's all about Kim Jung QB.  5-5 > 9-1.

• Haha (+1) 2

Frank Reich has done a masterful job in handling Luck and calling plays that protect him. A large portion of his passes are quick release passes that keeps the pressure away from him.. This regime smartly dedicated the offseason to upgrading the line and providing better protection for him. The old rule of thumb that you shouldn't draft guards with a high pick certainly didn't apply in this situation when the franchise qb was constantly under siege. Nelson is going to be an all pro and if remains healthy when his career is over will be considered a HOF candidate. He's going to be the Steve Hutchinson of this era. 

5 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

His billing was as the top prospect of all time.  He is not the greatest player of all time.  You say he has lived up to his billing.  I'm the crazy one.   Okay.

His billing was as the top QB prospect since Elway. See how that’s not the same as the top prospect of all time?

Those QBs on your list; can you provide breakdowns of their first three years and what they were able to accomplish in that timeframe? 

He was hurt halfway into his fourth season and missed a year and a half in rehab and is still not 100%. Is that not a consideration? 

I don’t know if you’re crazy or not, but you seem to lack an understanding into why scouts made those evaluations of him as a prospect coming out. EVERY criteria listed as a predictor of his potential for success, from decision making, to accuracy, to arm strength and everything in between has been shown to be warranted. That’s why he’s lived up to the hype. 

Now, if you need to conflate the careers of HOFers, SB winners, future HOFers, playing in different systems, under different coaches, and with far superior supporting casts, feel free to continue to do so. Perhaps another hockey player or bull riding rodeo star instead? By all means. Wiser people would wait until all the data on Luck’s career is in. 

Luck was hampered not only by serious injury the past couple of years, but also by one of the worst GMs to occupy the position in probably the last 20 years or so. I think OP and some of the other Luck haters in this thread forget that. Grigson was a trainwreck.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

His billing was as the top QB prospect since Elway. See how that’s not the same as the top prospect of all time?

Those QBs on your list; can you provide breakdowns of their first three years and what they were able to accomplish in that timeframe? 

He was hurt halfway into his fourth season and missed a year and a half in rehab and is still not 100%. Is that not a consideration? 

I don’t know if you’re crazy or not, but you seem to lack an understanding into why scouts made those evaluations of him as a prospect coming out. EVERY criteria listed as a predictor of his potential for success, from decision making, to accuracy, to arm strength and everything in between has been shown to be warranted. That’s why he’s lived up to the hype. 

Now, if you need to conflate the careers of HOFers, SB winners, future HOFers, playing in different systems, under different coaches, and with far superior supporting casts, feel free to continue to do so. Perhaps another hockey player or bull riding rodeo star instead? By all means. Wiser people would wait until all the data on Luck’s career is in. 

Luck is in his 7th year.  Let's make sure we judge him on his first three years against the Texans, Titans and Jags who were all atrocious.  Let's claim nobody had a better first three years even though Brady won a Super Bowl as a rookie and Warner was ok his first year too.  Make sure not to look at 2016 when Luck blew two easy 4th down plays which cost the Colts a playoff spot.  

He is simply the best QB since Elway.  Nobody has been better.  I am convinced he has lived up to everything expected of him and more.

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

Luck is in his 7th year.  Let's make sure we judge him on his first three years against the Texans, Titans and Jags who were all atrocious.  Let's claim nobody had a better first three years even though Brady won a Super Bowl as a rookie and Warner was ok his first year too.  Make sure not to look at 2016 when Luck blew two easy 4th down plays which cost the Colts a playoff spot.  

He is simply the best QB since Elway.  Nobody has been better.  I am convinced he has lived up to everything expected of him and more.

You need a ladder, yet you keep using the shovel instead.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

You have the weirdest crusade ever. 

This is the the truest thing ever said in this board. It is a really strange discussion. Because Luck is not better than Gretzky but he is better than some great QBs, Former is right and happy to rub your face in it. 

Umm. OK. 

This is an instant classic thread though. They should get this into prime time on ESPN next week. 

Edited by BeginnersMind