Andrew Luck is done

stuvian

3 minutes ago, stuvian said:

bringing in Jacoby Brissett to throw the Hail Mary at the end of the game proves it

I think it only proves that Brissett has a stronger arm.  It's no different than bringing in a backup QB for a gadget play because he's better on his feet than the starter.

• Like (+1) 8

31 minutes ago, stuvian said:

bringing in Jacoby Brissett to throw the Hail Mary at the end of the game proves it

It's likely an overstatement to say he's "done". However I did see it said that (and I haven't watched any Indy games this season) play calling wise they havent really attempted many deep throws. I do think there is legitimately concern over his arm strength internally.  I don't care how much stornger Brissett's arm is, you don't take your franchise QB and top playmaker off the field there if there isn't a concern with Luck.

I do think that over time he will get stronger again but even if he doesn't he is still pretty good.

I see the reticence to over-use Luck's arm or asking him to heave a ball as far as he can throw it, nothing more than caution. He's taken a long time to come back and the fate of the Indy franchise rests with him for the next 3 years. I think they simply want to make sure they're not putting him a position to be re-injured again and easing him over the course of the season into full "playing shape" for a QB, which obviously has everything to do with their arm.

• Like (+1) 3

45 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Hmm. Manning survived without an arm for 3 or 4 years. Luck looked really good the week before at Washington, but it is clear his arm is not what it was.

Right.

Since he's still building up the strength I'm sure they decided to not have him go full on "heave ho" with a 100% bomb.

Figured it's better to not risk him overthrowing his limitations until it's fully back.

31 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

It's likely an overstatement to say he's "done". However I did see it said that (and I haven't watched any Indy games this season) play calling wise they havent really attempted many deep throws. I do think there is legitimately concern over his arm strength internally.  I don't care how much stornger Brissett's arm is, you don't take your franchise QB and top playmaker off the field there if there isn't a concern with Luck.

I do think that over time he will get stronger again but even if he doesn't he is still pretty good.

Agreed, overstatement by the OP but....I heard yesterday that Luck has only one completion this year where the ball has traveled over 20 yards.  I think the Colts should be very concerned about his arm & your going to see more teams sitting on his coverage until he could prove that he could beat the defense deep.  

Edited by Gordio

7 minutes ago, Gordio said:

Agreed, overstatement by the OP but....I heard yesterday that Luck has only one completion this year where the ball has traveled over 20 yards.  I think the Colts should be very concerned about his arm & your going to see more teams sitting on his coverage until he could prove that he could beat the defense deep.  

I believe the stat was he's completed something like 114 passes that have traveled more than 31 yards in his 1st 5 years and he hasn't attempted anything close to that distance yet.  Also Reich said in the post game that Brissett game them the best chance at getting the ball in the endzone.  Meaning they know he is still hurt/struggling with his arm strength but I'm guessing that this is part of his "rehab" if you will.