Andrew Luck is done

stuvian

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I just don’t understand why it bothers you so much when people think Luck is great.  You will fight tooth and nail with this.

Not sure what you’re doing with the Gretszky comparison.  Do you compare any player in any sport and compare him with the greatest?  

Luck was touted as the greatest prospect ever.  So was Gretzky.  I think it is more than fair to say that Gretzky became the greatest ever.  Luck has not.

He has certainly not been a bust a la Brien Taylor or Rex Hudler but he has not lived up to ecxpectations.  He is the captain of a .500 team and has made more than his share of mistakes over his career. He has also made great plays.  People continue to insist he has lived up to the best ever hype.  It is weird.

5 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Luck was touted as the greatest prospect ever.  So was Gretzky.  I think it is more than fair to say that Gretzky became the greatest ever.  Luck has not.

He has certainly not been a bust a la Brien Taylor or Rex Hudler but he has not lived up to ecxpectations.  He is the captain of a .500 team and has made more than his share of mistakes over his career. He has also made great plays.  People continue to insist he has lived up to the best ever hype.  It is weird.

I do not remember a "best ever" tag.  I remember it as a "can't  miss/sure thing" label.  That's a totally different idea.

22 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

he wasn't Peyton 2.0

so he was useless...  :(

10 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

No he wasn't.  He's considered the best since Elway from what I remember.

What's weird is you'll battle multiple posters in this thread if they think Luck is great.  

So if we're using Gretzsky as the measuring tool for everything, I guess Michael Jordan was a disappointment in his first 7 seasons.  Around a .420 or so winning percentage and 3 straight first round loss's in the playoffs before finally winning one....

But it's personal with you and Luck for whatever reason.

1 hour ago, dma0034 said:

I like the Gretzky comparison. Tell me on the Colts who is Messier, Coffey, and Kurri for comparison.

Ok I guess Luck has lived up to all expectations.  

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

No he wasn't.  He's considered the best since Elway from what I remember.

What's weird is you'll battle multiple posters in this thread if they think Luck is great.  

So if we're using Gretzsky as the measuring tool for everything, I guess Michael Jordan was a disappointment in his first 7 seasons.  Around a .420 or so winning percentage and 3 straight first round loss's in the playoffs before finally winning one....

But it's personal with you and Luck for whatever reason.

You're right.  Luck is just like Michael Jordan with his results.  

I didn't compare Luck to Jordan because Jordan was not as hyped as Luck.

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

He was touted as the greatest prospect in NFL history.  Somewhere just south of a football Gretzky.  In his 7th season he has won zero MVPs,  zero championships, zero AFC titles.  How did Wayne do in his first 7?  

He is a good QB but he has not lived up to expectations and people act as if he has exceeded them.  It is a weird cult like herd mentality.

Luck was touted as the best QB prospect since Elway,  not the best prospect in history. 

Regarding the Gretzky comparison, would Luck and the Colts look better if he had five additional  HOF players on the squad like Gretzky did? As well as a HOF coach? 

1 hour ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

I do not remember a "best ever" tag.  I remember it as a "can't  miss/sure thing" label.  That's a totally different idea.

There is a website called Google.  Go to it and type in "greatest NFL prospects of all time".  Lots of stuff pops up of course.  The first article is from USA Today and it has a list of all 4 major sports intermixed.  The only players ranked ahead of Luck are LeBron, Harper, Crosby and Duncan.  So far he tracks more with Harper than the others huh?

The next most hyped football guy on the list is Peyton Manning.  Obviously Luck ranked higher as the Colts ditched Manning for him.

Just now, K-9 said:

Luck was touted as the best QB prospect since Elway,  not the best prospect in history. 

Regarding the Gretzky comparison, would Luck and the Colts look better if he had five additional  HOF players on the squad like Gretzky did? As well as a HOF coach? 

Gretzky didn't help any of those players?

Is Luck the best QB since Elway in your humble opinion?  If not, would you agree that he hasn't lived up to the hype?

Week 11 overreactions: Is Andrew Luck really this good ... again?

r465761_1296x518_5-2.jpg&w=660&h=264&sca

Andrew Luck is a legitimate MVP candidate

Luck threw three touchdown passes in Sunday's victory over a Tennessee Titans team that smothered Tom Brady a week earlier. It is the seventh game in a row in which he has thrown at least three touchdown passes. The last time he had a single-game QBR under 92 (on a scale of 0-to-100, remember) was Oct. 14. The last time he took a sack was Oct. 4. The Colts, who were supposed to be one of the worst teams in the league, are 5-5 and in the AFC wild-card picture.

Graziano's verdict: NOT AN OVERREACTION. I'm not saying he's a leading candidate, mind you. There are plenty of those, from Patrick Mahomes to Drew Brees to Todd Gurley to Ben Roethlisberger. If the season ended today, I couldn't advocate for Luck as the winner of the MVP award. But how can he not be in the discussion at this point? Only Mahomes has thrown more touchdown passes. Only Brees, Mahomes, Jared Goff and Mitchell Trubisky ranked ahead of Luck in Total QBR as of Sunday morning, and his went up. The Colts won only four games last year without him and already have five wins this year. Sure, there are other factors (not the least of which is his career-best pass protection), but it's hard to say Luck's return hasn't been valuable to his team. If nothing else, he looks like a front-runner for Comeback Player of the Year.

The Colts could be back in Super Bowl contention next year considering they have an extra 2nd round pick and 100+ million in cap space. They have Luck, They have an O-line, Mack is a legit RB, and TY and Ebron are two high end targets. They could use some supplemental targets for Luck and a lot of help on defense. But they have the draft picks and the cap space to fill most or even all of those needs. For the first time in his career they have a good GM who has addressed the O-line and put them in a position to acquire a lot of talent both via the draft and free agency. 

I could see the Colts making big moves on defense like signing Clowney away from the Texans and possibly trading for Jalen Ramsey.

Edited by billsfan89

2 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

There is a website called Google.  Go to it and type in "greatest NFL prospects of all time".  Lots of stuff pops up of course.  The first article is from USA Today and it has a list of all 4 major sports intermixed.  The only players ranked ahead of Luck are LeBron, Harper, Crosby and Duncan.  So far he tracks more with Harper than the others huh?

The next most hyped football guy on the list is Peyton Manning.  Obviously Luck ranked higher as the Colts ditched Manning for him.

Gretzky didn't help any of those players?

Is Luck the best QB since Elway in your humble opinion?  If not, would you agree that he hasn't lived up to the hype?

Of course Gretzky helped those players. Has Luck ever had a comparable supporting cast to help? Not even close. 

I do agree Luck was the best QB prospect coming out since Elway at the time. In terms of personal accomplishment as an individual player, yes, I think he’s lived up to the hype for the most part, considering his lack of supporting cast and the playoff runs they made, regardless, in his first few years. Given the nature of the QB position, lack of team accomplishment will certainly impact his legacy. Fair or not.

It’s a subjective analysis to be sure, though, and I can understand how some are less than impressed. 

11 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Of course Gretzky helped those players. Has Luck ever had a comparable supporting cast to help? Not even close. 

I do agree Luck was the best QB prospect coming out since Elway at the time. In terms of personal accomplishment as an individual player, yes, I think he’s lived up to the hype for the most part, considering his lack of supporting cast and the playoff runs they made, regardless, in his first few years. Given the nature of the QB position, lack of team accomplishment will certainly impact his legacy. Fair or not.

It’s a subjective analysis to be sure, though, and I can understand how some are less than impressed. 

If he is the greatest prospect since Elway and you believe he has lived up to the hype then by definition you think he is better than:

Brady, Rodgers Manning, Favre, Kelly, Marino, Roethlisberger, Bledsoe, Moon, McNair, Rivers, Romo, Wentz, Aikman, Ryan, Newton, Brees, Stafford, Warner, Wilson and probably 10 more that I forgot.

I think he has been better than some of the guys listed above.  Do you believe he has been better than all of them?

6 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

If he is the greatest prospect since Elway and you believe he has lived up to the hype then by definition you think he is better than:

Brady, Rodgers Manning, Favre, Kelly, Marino, Roethlisberger, Bledsoe, Moon, McNair, Rivers, Romo, Wentz, Aikman, Ryan, Newton, Brees, Stafford, Warner, Wilson and probably 10 more that I forgot.

I think he has been better than some of the guys listed above.  Do you believe he has been better than all of them?

You have the weirdest crusade ever.  Luck isn't better than Brees, Rodgers or Brady. He's not better than some HoF guys.  

Congrats?

2 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Strained logic aside, yes, he was better than all of them as a prospect coming out and his first three years, when he led an under-talented team to wild card, divisional, and conference championship playoff runs, respectively, bears that out. 

Like I said, it’s a subjective undertaking. You have your opinion, I have mine and I’ll just leave it that. 

Just now, BringBackOrton said:

You have the weirdest crusade ever.  Luck isn't better than Brees, Rodgers or Brady. He's not better than some HoF guys.  

Congrats?

The wrath of the Kim Jung QB crowd be upon you.  

I have never said Luck was a bad QB.  Ever.  I have certainly never said anything against him personally in any way.  I have been called a hater constantly. He is worshipped as a hero and if anyone points out flaws, which he does have, they are skewered.  That is creepy.  But I'm the one on a weird crusade.

Just now, 4merper4mer said:

The wrath of the Kim Jung QB crowd be upon you.  

I have never said Luck was a bad QB.  Ever.  I have certainly never said anything against him personally in any way.  I have been called a hater constantly. He is worshipped as a hero and if anyone points out flaws, which he does have, they are skewered.  That is creepy.  But I'm the one on a weird crusade.

Did I just say you did?

You're right bro.  There are a lot of HoF QB's better than Luck.  I'm agreeing with you.