It’s confirmed: Zay Jones is the biggest bust in living memory

BringBackOrton

I don't really consider Jones a bust.  He was a 2nd round pick that really improved his draft stock from the Sr Bowl.  Now had he been taken in round 1 in the top 15 yep, he'd be the biggest bust since Maybin.  But since he was a 2nd rounder, Maybe still holds the crown by a longshot in my book.

Is he playing below his draft selection?  Sure.  I'm not for sure what the issues are though.  Is he not open until the defense is playing prevent?

Edited by NewEraBills

In fairness, he seemed to play better when Allen started looking at him more in 4Q. 

I'd be interested to know if he caught the tight sideline pass where the refs wrongly called a sack.

WR is tough to evaluate given productivity depends on targets... and of course targets depend on play design and does the guy get open or not... since we can't really see the route on TV, I have no idea is Zay gets open. But, he has only been targeted 17 times this season. That's really low. And, obviously our QBs have both had accuracy issues.

It'd be far easier to judge Zay if we had a decent offensive coordinator (I'm not a Daboll fan) and a solid NFL QB. Until that happens I'm going with "need more data" on Zay.

Edited by October 1918

8 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Every WR the bills have signed/drafted since McBean have been around are busts. They've had Tyrod Taylor, nate Peterman and the rookie allen throwing to them. How good could they be

Good luck recruiting next year when they have all that cap space. Who the hell would want to play here?

7 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Every WR the bills have signed/drafted since McBean have been around are busts. They've had Tyrod Taylor, nate Peterman and the rookie allen throwing to them. How good could they be

It’s totally shocking how WRs don’t produce while wearing a Bills uniform but the moment they move to a team running a real NFL offense they suddenly become productive.

Somehow these guys weren’t good enough to be on this Bills squad.

All part of the process though...  

6 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

we hear that year after year after year, yet players come to Buffalo 

Like? I'm talking good ones. And I like the signings they were worked out, but don't give me guys like hyde and poyer who weren't even offered contracts by their own teams.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

On 9/23/2018 at 8:18 PM, BringBackOrton said:

Could anyone be more invisible out there? Yeah, Benjamin is in self-preservation mode and going half speed on half of his plays, but Zay is trying his best. That’s horrific. There is 0.0 chance this guy makes it out of TC next year. 

We took him over JuJu. Damn. I’d rather have TJ Graham.

I agree, we should have R. Woods and Juju as our starting WR's. 

12 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Like? I'm talking good ones. And I like the signings they were worked out, but don't give me guys like hyde and poyer who weren't even offered contracts by their own teams.

Please.  If you can't name the guys that come to Buffalo you then you just might be trolling.  

Hyde and Poyer who weren't even offered contracts by their own teams AND they produce. 

Jerry Hughes wasn't even offered contracts by the Colts  AND he produces

they all had choices I'm sure.  They could have said no.  

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Please.  If you can't name the guys that come to Buffalo you then you just might be trolling.  

Hyde and Poyer who weren't even offered contracts by their own teams AND they produce. 

Jerry Hughes wasn't even offered contracts by the Colts  AND he produces

they all had choices I'm sure.  They could have said no.  

They traded for Hughes. 

I'm not trolling, I just know what I'm talking about. Free agents aren't seeking out buffalo unless they pay them over market value.

I wasn't hating on the hyde and poyer signings, I was pointing out that they didn't have other options.

Can't name their names... get out of here with that weak ass condescending ****.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

On 9/23/2018 at 8:18 PM, BringBackOrton said:

Could anyone be more invisible out there? Yeah, Benjamin is in self-preservation mode and going half speed on half of his plays, but Zay is trying his best. That’s horrific. There is 0.0 chance this guy makes it out of TC next year. 

We took him over JuJu. Damn. I’d rather have TJ Graham.

False.

Aaron Maybin will forever be the biggest bust in sports history.  The fact that he had a putrid rap song made about how great he was cannot be beaten.

11 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I'd normally call this hyperbole. But stats wise he has the worst WR start ever, and he was a second round draft pick.. like was Maybin the worst ever??

I'll never choose anyone over Mike Williams. 

7 minutes ago, Homey D. Clown said:

False.

Aaron Maybin will forever be the biggest bust in sports history.  The fact that he had a putrid rap song made about how great he was cannot be beaten.

Maybin was bad, but not even close to the biggest bust in sports history.