Foster Drops Another

billsfan_34

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

Ah. 'Standard'. A new turn of phrase. One that I must have not seen in your last comment...the one right before you said 'reading helps' or something to that effect.

I should have realized when you said certain NFL players are not NFL players you meant those NFL players are not NFL 'standard' players...because an NFL 'standard' player is such a simple and intuitive concept, especially for us non-NFL playing fans.

'

The read what I wrote was in response to your smart attempt to misquote me from a number of days ago.

It is a pretty simple concept. Watch the players closely. See if they are capable of making plays at this level. The ones that are put in the "NFL standard" bucket. The ones that aren't put in the "Not NFL standard" bucket. It takes a lot of time I do confess to spend so much time watching and rewatching the plays but if you do then the eye in the sky don't lie. 

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Oh that Foster! He'll just never learn to catch the ball, will he.

Well, let’s be honest here...it’s not like the kid doesn’t have a history of dropping passes.  He needs to reel in a few of those long balls from Allen or he’s just a fast guy who is bad at catching.

38 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

2nd qtr-down the sideline- right through his hands. Allen couldnt have thrown a more perfect pass. Please cut this guy, pronto. 

We really don't have too many other options and he's a young kid.  At least he's getting open.  Seems like fans here want to cut everyone who has a bad game or couple games.  Players and coaches can improve.  Leslie Frazier is a shining example of that today.  

36 minutes ago, Doc said:

LOL!  So, so far the Bills should cut Benjamin, Jones, Clay and Foster.

Benjamin is an NFL talent. As is Clay. They are both likely in their last year as Bills though. 

Foster based on what he has put on tape just isn't. Zay the jury remains firmly out. I agree with whoever said in the game thread that Ray-Ray is the only one at the moment I am willing to consider a part of the 2019 Bills. 

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

2nd qtr-down the sideline- right through his hands. Allen couldnt have thrown a more perfect pass. Please cut this guy, pronto. 

Foster is a rookie free agent with speed,  he dropped a couple of hard catches.  On the other hand, slower than dog sh!t, first round 4th-year pro, Benjamin drops two very catchable balls.

Guess who I am getting rid of?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Well, let’s be honest here...it’s not like the kid doesn’t have a history of dropping passes.  He needs to reel in a few of those long balls from Allen or he’s just a fast guy who is bad at catching.

My point, I guess, is that if he does start catching them he's a legit weapon. In the meanwhile I think it's a little premature to call him 'not NFL standard' or whatever. Whatever.

I have no dog in the Foster fight, but just realistically you can't know much about a rookie until they play a year or two. Especially a rookie wideout.

7 minutes ago, mabden said:

Foster is a rookie free agent with speed,  he dropped a couple of hard catches.  On the other hand, slower than dog sh!t, first round 4th-year pro, Benjamin drops two very catchable balls.

Guess who I am getting rid of?

If Foster can’t  catch a ball by now, chances are he never will! You cant compare him and Kelvin because they both stink. 

Edited by billsfan_34

6 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

My point, I guess, is that if he does start catching them he's a legit weapon. In the meanwhile I think it's a little premature to call him 'not NFL standard' or whatever. Whatever.

I have no dog in the Foster fight, but just realistically you can't know much about a rookie until they play a year or two. Especially a rookie wideout.

Agreed.

I'm in the minority but I'm hoping/thinking Foster's going to grow into a legitimately reliable WR.  I saw him at 3 TC practices and to me he just jumped out at each - was so fast and smooth and getting open.  And he also was catching balls too.  I think he's just a little overwhelmed in live action - and eventually it will come together for him.  I'm rooting for him

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 1