Josh Allen hurdling Anthony Barr

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, davefan66 said:

Dude put the team on his back today.  No way his teammates couldn’t respond to what he was doing.

Loved the leap, but he’s gotta temper that if he wants to make it through the season. 

Let's not go overboard. He did his job tremendously, though. He drove the offense to a TD in the first drive of the game and then capitalized on the TO the D created by puting ponts on the board (the Benjamind drop prevented 6 points)

When he overcomes a 15 points deficit where de defense can't find it's way we will say he put the team on his back.

16 minutes ago, Fixxxer said:

Let's not go overboard. He did his job tremendously, though. He drove the offense to a TD in the first drive of the game and then capitalized on the TO the D created by puting ponts on the board (the Benjamind drop prevented 6 points)

When he overcomes a 15 points deficit where de defense can't find it's way we will say he put the team on his back.

Overboard?  .  Took an 0-2 team into Minny as 17pt. dogs and killed it.  He played his butt off yesterday.  Leapt for the pylon and scored the TD, knew exactly where to place the ball.  Scored again on the goal line.  Put the ball on the money for several drops, including a possible TD.  Ran several times, one he gutted out a 1st down run.  Got teammates revved up on the sideline.  Always had his head in the game, be it offense or when the defense was on the field.

May have had QB's who were "leaders" off the field in the weight room, but have not had a leader like he has shown to be on the field since Kelly.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

I came here to post this. I love Tre's quote about how that attitude is contagious. A franchise QB changes everything.

When you have a guy willing to go balls out 100% of the time, it is very contagious!

It's one of the things that Derek Jeter (and Pete Rose back in the day) was known for.

Bottom 9th, down by 6, two outs, meaningless game in early season, Jeter would run out an infield ground ball like it was his last breath on Earth.

That's what I see in Allen.

Play hard, all the time, never back down.

That's how teams win.

I see this in all the greats.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, davefan66 said:

Overboard?  .  Took an 0-2 team into Minny as 17pt. dogs and killed it.  He played his butt off yesterday.  Leapt for the pylon and scored the TD, knew exactly where to place the ball.  Scored again on the goal line.  Put the ball on the money for several drops, including a possible TD.  Ran several times, one he gutted out a 1st down run.  Got teammates revved up on the sideline.  Always had his head in the game, be it offense or when the defense was on the field.

May have had QB's who were "leaders" off the field in the weight room, but have not had a leader like he has shown to be on the field since Kelly.

Yes, a little. Allen had an amazing game, he was trully the highest point on offense, no doubt,  in essence, he put the offense on his back and did his job. Then the defense did thier job as well as Allen did his on offense. Hughes and Allen were the salient playmakers of the day.

3 minutes ago, Fixxxer said:

Yes, a little. Allen had an amazing game, he was trully the highest point on offense, no doubt,  in essence, he put the offense on his back and did his job. Then the defense did thier job as well as Allen did his on offense. Hughes and Allen were the salient playmakers of the day.

You are both right.  

In the end, everyone (well almost everyone) did what they needed to do.

• Like (+1) 1

I love the heart. I love the effort. I love the athleticism. I love the determination. I love our QB.

And I don’t want to see him get killed doing stuff like that! I know that was a big first down, but PLEASE be smart going forward! I can’t do the whole Peterman Experience again. 

Based on all the “don’t do it again” type posts I’m probably in the minority, but I actually think this was one of the safest plays he could’ve made in this specific situation. By the time he chose to leap it looked too late to slide without getting clocked in the face by Barr, and I’d rather see him avoid contact by going over him than try to lower the shoulder.

• Like (+1) 1