Is anyone THAT upset being 0-2?

Steptide

3 minutes ago, nucci said:

My point was that not many good players make it to FA

Hopefully we can flash enough $$ in front of the impact ones that do hit the market, to right the ship--there's always enough given other teams' salary cap issues to where we should be able to take advantage, as one of the teams playing a starting QB on a rookie team friendly cap deal. I get it's not a cure-all, and hitting on the draft picks is key, but good grief, there have to be some moves to make where the money will fix a lot. 

One of the major issues for the team is that they never hit total rock bottom during the playoff drought. The team was always just below average....all efforts put into the team brought them occasionally to average or a couple of times slightly above average.

We knew that Beane & Mcdermott were tearing down the roster...then add to the fact that Wood had to retire and Incognito went clinically insane at the same time they traded Glenn and the O-Line completely fell apart. I'm not sure there was much they could have done in this case...

I will admit that I'm confused as to why McCoy is still on the roster....perhaps they can't unload his cap space properly so they're just keeping him. This is the one roster move I don't get. Other than that, I would say everything else signals complete rebuild. It's not their fault that the team has sucked for 20 years. Every regime deserves their chance to try it their way.

The last point I want to make is that the first 4 games or so of the season NEVER tell the story. We have all seen teams that look AMAZING at the beginning of the season only to totally tank and teams that look MISERABLE at the beginning of the season absolutely triumph. For the record, given how much we tore down the roster and the fact that we're starting a rookie quarterback, I don't expect a turn-around. Rather I expected from the beginning that we would totally suck this year. LOL

I'm still optimistic that Josh Allen will become the real deal. They have to work with him and build the rest of the team, which I hope they will manage. Only time will tell!!!

15 minutes ago, CheshireCT said:

We knew that Beane & Mcdermott were tearing down the roster...then add to the fact that Wood had to retire and Incognito went clinically insane at the same time they traded Glenn and the O-Line completely fell apart.

Wood retired in January.  Glenn was traded in March.  Incognito quit in August.

So really they only get an excuse for Incognito IMHO.  there was a free agency period and draft after Wood retired.  Same with Glenn. They chose the schmucks to replace them they did.  this is one of the lamest of all the lame excuses IMHO.

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, mimisnowball said:

Oakland and Broncos look like bad football teams. Texans/Deshaun are underachieving and the Titans are a 5 or 6 win team that should have lost to the Texans if the Texans weren't poorly coached with bad penalties, poor play by Watson, and poor play by the special teams

The fact that Oakland has Carr, Lynch and Cooper make them 10 steps ahead of us.  They've played one super bowl contender and lost.  And barely lost on the road to a divisional rival.  They'll be fine.  Denver is 2-0.  Chances are that they may have already passed our total win total we will have this season.  Denver is slightly above average, which is also light years ahead of us.  Houston has a lot of talent all over the field.  They too are light years ahead of us, and are at least trying to win.  

The Titans are the most overrated team in the league.  And they might be one of our only legit chances at a win this season, other than maybe the Jets and/or Dolphins at home.

The Bills are void of talent at every position on offense.  And we have a couple of players on defense.  We are going to get lit up the next two weeks, and that will make 4 blowouts in a row.  That's when a player like Shady McCoy will start to become a problem.  I hope they trade him.  He doesn't deserve to play for a team that isn't trying to field a NFL team this season.

We suck.  It's OK to admit it.  It's part of their process and how they think we become good.  I happen to think it's a gutless approach, but they clearly are tanking, and tried to do the same last year as well.  Last year bit them in the arse, and now we are stuck with Fatass Benjamin as a result.

#Tank - 2nd Attempt

Edited by Lv-Bills
  • Like (+1) 1

Not really. I fully expect 0-4, though I'm also glad we played better in the 2nd half of that Bolts game. Maybe McDermott needs to start calling the plays on defense from now on. They actually played very well in the 2nd half against a good offense. Gotta hand it to Lorenzo too. I thought his age would really show this year and it just might, but right now, he's playing very well. Horrible Harry is looking good so far as well.

3 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Are you at all disspointed that our rookie QB has no weapons to throw to and a crappy oline?  We did have a draft and free agency period to get help.

Not really, because they didn't address the offense in the offseason aside from Allen.  I think they planned on Allen sitting this year, and setting the defense for the future.  The defense has given up like 78 points in two weeks.  Not good enough after all that investment.

11 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

So really they only get an excuse for Incognito IMHO.  there was a free agency period and draft after Wood retired.  Same with Glenn. They chose the schmucks to replace them they did.  this is one of the lamest of all the lame excuses IMHO.

It's true that they could have addressed this if they really wanted to. I think the reality is that there weren't many great options there that made sense for the long term. I would say this is priority #1 for next season.

14 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Incognito staged his twitter meltdown and retired in early April, weeks before the draft.  There was a draft and also remaining unsigned FA afterwards.

2 hours ago, CheshireCT said:

It's true that they could have addressed this if they really wanted to. I think the reality is that there weren't many great options there that made sense for the long term. I would say this is priority #1 for next season.

Long term, No.  Ducasse is 30.  Newhouse is 29.  Are they options that make sense for the long term? 

Elsewhere, have the Bills signing decisions all been driven by what makes sense for the long term?  

Davis, 30, in a position where speed matters, serious injury?

Boldin last year at age 36? Kerley this year age 29?  Andre Holmes age 30?  Chris Ivory age 30?

If the story is, the Bills are looking at what makes sense for the long term, where do these guys fit in?

If the story is, the Bills need to fill some seats with vets who can play short term, why can't that apply to OL FA too?

12 hours ago, McNubbins said:

Not really, because they didn't address the offense in the offseason aside from Allen.  I think they planned on Allen sitting this year, and setting the defense for the future.  The defense has given up like 78 points in two weeks.  Not good enough after all that investment.

If the plan to ensure that they sat Allen this year was alternatives of Peterman or AJ McCarron, that was a Bad Plan.

I was expecting to start 0-4 before the season began.  All good.  Watch josh develop and hopefully edmunds too.  See what in the oline is serviceable by end of year.  I just hope we can look competent by week 5 and hopefully beat the titans - that's a more valid test as they suck as well plus we will have had some time to work out the jitters and such - like starters retiring at halftime.  Heh.

Compared to the way i felt after the first game with Nate at the helm it's 100 times better & i realize that with all the rookies on the field we are not going to be a play off contender & the fact that there are some more tweaks that need to be made coaching wise so i would be glad if we do a 7-9 season .

But i think given the cap space they will have next year & another good draft the team is on the upswing & McD's process will show a increase each season as it goes along so i am willing to stay patient & see how this works out .

Plus a lot has been said how the first 4 games of this years season was against some of the top defenses in the league last year so i was kind of expecting a rough start !! After that the "Experts" say it will get easier for us ...

14 hours ago, jlgarsh said:

I thought before the season that they'd take a step back, and go 4-12.  I didn't expect them to get embarrassed week 1 and look unprepared in week 2 until after halftime.  

sums it up well

• Like (+1) 1

I thought before the season even started that they would most likely be scrapping for 3-4 wins, however I did think the defense would be their strong point and not getting embarrassed the way that they have in the first 2 weeks. They have just looked unprepared up until the second half of the Chargers game. 

Hopefully McDermott will continue to call the plays on defense, because that is the only time I have seen them play competitively, which is really all I want to see outside of Allen's development.   

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Incognito staged his twitter meltdown and retired in early April, weeks before the draft.  There was a draft and also remaining unsigned FA afterwards.

You're right.  for some reason I thought it was August that he retired.  In fact it was April. No excuses for things. being this bad.