Bills Sign CB Ryan Lewis to the Practice Squad; OT De'Ondre Wesley Released

26CornerBlitz

13 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Moving guys around on the practice squad doesn't need to cause such angst

I get it. You’re a big Bills fan. As are the rest of this on the board. But at the same time this is a forum, so we’re going to analyze stuff, it’s the nature of the medium. 

But are you Terry Pegula? Do you have ANY criticism of the state of the Bills this year? It’s really odd how defensive you are over absolutely everything. There is absolutely every reason to at least be somewhat sceptical of this team, yet you just tell everybody that they aren’t “real fans” or they just hate the team. It’s odd to say the least. 

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

I get it. You’re a big Bills fan. As are the rest of this on the board. But at the same time this is a forum, so we’re going to analyze stuff, it’s the nature of the medium. 

But are you Terry Pegula? Do you have ANY criticism of the state of the Bills this year? It’s really odd how defensive you are over absolutely everything. There is absolutely every reason to at least be somewhat sceptical of this team, yet you just tell everybody that they aren’t “real fans” or they just hate the team. It’s odd to say the least. 

Go look at what I said immediately after the game Sunday.  I said specifically you can criticize anything you want after that debacle.  I also have asked repeatedly why they haven't brought linemen in the last couple weeks.

I criticize when I see things to be. Ritual about.  Others here are incessantly negative no matter what.  You want to tell me why?

12 minutes ago, Mango said:

He isn't pointing out that you aren't a real fan with his scolding.  He is pointing out that he is a far superior fan than all of you overly analytic malcontents who should just be damn happy Buffalo has a football team. There are over a billion people in China who have to get along with a football team for goodness sakes.  Now get off my dam lawn. 

It's no biggie. The Bills felt better about their tackles than they did with the interior of the line. We all know that. They wanted Boettger on the PS but KC took a flier. He wasn't good enough for their active roster so we swiped him back. He is in a better position to contribute than Wesley. Meanwhile we had to let Lewis go to fill the void and we got him back.  

My real question is why haven't Joeckel, Evans or Boone been brought in for a tryout. They have to be better than our bottom feeders. I'd like to see us try to bring in Maclin, Dez or Britt too. Lots of good vets unemployed still.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Go look at what I said immediately after the game Sunday.  I said specifically you can criticize anything you want after that debacle.  I also have asked repeatedly why they haven't brought linemen in the last couple weeks.

I criticize when I see things to be. Ritual about.  Others here are incessantly negative no matter what.  You want to tell me why?

Yeah. It’s like being the CEO of Nike (or any large manufacturer) and saying “child labor is bad, and I hate it. But you’re still the CEO of Nike, notorious for taking advantage of hold labor.

Here you are, 10 days after starting a thread entitled, “If you hate the Bills, why are you here” (paraphrasing). Then saying, I had a criticism once. 

@PlayoffsPlease is right. You’re very much “get off my lawn” and you being “a better fan” than everybody else. It’s tiresome, and really unproductive to any conversations because it doesn’t add anything what so ever. 

Man, I get it. Forums can be negative, but you have a choice as to what you bring to the community here/ 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mango said:

Yeah. It’s like being the CEO of Nike (or any large manufacturer) and saying “child labor is bad, and I hate it. But you’re still the CEO of Nike, notorious for taking advantage of hold labor.

Here you are, 10 days after starting a thread entitled, “If you hate the Bills, why are you here” (paraphrasing). Then saying, I had a criticism once. 

@PlayoffsPlease is right. You’re very much “get off my lawn” and you being “a better fan” than everybody else. It’s tiresome, and really unproductive to any conversations because it doesn’t add anything what so ever. 

Man, I get it. Forums can be negative, but you have a choice as to what you bring to the community here/ 

Let's discuss this.  First, my thread you refer to did not say I am a better fan than anyone else.  It asked a question.  And the question was simple:  if the only thing that one can post about a team is negative, then why are you here?  No one really answered that.  If that's all one wants to do fine; I just am interested in the motivation for doing so.  If you would like to respond I'm all ears.

To say I've only criticized once is simply wrong if you look at my history.  What I will say is that when I comment, I tend to look at it from the point of view of the team management and try to see why they make decisions fom that point of view.  I also wait to see how their decisions play out before I get critical.  I have a background in science and medicine; show me the data before I tell you about the disease.

Now, let's take this specific thread.  One guy got moved onto the practice squad and one got moved off.  One is a CB and one is an OT. Does anyone here honestly think that: 1. It makes a difference to their performance on Sunday;  2.  That they can't bring the OT back on tomorrow; or 3.  That teams don't do this all the time? Of course not.  Yet you have people being all pissy about it.  That to me can only be explained as looking for an excuse to be critical.  Similar to those who say the HC and GM are terrible, they'll be out, etc.  I respond thusly:  they have a plan, they are following their plan, and their livelihood will rest on whether they are right or wrong.  And thus far the evidence of their plan being effective is this:  they were a playoff team last season.  Some say they backed in, they were the worst playoff team ever, etc.  I say this: they put themselves in position to be in when Cinci won.  

So if you want to be critical of every decision feel free.  We all have opinions of course, and we will all differ.  But if you're going to be negative just to be negative, or twist things into a knot to try and "prove" something, then odds are pretty good I'll respond.  You're a fan, I'm a fan, no better, no worse.  But I'm the type who will not go crazy over every single decision as if it's an indictment against the organization.  Feel free to do so if it's makes you happy for whatever reason.

28 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

It's no biggie. The Bills felt better about their tackles than they did with the interior of the line. We all know that. They wanted Boettger on the PS but KC took a flier. He wasn't good enough for their active roster so we swiped him back. He is in a better position to contribute than Wesley. Meanwhile we had to let Lewis go to fill the void and we got him back.  

My real question is why haven't Joeckel, Evans or Boone been brought in for a tryout. They have to be better than our bottom feeders. I'd like to see us try to bring in Maclin, Dez or Britt too. Lots of good vets unemployed still.

I wonder about that too.  Assuming they think they could offer something (and they have way more film than we do) it might be about cap space.