Sean Mcvay is a savant

aristocrat

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

McD reminds me of Marv...mediocre, at best, coach...helluva cheerleader.

And without a GM to get him HOF and Pro Bowl talent...so far. 

One thing Marv did was manage the enormous personalities in the locker room.  I'm not sure McCoach is close to that either. 

1 minute ago, BillsVet said:

One thing Marv did was manage the enormous personalities in the locker room.  I'm not sure McCoach is close to that either. 

McDermott is basically the GM.  He’s Beane’s boss and it’s why I hated the hiring process.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

He also had Ted Marchibroda as his OC to maximize the offensive talent, and Walt Corey as his DC to underutilize the wealth of defensive talent... shove that effin “read and react” BS right back where it came from, Walt. 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Johnnycage46 said:

Just like that crap coach in New England.  Lousy coach...if only he was all about that O.

Well, that coach was hired 20 years ago.  That’s like saying Josh Allen will be good in the nfl because he had a completion % like Farve had in college.  

But im sure having the greatest qb of all time didn’t help B.B. so if the Bills had one of the greatest qbs ever, I’d be fine with a defensive coach.

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

McDermott is basically the GM.  He’s Beane’s boss and it’s why I hated the hiring process.

Beane is either the GM, playing the role John Schneider plays in Seattle, or McCoach's errand boy.  And it's not the last two options. 

It doesn't have to be GM telling HC what to do.  I get the impression the two are on the same page, which is what you need in a GM-HC relationship.  They don't always agree, but it's most certainly not HC giving the GM orders. 

• Like (+1) 2