Sean Mcvay is a savant

aristocrat

Just now, BillsVet said:

Beane is either the GM, playing the role John Schneider plays in Seattle, or McCoach's errand boy.  And it's not the last two options. 

It doesn't have to be GM telling HC what to do.  I get the impression the two are on the same page, which is what you need in a GM-HC relationship.  They don't always agree, but it's most certainly not HC giving the GM orders. 

McDermott basically got Beane hired.  Do you see any scenario in which Beane is going to win a disagreement with SM? 

1 minute ago, reddogblitz said:

The thing I think is funny about McVay is he looks like a boy band singer.

Got a hot girlfriend too.  Looks ?? ? 

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Well, that coach was hired 20 years ago.  That’s like saying Josh Allen will be good in the nfl because he had a completion % like Farve had in college.  

But im sure having the greatest qb of all time didn’t help B.B. so if the Bills had one of the greatest qbs ever, I’d be fine with a defensive coach.

That still doesn't support the argument the D-minded head coaches won't succeed.  What has McVay done exactly? The Rams are LOADED with talent...which is to your point about BB having the goat at QB.  My point is that where the coach cut his teeth is not the be all end all.

McDermott is fine.  He’s a dime a dozen head coach.  The problem is he’s running the team and it’s clearly showing why a defensive coach shouldn’t make offensive personnel moves.

You sound like someone who is losing their mind under the stress, each post gets more ludicrous. I wouldn't want to be in a foxhole with you. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Johnnycage46 said:

That still doesn't support the argument the D-minded head coaches won't succeed.  What has McVay done exactly? The Rams are LOADED with talent...which is to your point about BB having the goat at QB.  My point is that where the coach cut his teeth is not the be all end all.

The Rams were 4-12, Gurley was a disaster, and Goff has worse stats than EJ when McVay took over.  They became the highest scoring team in the league with him.  He’s a very, very good coach.

2 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

You sound like someone who is losing their mind under the stress, each post gets more ludicrous. I wouldn't want to be in a foxhole with you. 

Because if you were in a foxhole with me, I’d kill you first because my foxhole doesn’t allow weakness.  ?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Beane is either the GM, playing the role John Schneider plays in Seattle, or McCoach's errand boy.  And it's not the last two options. 

It doesn't have to be GM telling HC what to do.  I get the impression the two are on the same page, which is what you need in a GM-HC relationship.  They don't always agree, but it's most certainly not HC giving the GM orders. 

"The blank pages before any printed content have become a convention of book design because traditional book printing is done on large sheets of paper, about 30 x 40 inches. Each sheet holds 12, 16, or 24 actual pages, which means the book has to contain a multiple of 12, 16, or 24 pages. Usually the book design does not work out to perfectly fill the number of pages needed, so extra blanks are placed just after the front cover and just before the back cover."

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

The Rams were 4-12, Gurley was a disaster, and Goff has worse stats than EJ when McVay took over.  They became the highest scoring team in the league with him.  He’s a very, very good coach.

Because if you were in a foxhole with me, I’d kill you first because my foxhole doesn’t allow weakness.  ?

Yes...for one !@#$ing year he was a very, very good coach.  

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Dude, you are the guy who keeps screaming, "WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!," then gagged and tied up by those who have kept their wits. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, billsfan11 said:

Lol yep. And leave it to the Bills to hire 3 straight defensive coaches

It is much harder to find a good DC than a good offensive coach.  Your QB is the most important member of your team.  You want a guy who has a track record of developing him.  

If the Bills had Andy Reid or McVay, I feel a million times better about the Allen pick.  But sorry, I don’t trust Brian Daboll to develop Allen into his full potential.  The only time Daboll has been considered a good coach is when he worked with Tom Brady.

• Like (+1) 1

It is much harder to find a good DC than a good offensive coach.  Your QB is the most important member of your team.  You want a guy who has a track record of developing him.  

If the Bills had Andy Reid or McVay, I feel a million times better about the Allen pick.  But sorry, I don’t trust Brian Daboll to develop Allen into his full potential.  The only time Daboll has been considered a good coach is when he worked with Tom Brady.

100 percent agreed

2 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

Dude, you are the guy who keeps screaming, "WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!," then gagged and tied up by those who have kept their wits. 

Sorry dude.  You were already killed as an example for the rest of the troops not to be weak.  Good news is your body is providing us food and fire.  Thank you for your service.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

What was the record of the Rams before McVay showed up?  When he shows up were they just magically "loaded with talent"?

3 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Is it though?  Is it automatic that offensive-minded head coaches are more successful? Talent has nothing to do with it?

It is not automatic.  But picking the one glaring example to the contrary doesn't really support your argument.  

Also, how have the last 3 NE OC's done as HC's?  Maybe BB is n't just a "defensive minded HC"...

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You forgot about Jalen Hurts.

2 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

in The last SB it was 1 offensive HC andv1 defensive HC.

the year before that it was a battle between 2 defensive HCs.

Let me rephrase that.  If you have the greatest qb ever or a very good established qb, a defensive coach is fine.  If you are trying to find a qb or develop one, you should go with an offensive coach.  This league is all about offense now.

1 minute ago, reddogblitz said:

You forgot about Jalen Hurts.

I’m not sure what you are saying here Red. Hurts regressed under Daboll.