Jon Gruden says He'll "Look at the Reasons Why" the Raiders Had No Pass Rush ?

26CornerBlitz

On 9/25/2018 at 9:17 AM, dollars 2 donuts said:

I know I am living in the past.

I know I am just writing this to read it over and over again to torture my inner "Bill".

...but I honestly thought they Bills traded up with Cleveland to 4 to draft Khalil Mack.

Ditto 

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/11/2018 at 7:33 PM, Augie said:

We purged a HOF player in his prime? 

^the reason why he has no pass rush. Don't need to "look into the reasons why" or watch film to see that. 

imo Gruden was never truly a great coach, and was more so in the right place right time with Tampa. He just never coached the Bucs team out of winning, but otherwise inherited a fairly talented team defense and scheme from Dungy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/19/2018 at 11:45 PM, Augie said:

Gruden will “look at the reasons” why they had no pass rush, but not until after he’s looked at the mirror to see his favorite thing. 

...LMAO Augie......and THAT look says, "$10 mil/yr for ten years and I am the ONE that screwed up?"........and the "'Lil Acorn Davis" doesn't fall too far from the old man's tree........

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Davis will bounce the paycheck on him

I’ll give Gruden a small break as it’s possible the Raiders just can’t reasonably afford a “Mack-like” contract. Or, maybe he’s just the idiot I always thought he was. He was better on TVG than as a coach. 

28 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’ll give Gruden a small break as it’s possible the Raiders just can’t reasonably afford a “Mack-like” contract. Or, maybe he’s just the idiot I always thought he was. He was better on TVG than as a coach. 

he was out of the game for at least a decade

that has to be too long for even the best to jump back in

to try to be fair to him.... it's hard to be that....

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/11/2018 at 10:52 PM, Augie said:

Peters was not nearly the player Mack was at the time. He was VERY good, but he was NOT Mack good. (And has never reached THIS level.) I’d have kept him, but that’s a decade ago, so what’s the point of even arguing?

Mack will cost about 11% of cap over the contract. Not bad for a top 3 defensive player in the league. A sure HOF player if he keeps it up. But you have a point, spend on the QB, the LT to defend him, and the DE to wreck him. Then go from there. I say build both lines and work out. 

Peters' 2011 season is generally regarded as one of the best seasons by an o-lineman in this past decade. So I disagree with you there.

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

Peters' 2011 season is generally regarded as one of the best seasons by an o-lineman in this past decade. So I disagree with you there.

When he was there and healthy, he could indeed be great. I do hold his inability to stay healthy against him, to some degree. Plus, I’m a little cranky when it comes to how he left, but.....

On 9/12/2018 at 5:10 AM, Troll Toll said:

Not sure why there is so much Gruden hate. He got his players up for the game (unlike McD) and they hung in there against a SB favorite until late. 2 1sts for Mack from a bad team like the Bears (plus not having that monster contract) is an absolute steal. 

That Raiders squad played with more passion than I’ve seen from the Bills in 20 years.

that must have been a tape from 2001 you were watching

55 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Gruden is on the bong bongs.
loopy.
dude might be smoked at this point

My Son Was a serious indeed Raider fans for over a decade. no more.
he lives in LA and was gettin stressed well before the Mack Thing

If Gruden had become the Bills HC, I’m afraid I might have had to take a sabbatical.

I’ve been there through thick and thin, but that would have put me over the edge. He’s Rex on steroids.