The negativity from the fanbase is not a knee jerk reaction to week 1

3 hours ago, PeterDude said:

How can you seriously suggest this?  What fan of a sports team takes a break?  That is really **** advice IMO.

If you're not a Kool-Aid drinker take a break from the team?  wat?

If something is frustrating...even something you love...sometimes dialing back the investment is necessary.  I never said all negativity is bad...but if people are losing their minds maybe they should take a break.  

Edited by Johnnycage46

6 minutes ago, Billsflyer12 said:

You actually think they have been adept at drafting?  

Potential franchise QB and leader of their D.  Starting LT.  Shut down corner (whatever that means).  Starting DT next year.  Slot CB this year.  Good return guy in Ray Ray.  Potential starting G in Teller.

Yeah,  not bad.

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

Potential franchise QB and leader of their D.  Starting LT.  Shut down corner (whatever that means).  Starting DT next year.  Slot CB this year.  Good return guy in Ray Ray.  Potential starting G in Teller.

Yeah,  not bad.

Sounds good the way you put it, but how do you honestly think they are compared to the 31 other teams? Everyone gets the same amount of picks every year and a lot of teams can rattle off a list similar to yours. Especially if you're using the descriptor "starting" for half of them, because every team has 22 starters every year. This is the rose-colored glasses view I was talking about. 

Just now, Chemical said:

Sounds good the way you put it, but how do you honestly think they are compared to the 31 other teams? Everyone gets the same amount of picks every year and a lot of teams can rattle off a list similar to yours. Especially if you're using the descriptor "starting" for half of them, because every team has 22 starters every year. This is the rose-colored glasses view I was talking about. 

Last year it was they have to get a QB; everything else was immaterial.  They get him and now it's they should have gotten position players.  Make up your mind.

Yes, Johnson is a starter at the slot.  Phillips is essentially a starter at DT. White is their starting CB.  And so on.  You have the mistaken idea that all draft picks have to be stars to be good picks.  If Allen and Edmunds reach their potential and they get solid contributors from the others I mentioned their drafting is an unqualified sucess

7 hours ago, Chemical said:

Those of us who are negative all the time are right.

Were you right about the number of wins last year and being in playoffs? Negative Nostredame.

Only thing I agree with his that you have a brain but not sure it is working.

Change your name to something more appropriate like 'Chemical Waste"

Just now, Limeaid said:

Were you right about the number of wins last year and being in playoffs? Negative Nostredame.

Only thing I agree with his that you have a brain but not sure it is working.

Change your name to something more appropriate like 'Chemical Waste"

No, I was wrong. I thought they would win less games, but I knew they wouldn't be a super bowl contender which is all I care about.

See how to respond without insults?

17 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Yeah,  not bad.

They took 6 picks Rd 1-3 on a bad team that needed all of them and ended up with Allen, Edmunds and Harrison.  

They knew they were down Eric Wood and didn’t address OL.  They traded Dareus for Teller, a 5th rd OL project.  That doesn’t seem like a good trade, but I’m sure he is more of a McBeene “kind of guy” then Dareus.

Ray Ray is an all ready hurt 7th rd thrown in as a bone to Bills as the gave up farm to get the 3 best QB in the Mountain West.

Really?  Ok.

Edited by Billsflyer12
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Billsflyer12 said:

They took 6 picks Rd 1-3 on a bad team that needed all of them and ended up with Allen, Edmunds and Harrison.  

They knew they were down Eric Wood and didn’t address OL.  They traded Dareus for Teller, a 5th rd OL project.  That doesn’t seem like a good trade, but I’m sure he is more of a McBeene “kind of guy” then Dareus.

Ray Ray is an all ready hurt 7th rd thrown in as a bone to Bills as the gave up farm to get the 3 best QB in the Mountain West.

Really?  Ok.

Trading Dareus for a conditional 6th is truly unforgiveable. Especially considering how the run defense faired immediately following the trade.

2 minutes ago, Billsflyer12 said:

Really?  Ok.

I will flat out guarantee you were one of the ones howling about how they have to draft a potential franchise QB.   They do that and you still complain.  I will flat out also guarantee that if they had traded back to get more picks you'd have howled about not getting Allen.  I'd be willing to bet you did that with White, and went nuts they didn't take Mahomes, didn't you?

The last two drafts they have a QB, they have the QB on D, a top flight CB, and a starting LT. And other guys that will fill roles.  You want All Pros at every spot guaranteed.  Completely unrealistic.

5 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I will flat out guarantee you were one of the ones howling about how they have to draft a potential franchise QB.   They do that and you still complain.  I will flat out also guarantee that if they had traded back to get more picks you'd have howled about not getting Allen.  I'd be willing to bet you did that with White, and went nuts they didn't take Mahomes, didn't you?

The last two drafts they have a QB, they have the QB on D, a top flight CB, and a starting LT. And other guys that will fill roles.  You want All Pros at every spot guaranteed.  Completely unrealistic.

They did have to draft one, they took the wrong one and gave up a bunch of capital they couldn’t afford or need to to get Allen. They could have had Watson, Mahomes or Rosen for no or much less draft capital.

I hated the trade up for Allen, don’t think he will be a franchise QB in NFL.  Hope I’m wrong.  Bad teams can’t afford to give up draft picks, especially for Non QB.

Who else in the league makes a Dareus for Teller trade?  People who value having “their kind of guys” over sustained winning.

Just my opinion.  Not screaming mad.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chemical said:

I was suggesting we kept him. but I wouldn't expect you to understand that.

And why would we keep a out of shape, no effort, lack of team leadership constantly late to meetings, one hit away from another suspension player?

We are taking his cap hit this year.....understand that (or dont...I dont care your not logical anyway)

Edited by John from Riverside
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Mark80 said:

This site is becoming almost as unbearable to visit as my facebook account.  Sad.

My college hoops board actually allows the negative repping, and you can run trolls off the board. I’m all for varying opinions, but I try to avoid foolish, repetitive trolls. Say something smart, please. It takes the fun out of this site when the whining gets so repetitive and predictable. It makes me think less of Bills fans in general, and I know that should NOT be the case. I love the true Bills brethren, but have little time for the sky is falling crowd. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Billsflyer12 said:

They did have to draft one, they took the wrong one and gave up a bunch of capital they couldn’t afford or need to to get Allen. They could have had Watson, Mahomes or Rosen for no or much less draft capital.

I hated the trade up for Allen, don’t think he will be a franchise QB in NFL.  Hope I’m wrong.  Bad teams can’t afford to give up draft picks, especially for Non QB.

Who else in the league makes a Dareus for Teller trade?  People who value having “their kind of guys” over sustained winning.

Hope you're wrong on Allen too.  I am encouraged by what I've seen so far.

Now Dareus.  Recall the picture of McD with Dareus during camp last year?  Recall the late attendance at meetings, etc.?  It's not like McD didn't try to get the kid to come around.  But at some point you can't pay a guy the top salary on the team and get the least effort.  You just can't build a successful team that way.  He was a good guy with Marrone last year, but in the off season has a potential rape charge.  I won't be a bit surprised if his problems rear their head again this year.

1 minute ago, Billsflyer12 said:

Then sign Star, his replacement and Vonte to those contracts?

go back and take a look at the contract Star got...he actually does everything Marcel does for FAR less

Vonte....I cant really defend that one....its bad to give a contract to a player who does not start for you opening day and you cant put lipstick on that mule

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

go back and take a look at the contract Star got...he actually does everything Marcel does for FAR less

Vonte....I cant really defend that one....its bad to give a contract to a player who does not start for you opening day and you cant put lipstick on that mule

Did he sit Sunday because he was dinged up?

25 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Last year it was they have to get a QB; everything else was immaterial.

Yeah but, Darnold was the QB to get, or even Rosen, not Allen...  All that draft capital they obtained by getting rid of guys like Sammy Watkins, and the Jets moved ahead an took the franchise QB, ouch! 

Just now, PeterDude said:

Yeah but, Darnold was the QB to get, or even Rosen, not Allen...  All that draft capital they obtained by getting rid of guys like Sammy Watkins, and the Jets moved ahead an took the franchise QB, ouch! 

You do not have a clue how any of those guys are going to pan out.  I was a Rosen guy myself, but Allen has shown encouraging early signs.

7 hours ago, Chemical said:

All the people complaining about the negativity on this board. If just one of them had a single reason not to be negative about the coach and GM I'm willing to listen. So far all I've seen is MORE people attempting to make fun of me for complaining, which is the origin of the post.

charlton-heston-laughing-gif-1.gif

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Star was 5yr 50 mil.  Which was in the ballpark of what Dareus had left on his contract.  Dareus was traded because he wasn’t a McBeene type player.  Ok, fine. Can you build a Super Bowl team with only McBeene type players, or at some point talent at least for a few mean more then the McBeene Way?

3 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Did he sit Sunday because he was dinged up?

No.  Healthy scratch.

Edited by Billsflyer12

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

My college hoops board actually allows the negative repping, and you can run trolls off the board. I’m all for varying opinions, but I try to avoid foolish, repetitive trolls. Say something smart, please. It takes the fun out of this site when the whining gets so repetitive and predictable. It makes me think less of Bills fans in general, and I know that should NOT be the case. I love the true Bills brethren, but have little time for the sky is falling crowd. 

Then dispute anything I said. You are the one not saying anything. That was the point of this thread. The positive fans are wrong again and again but never own up to it. It also makes me think less of Bills fans when they accept mediocrity for this many years.

3 minutes ago, Billsflyer12 said:

Star was 5yr 50 mil.  Which was in the ballpark of what Dareus had left on his contract.  Dareus was traded because he wasn’t a McBeene type player.  Ok, fine. Can you build a Super. Owl team with only McBeene type players, or at some point talent at least for a few mean more then the McBeene Way?

I guarantee you that Star is not a idiot in the team meeting room and is actually on time....

They probably brought him in because they needed a run stopper...and they needed a vet that was gonna be a teacher of the Panther DL tech.....

We are in fact better against the run....dont have to miss games due to being out of shape and not durable (star is reliable) and dont have to worry about Star taking a suspension or setting a bad example

So yes....its a upgrade.

2 minutes ago, Chemical said:

Then dispute anything I said. You are the one not saying anything. That was the point of this thread. The positive fans are wrong again and again but never own up to it. It also makes me think less of Bills fans when they accept mediocrity for this many years.

You are pathetic

Edited by John from Riverside
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Billsflyer12 said:

Star was 5yr 50 mil.  Which was in the ballpark of what Dareus had left on his contract.  Dareus was traded because he wasn’t a McBeene type player.  Ok, fine. Can you build a Super Bowl team with only McBeene type players, or at some point talent at least for a few mean more then the McBeene Way?

No.  Healthy scratch.

I think McD's thing is he wants guys that really care about playing football.  Dareus was not showing that here.  I think he'd have no problem with guys that are a little different so long as they work their butt off.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

Last year, a bunch of vets played their hearts out and got lucky to make the playoffs on a team with a -57 point differential. 2 pro bowlers from that team are no longer in football, the rest aged, and they are paying 50 million to players not on the roster. And the #1 pick isn't contributing because he needs to develop. 

Beane tried to fix it with smoke and mirrors last year and this with short term cap friendly contracts to aging vets, but until the team clears age and cap hell, there's not a great foundation in Buffalo. There is literally NOTHING to build on for the 3-4 year future from last year except Dawkins and White...maybe Milano. No other player from 2017-2018 will be on the team in 2020. Think about how bad that is.

That is the turd sandwich courtesy of Whaley and Ryan. There is no quick fix, but the fixing starts over the next two years. Hopefully after 3 years of drafting and smarter cap management, the team can start to resemble something. 

If you think a pop gun quick fix of drafting a WR this year would fix the hell they are in, you're nuts. This team clears cap hell next season. Their young QB, who they do not want to ruin by putting him in too early, needs to grow. There is hardly a single position where they don't need help. Cap hell and 2 more drafts could put them in a spot where they may improve. 

I just hope management doesn't cave to a frustrated fan base and change the GM and coach who got handed literally nothing to work with. How is the plan of changing a coach and GM every third year working out over the last 20+ years?

And yes, let's attack McDermott and Beane for not hanging on to a guy who wanted more money...but couldn't lead a TD drive in the playoffs. And who completed 30% of his passes Sunday. Or blame them for getting rid of AJ McCarron...who was clearly lining up to save the season! At least they got a pick for him. God only knows what the Raiders were thinking. 

Best post since the loss. Go Bills!

Unfortunately, Andy Dalton propelling Buffalo into the playoffs last year is going to buy a lot of rope for McBeane with the fans. 

Rose colored glasses off, these guys aren't it.  They believe Nate Peterman is an NFL level QB, ffs!

Edited by Chicken Boo
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, Chemical said:

It has been over 20 years without a Bills team that could even think about the Super Bowl. At some point the people who are still positive are the delusional ones.

Simple find something else to do?  

If it is THAT painful for you then there must be something else that would bring joy to your world.....obviously rooting for this team is not one of them.....stop torturing yourself......

The "positive" fans would gladly help you pack your bags

Just now, Chicken Boo said:

Unfortunately, Andy Dalton propelling Buffalo into the playoffs last year is going to buy a lot of rope for McBeane with the fans. 

Rose colored glasses off, these guys aren't it.  These guys believe Nate Peterman is an NFL level QB, ffs!

I think they more think that he is a backup QB stop gap

And that MIGHT be correct....but when you take a team devoid of talent and make the playoffs....you deserve the right to prove you can take the rest of the way

9 minutes ago, Chemical said:

They were in the playoffs last year.  That noise you hear is the mike dropping.

16 minutes ago, Billsflyer12 said:

I wonder how you know that Rosen is better than Allen?  That’s an amazing talent. 

Nobody made a Dareus - Teller trade. They traded a talented, expensive, problem child in a salary dump for a 5th round pick.  Basically a salvage pick.  Kyle Williams was a 5th rounder and I think he has had a better career than Dareus. Maybe Teller will be a good player, maybe not?  

Most coaches get rid of players that don’t fit.  Bill Billichek comes to mind as one who does this and he has done ok by it.  

13 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

And that MIGHT be correct....but when you take a team devoid of talent and make the playoffs....you deserve the right to prove you can take the rest of the way

And they're going to get that chance.  I have very little confidence in them from what I've seen thus far.

Shady (who they inherited) aside, this offense is horrid from top to bottom. 

Edited by Chicken Boo
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

They were in the playoffs last year.  That noise you hear is the mike dropping.

Were they fun to watch at all? Did you at any point think they had even an outside chance of winning the superbowl? 

Thy were one of the worst playoff teams ever. and it cost us valuable draft position.

And it's spelled Mic as in Microphone

4 hours ago, Ayjent said:

You do realize that NFL coaching, scouts, and front offices are full of guys that are meatheads where many played the game and loved being around the game, but aren't exactly geniuses, right?  Fans that pay attention aren't at all incapable of making better calls on personnel than the guys in the NFL coaching and FO positions, they are just in no position to ever be hired because they have never been involved in the game anywhere near the pro level and the avenues for people to get into any part of an NFL organization are very limited unless you have some exposure to an organization as a player or part of a coaching staff at some level.  I've always hated that rationalization for people in the NFL know more than the fans (on average maybe, but not all fans) - they are not infinitely more knowledgeable and they have far more resources to evaluate players - but yet they still make horrible decisions that are predictably bad.  The amount of egotistical behavior from these GMs and FO people is amusing to some degree, but they certainly buy into believing they have a golden touch and know better than everyone else.

For example, people who are fans of FSU and the Bills see a guy like EJ Manuel get drafted in the first round and they know what a dumb decision that is off the bat, absolutely laughable to someone watching him play thoughout his career, but you understand how someone who didn't do their homework enough could be fooled. This happens all the time - scouting isn't nearly as thorough as people believe and draft boards aren't even close to as polished and vetted as people believe them to be - teams regularly go off the rails of the board during the draft based on hunches and hasty decisions. 

While I do agree, to a certain extent.

i suppose my thought should of been aimed more to 97% of the posters on this board know nothing of scouting or evaluation actual nfl talent. We don’t see film rooms and practices and who leads the team. 

I just hate all the fire this guy fire that guy stuff along with we should sign player x y and z and this front office knows nothing cause they don’t agree with my opinions kinda stuff 

• Like (+1) 1

Why is it the positive people do it with a sense of hope a general kindness? No hate against those with differing opinions. The HATERS bring some serious hate. I’d rather read a well developed opinion of why the long term plan is impossibly doomed. That is what they are selling, but I think it’s mostly in reaction to short term results. Sure, Sunday was a horrific mess. Over-reacting is easy, and what some people live for. I hope the rest of their lives are less miserable. Might I suggest they just go away to feel better until they can just jump back on the bandwagon? (Oh boy, that will bring the predictable responses from the usual suspects!) 

I think the long term view is the way to go, and I’m OK with that. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chemical said:

Were they fun to watch at all? Did you at any point think they had even an outside chance of winning the superbowl? 

Thy were one of the worst playoff teams ever. and it cost us valuable draft position.

And it's spelled Mic as in Microphone

What crap.  What absolute unadulterated crap.  You spout off how it's the folks that are negative that are right.  They made the playoffs last year as the most obvious evidence that you're wrong.  And your response is it didin't count because they weren't fun to watch?  

You are absolutely ridiculous with this stuff.