September 11th Anniversary --Post Your Thoughts

Tiberius

I had just finished my first morning PT at the police academy  (we reported on the 10th), getting yelled at for looking at the wrong person, etc etc....my mind was in a fog when the instructors suddenly switched back to human and turned the tv on.  We all watched in disgust and horror. Visiting ground zero a few years ago and seeing the names on the granite was a very powerful experience, as well. 

I had left New York the night afternoon prior, flying a 767 to San Francisco, qualifying a new copilot.

We had just taken off from San Francisco. We were in the vicinity of Fallon Nevada, which has a huge Naval Air Station, whihc I had spent tons of time flying out of during my days in the Navy.

I started getting really strange messages on the data link printer, ending in an extremely strong suggestion to divert.

Thought about dropping in to Fallon, but turned back to San Francisco and landed, accompanied by about 30 emergency vehicles chasing me down the runway.

Same company. Same airplane. Same transcon flight, Same other stuff which has never been published.

Called home to have the Mrs. tell the kids, who were at school, and knew I was flying transcons from NY that day, that I was OK, then an office at the company to get the names on 77, the Pentagon airplane, knowing I would know them, and found out they were friends or folks I had flown that trip with.

Arranged to buy lunch for our entire crew.

Chatted with the FBI via phone patch that afternoon.

Just an unforgettable, horrible, life altering day.

And by the way "Foxx," if you ever have any suggestions of something amiss, which you have suggested in this thread, I would be very happy to address them, at least on the subjects that I am very familiar with.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

The company I worked for in the SF Bay area also  had an office in NJ.  Several people would travel back and forth.  One gut who would take the trip often would get tickets fir the day before, day after and the day he planned to return. He would then get a refund for the unused tickets or  return them for his next trips. He originally planned to return to SFon 9/11, but had finished his work early on 9/10 and came back in the evening.  On 9/11 while we were watching the reports in the lunchroom at noon. he came on and said "Look what I  had" It was a boarding pas for Flight 93  dated 9/11.

Edited by Wacka

8 minutes ago, B-Man said:

This Sept. 11, 2001photo of the north tower of the World Trade Center shows the building 30 seconds before its collapse. The Federal Emergency Management Agency has hired engineers to study the collapse of the World Trade Center and make recommendations on how to address future disasters. (AP Photo/Richard Drew)

This photo of the north tower of the World Trade Center shows the building 30 seconds before its collapse at 10:28am

GettyImages-114115343-734x1024.jpg.............GettyImages-114115649-725x1024.jpg............GettyImages-1161190-767x1024.jpg

How long before LaDexter uses the top photo as proof that 911 was a Zoinist conspiracy; as the "get away" "rocket" for the conspirators within the building was clearly visibly at the beginning of its launch sequence?. <_<

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

How long before LaDexter uses the top photo as proof that 911 was a Zoinist conspiracy; as the "get away" "rocket" for the conspirators within the building was clearly visibly at the beginning of its launch sequence?. <_<

It does look a bit like a modified Arrow...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arrow_(Israeli_missile)#/media/File:Arrow_Missile_Model_II.JPG

And there's enough energy in that rocket motor to initiate the collapse of an unprotected skyscraper.

Not that I'm saying us in the Mossad put an Arrow 2 missile on top of the WTC, of course.  That would be crazy.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, sherpa said:

I had left New York the night afternoon prior, flying a 767 to San Francisco, qualifying a new copilot.

We had just taken off from San Francisco. We were in the vicinity of Fallon Nevada, which has a huge Naval Air Station, whihc I had spent tons of time flying out of during my days in the Navy.

I started getting really strange messages on the data link printer, ending in an extremely strong suggestion to divert.

Thought about dropping in to Fallon, but turned back to San Francisco and landed, accompanied by about 30 emergency vehicles chasing me down the runway.

Same company. Same airplane. Same transcon flight, Same other stuff which has never been published.

Called home to have the Mrs. tell the kids, who were at school, and knew I was flying transcons from NY that day, that I was OK, then an office at the company to get the names on 77, the Pentagon airplane, knowing I would know them, and found out they were friends or folks I had flown that trip with.

And by the way "Foxx," if you ever have any suggestions of something amiss, which you have suggested in this thread, I would be very happy to address them, at least on the subjects that I am very familiar with.

You've hinted at the one thing I was always curious about.  It's pretty reasonable to think they had teams on more than 4 planes that day.

Drawing of damage area id on uspo

I was in the front corner of the yellow building directly to the left of 75 Park Place.   Interestingly, the business that made maps like this for the city rented us desks for about 20 of our employees for the next few months until we could move back downtown.

2 hours ago, /dev/null said:

I'm surprised nobody has brought up the fact that all those buildings cleared up alot of real estate in NYC.  And at the time who was a major NYC real estate developer?

That's right folks, now we can start linking 9/11 to Trump!

We can already link to the lies he has told about 9-11. Saying he helped clean up afterwards, ya right, or that he lost hundreds of friends, or that he saw Muslims cheering. What a jerk 

Islam is fascism. 

I support tweaking the 1st amendment to allow for the legal banishment of Islam from our borders.

Muhammad was a liar who created a religion using whet he knew of christianity and judiasm so that he could rape, pillage, and plunder. Muslims today use Islam for the same thing. Its a religion that deserves mockery, and zero acceptance. It is a danger to western civilization.

9/11 was Haj. F*** Haj. I hate them all. Never forget. Never forgive. F*** Haj. 

Those are my thoughts. I will never forget that horrible day. 

16 hours ago, sherpa said:

i am sorry for your loss, Sherpa.

On 9/12/2018 at 9:00 AM, The_Dude said:

Muhammad was a liar who created a religion using whet he knew of christianity and judiasm so that he could rape, pillage, and plunder. Muslims today use Islam for the same thing. Its a religion that deserves mockery, and zero acceptance. It is a danger to western civilization.

Islam is not a religion.  Islam is a death cult.  Islam's Muhammad was a lying fraud.  When the world finally realizes this, Islam will die off.  

:doh: