Post your reaction if McDermott names Peterman week 2 starter

1 hour ago, JPP said:

completely agree---getting rid of AJM was pure stupidity given what Peterman has to offer......never forget history or it will come back to haunt you....

He would not have made a difference yesterday, and showed absolutely nothing in preseason that would lead me to believe otherwise.  WRs not open or dropping passes; poor protection, OL penalties .....  I am not defending Peterman, but AJ would have made no difference in that game.

It will be a 2-stage reaction.

That first moment when you read or hear "The starting QB for the Buffalo Bills in Week 2 will be" and you are thinking it surely must be Josh Allen, right?

Followed by hearing "Nathan Peterman" and your heart sinks to the bottom of your boots.

Similar to what I went through on draft day, we we selected Josh.................Allen.  

It will look something like this:

giphy.gif

Edited by Fadingpain

If you're McD, you know how much hell there will to be pay if Allen gets hurt and the world decided it was because he was inserted too early in his development.

I think they start Peterman, because he's more expendable than their new toy.  Truth is he's not actually, there's no other arm on the bench besides him and JA

Whaley once complained about his QB purgatory...this might be worse and it was so self-inflicted

Edited by x-BillzeBubba
  • Like (+1) 1

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
36 minutes ago, x-BillzeBubba said:

If you're McD, you know how much hell there will to be pay if Allen gets hurt and the world decided it was because he was inserted too early in his development.

I think they start Peterman, because he's more expendable than their new toy.  Truth is he's not actually, there's no other arm on the bench besides him and JA

Whaley once complained about his QB purgatory...this might be worse and it was so self-inflicted

Football players get hurt.  You play the guy who gives you the best chance to win unless you are tanking.

1 minute ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Football players get hurt.  You play the guy who gives you the best chance to win unless you are tanking.

Not in this situation.

McD/Beane sold Pegula on the trade of AJ on 2 pts:  Peterman was as good as AJ and could hold down the store while Josh A comes along, who is clearly not ready. 

So now you think that because the first premise is wrong, you should give up your strategy on the second premise? 

That's a big gamble and I dont think McD will / nor should take it.  If JA gets injured you then have only NP, and then the knives coming out for you

they probably feel backed in a corner where they gotta hope Peterman connects on a couple plays.  They dont give him a shot and they just showed the world they were clueless the entire offseason.  They were.  Now you know they dont know how to evaluate talent,  and bring on the next regime because this one will not win.  They dont know how. 

Edited by gridrick

2 hours ago, keepthefaith said:

Fine with it.  Other than a couple runs Josh's day yesterday was similar to Nate's.  QB change won't fix this team in the short run.

I 100% disagree. Allen got the ball out or scrambled out. He also threw the ball down the field, moved the sticks and gained yards and got some first downs. If not for several drops including a KB dropped TD in the back of the endzone Allen would be looking like a sparkling shiny new toy that should have started from the beginning.