Every Josh Allen Throw Vs. Ravens

Prickly Pete

20 hours ago, VW82 said:

Wow this turned into a KB hate thread fast.

I think JA is going to continue to struggle with dropped passes until he learns to put some touch on his throws. That dropped TD by Benjamin was an absolute rocket. He should have caught it but it wasn't the easiest throw to catch. Allen had several like that in the preseason too.

Also, is JA going to take any heat for taking away Shady's sure fire TD in the 4th? Can't believe he called his own number there on the RPO when McCoy had an open lane right into the end zone.

Kid needs time to work out the kinks. Let's allow him to come along slowly and develop at his own speed.

Unless they bring in another QB, they have to go with Allen.  If they put Peterman back in, it sends the absolute wrong message...to everybody.  Allen has a lot to learn, but not as much as Peterman.  Allen doesn't look scared.  Peterman (to borrow a phrase from the JP Losman era) plays like he has a "bee in his helmet".  I have no doubt that he is a good guy, and a great teammate, but he may be the worst QB we have seen play in a Bills uniform, this century.  I was willing to give him the benefit of a doubt after the Chargers game last year, but sitting and learning from Tyrod didn't do anything for his game...what good is sitting and learning from Peterman going to do for Allen?  McDermot/Bean really blundered this, in my opinion...they have left themselves with little other choice than to start Allen. Personally, I think he can handle it...if he can't so be it...playing in Buffalo he's going to have to learn fast.

On 9/9/2018 at 7:27 PM, BullBuchanan said:

Did I miss the part where the WRs started playing more poorly after Allen came in? The EXACT SAME THING happened in the first half, arguably worse, but that's just because the QB was bad. No one caught a thing, and Benjamin was jogging short-arming passes the whole game. The biggest difference was that the first half was against a starting unit trying to win, but by the fourth quarter it was a glorified 5th preseason game.

It's so bizarre to me that the first half blame is on the QB, but the second half is on the WRs when the WRs didn't change, and their play didn't decrease. They were awful start to finish. If that tipped pass to Logan Thomas goes for a pick that's on him, but the slant route right to Benjamin who got outworked is just another pick for a QB we hate.

I think Benjamin will probably get an earful when they review the film of Peterman's two picks. I'm not defending Peterman, but I'm not so sure KB was working too hard for him either.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/10/2018 at 7:01 PM, Buftex said:

Unless they bring in another QB, they have to go with Allen.  If they put Peterman back in, it sends the absolute wrong message...to everybody.  Allen has a lot to learn, but not as much as Peterman.  Allen doesn't look scared.  Peterman (to borrow a phrase from the JP Losman era) plays like he has a "bee in his helmet".  I have no doubt that he is a good guy, and a great teammate, but he may be the worst QB we have seen play in a Bills uniform, this century.  I was willing to give him the benefit of a doubt after the Chargers game last year, but sitting and learning from Tyrod didn't do anything for his game...what good is sitting and learning from Peterman going to do for Allen?  McDermot/Bean really blundered this, in my opinion...they have left themselves with little other choice than to start Allen. Personally, I think he can handle it...if he can't so be it...playing in Buffalo he's going to have to learn fast.

Agree on everything you said except for Allen being ready. I would have signed or traded for someone. As it is, we're starting Allen. This could get really ugly, really fast. Hope the kid proves me wrong. 

Edited by VW82
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

KB needs to stand in front of a football throwing machine turned up to max velocity and just catch balls for an hour

He should have started doing this about 10 years ago.

His hands are terrible. And his body catching is worse.

On 9/9/2018 at 7:24 PM, Kelly the Dog said:

The guy I watch games with, who knows more football than me, immediately said the best part of that 3rd and 18 play was he threw the ball 25 yards or so. Usually our QBs will throw it 16 even when they make a nice escape 

like that. Really true. He throws it 25 yards on a rope with ease. 

That was my favorite throw of the day, followed closely by the should've been TD.

I'd like to see Allen NOT roll to his left so much,, he can't square his body to pass on the run from that angle.  I guess it might be a product of the right side of the O-line being crap.  He may have no choice but to roll left too often.