Peterman and Offense Expectations: R-E-L-A-X

Jerome007

I'll take a page out of Aaron Rodgers' playbook (he did just sign a $135M extension so why not)

I just hope most fans have a tad more patience than what I read a lot in here. R-E-L-A-X  a bit guys.

Peterman is not established, only a 2nd year guy with only quarters of game time experience, and yeah yeah, he threw 5 picks in one half. But did you see the opening game? The SUPERBOWL CHAMPS with their Superbowl MVP Backup QB had gained ONE yard 5 minutes into the 2nd quarter. And Matt Ryan... wow was he bad on that very last drive or what. It was a 4th down and he basically threw it away in the end zone. He had another shot because of a penalty but still, WTH kind of brain cramp was that?

Didn't the 1st half finish 6-3?  With two offense powerhouses. Sure both D are also good too, no doubt, but still, both have a reputation for offense.

Point is: offenses don't score on every drive, and most offensive plays are NOT successful. Many teams have 3 and outs or short drives. The Bills have a new OC, Peterman is raw, Ravens D is good. The only legit gripe we can have for Peterman is if he throws many picks right away. Otherwise... RELAX and have some perspective.

Peterman is our starting QB, and you’re comparing M. Ryan and N. Foles to him? 

His two showings last year were a complete and utter embarrassment. 

Our confidence in Peterman should be and is 0.0

If this is a down year, it will be because of our poor qb play. 

It better not be a down year...

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, COTC said:

He played well in the snow bowl though.

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

It’s a little easier to accept a “RELAX” when it’s coming from an Aaron Rodgers with a good team around him. The Bills offense has to prove themselves credible before relax can apply after a poor performance. 

Of course they haven't proven themselves, at all. But just imagine this board if the Bills offense had performed like Atlanta... (Eagles didn't play that much better but as they won suddenly all is forgotten). The point, more than relax, is perspective. Again if NP throws many picks, no time to relax, put Allen in there. Otherwise, very few offense gel their very first game! Basically a new QB, new OC, etc. going against a damn good defense. We can 't judge by ONE game. Hell after the first Rex Ryan/Tyrod Taylor game against the Colts, featuring all the new toys that couldn't even play during preseason, we would have expected the Bills to be one of the premier juggernauts. It goes both ways, but yeah, I maintain, relax, unless Nate throws many picks again.

5 minutes ago, COTC said:

Besides putting Allen in, what can the Bills do that could be drastic to change things up? Am I confident with the cards in the deck right now? Heck no. But they are what they are. And the Bills players deserve some patience, with so many new pieces.

And are you all playing dense? Of course I'm not comparing NP to Ryan and Foles, nor myself to Rodgers BTW ha ha. Just that even the greats perform badly at times so a little leeway can go a long way. 3-4-5 bad games in a row, now get crazy and foam at the mouth. Nate throws 4 picks, yeah, get nervous - in THAT aspect he has no long leach. Otherwise. give'em some room dammit. I for one don't expect to be firing on all cylinders from the very beginning of the season with what is basically a rookie QB and a new OC. To say nothing of that offensive line...

I don’t think many fans have high hopes for this offense, but if they’re terrible fans will complain. That’s just how it is, even when expectations are modest. It is true that offenses are usually behind the defenses early in the season; perhaps that gives the Bills a better chance in this game of surprising the Ravens. I’m not counting on it by any means. The sloppy conditions might balance things out a bit and lead to a few turnovers. 

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

I don’t think many fans have high hopes for this offense, but if they’re terrible fans will complain. That’s just how it is, even when expectations are modest. It is true that offenses are usually behind the defenses early in the season; perhaps that gives the Bills a better chance in this game of surprising the Ravens. I’m not counting on it by any means. The sloppy conditions might balance things out a bit and lead to a few turnovers. 

Yes, indeed. For everything you wrote. Except that some "fans" have a very low threshold of what is "terrible".

Anyway, can't wait for the game! Do I think the Ravens have a better chance at the W? Sure. But I dislike that gloom'n'doom talk that the Bills have no chance. Ha! Hope they prove the doubters and main media wrong!

23 minutes ago, COTC said:

That's the spirit Debbie Downer

7 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

Yes, indeed. For everything you wrote. Except that some "fans" have a very low threshold of what is "terrible".

Anyway, can't wait for the game! Do I think the Ravens have a better chance at the W? Sure. But I dislike that gloom'n'doom talk that the Bills have no chance. Ha! Hope they prove the doubters and main media wrong!

Agreed. I think this is actually one of the winnable games on the schedule, even if it were going to be good weather. The conditions make it a bit more favorable as well. 

52 minutes ago, COTC said:

That's the only reason we may have a down year?  BTW, poor quarterback play, even for experienced quarterbacks, is often the result of having an inferior offensive line.  I wouldn't call our OL stellar by a long shot.  Bottom line, a poor showing this year will not be all on Peterman (or Allen), just as a playoff season is not all about the quarterback; take Taylor and his mediocre play, for example, on last years team. 

It’ll take more than Daboll being a “genius”, as Shady says. It’ll take a miracle. Not EVERY sports pundit can be wrong, right? It’s a universal condemnation. We’re gonna lose.

or Not!

• Haha (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

So, "point is", the Sb champs didn't score much in the 1st half of Week 1, so.........no need to r=worry about Nate Peterman?

There you go.

Forget the offense, the Bills D looks rough...

The OP is dipping deeply and generously into his bag of logical fallacies on this football eve, isn't he?

:lol:

• Like (+1) 1