Bucky Brooks: Nathan Peterman Will Be "Human Pinata" Behind Bad Offensive Line

26CornerBlitz

1 minute ago, Bills Juggernaut said:

How do you not mention Groy? Blown up every other play. He is terrible.

Groy is pretty awful as a pass blocker. From what I saw in preseason, Bodine is even worse. I always considered Eric Wood to be fairly average by NFL standards, but Bodine and Groy make him look like a Hall of Famer in comparison.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Castillo is a joke and so is Ducasse.  Castillo must have become buddies with McDermott at some point in their pasts.  Nepotism is a regular practice by NFL head coaches.

JC was actually a good coach for the Eagles under Reid.  He was given a bunch of crap to work with.

5 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Castillo is a joke and so is Ducasse.  Castillo must have become buddies with McDermott at some point in their pasts.  Nepotism is a regular practice by NFL head coaches.

They were both at Philly together.  Castillo does something that impresses other people....can't figure out what.

Andy Reid had so much faith in him that he actually moved from from the OL Coach to the Defensive Coordinator position.  I believe Castillo never coached defense before but Andy Reid thought he could do it.

34 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

I am convinced Juan Castillo would make better money starting his own product line of authentic salsas, queso dip and pico de gallo.  

The cans would be in a lime green tint, with Castillo in a poncho and a sun visor.  The name "CASTILLO brand" would be in large red letters. There would be a little adobe house and a burro in the fenced in yard, and the logo would be something like "It's not authentic if it isn't Castillo"

This really is classic racist stereotyping. I don't know  your ethnic heritage but if you were, say, of Jewish descent, would you like someone describing you as having a hooked nose and kidnapping Christian babies for your blood rituals and cheating on business deals? I'm sure you are not racist in your personal life but this is not funny even though it used to be such ethnic jokes were common (if rude).  

And yes, the o-line's performance has been atrocious and the coach should be held accountable. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

Juan Castillo has been a running joke as an offensive line coach for years and his input on personnel on the line is every bit as his poor technique he coaches.  You take the combination of subpar talent, mix in lousy coaching and you get 6 sacks, no first downs in an entire half of football and the laughter of the entire NFL community.

Agree with your post 100%, Ducasse should not be a starter in this league anymore. He was solid at one point, but he should not be a starting lineman in this NFL. Newhouse is no better.

But Castillo is someone we really should have cut ties with over the offseason. I know he has ties to McDermott through Reid, but even a defensive minded coach like McDermott has to see that Castillo needs to have been shown the door as early as last year. He remained on the roster for those personal reasons, and hiding behind a line with Incognito and Wood. While I don't think Incognito should be in the NFL anymore, you can see a noticeable difference what happens when we lose two linchpins of our OL and don't really address the holes in the offseason. I wanted to keep this as factual as possible, but I just can't see us even being considered an NFL caliber team until Castillo is let go, and we revamp our lines. 

31 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Racism is hilarious!!!

Yes. You nailed it. Me and hundreds of thousands of others in/from the WNY area are racists. Well thought out.

2 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

This really is classic racist stereotyping. I don't know  your ethnic heritage but if you were, say, of Jewish descent, would you like someone describing you as having a hooked nose and kidnapping Christian babies for your blood rituals and cheating on business deals? I'm sure you are not racist in your personal life but this is not funny even though it used to be such ethnic jokes were common (if rude).  

And yes, the o-line's performance has been atrocious and the coach should be held accountable. 

Well, I'm from WNY originally, so that makes me a racist. My ethnic background is irrelevant.

3 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Yes. You nailed it. Me and hundreds of thousands of others in/from the WNY area are racists. Well thought out.

Well, I'm from WNY originally, so that makes me a racist. My ethnic background is irrelevant.

You're right, your ethnic background is irrelevant. So is Castillo's. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:
56 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

Juan Castillo has been a running joke as an offensive line coach for years and his input on personnel on the line is every bit as his poor technique he coaches.  You take the combination of subpar talent, mix in lousy coaching and you get 6 sacks, no first downs in an entire half of football and the laughter of the entire NFL community.

36 minutes ago, Bills Juggernaut said:

How do you not mention Groy? Blown up every other play. He is terrible.

I also love Groy's huge head movement prior to the snap, lets the D know the ball is being snapped, giving the O-line no extra .5 seconds.  

1 minute ago, Lagoon Blues said:

Again, deflecting does not change the fact that what you posted was racist.  At least you are owning it.  I give you credit for that.

Allow me to be racist for a second: "I can picture you right now, in your brownstone apartment, with NPR playing in the background. You probably just finished reading a memoir on Descartes or Jung, and you came across this thread. You poured yourself a cup of Earl Grey (seeped perfectly at 6 1/2 minutes), broke open a fresh pack of Lorna Doones and stretched your fingers on your keyboard. You then walked into your bedroom closet, set out your clothes for the day and found your favorite loofah and organic bath wash ready to take a celebratory shower. You won the internet today!!!"

• Haha (+1) 1

I don’t care in the least about what the national media is saying, but I marvel at how clueless they are. I have heard a lot of talk about how ridiculous it is to put Peterman out on the field. His regular season career stats are everywhere. I also hear about our terrible OLine and lousy WR’s. “How could they?” What I don’t hear much of is “Well, it looks like they’re just trying to keep the young kid Allen alive for a few weeks.”  Let Peterman take his lumps the first 1/4 of the season, it’s not about this season anyway. Sadly, it’s been SO BAD, it’s hard to even pass the straight face test. 

6 minutes ago, Augie said:

I don’t care in the least about what the national media is saying, but I marvel at how clueless they are. I have heard a lot of talk about how ridiculous it is to put Peterman out on the field. His regular season career stats are everywhere. I also hear about our terrible OLine and lousy WR’s. “How could they?” What I don’t hear much of is “Well, it looks like they’re just trying to keep the young kid Allen alive for a few weeks.”  Let Peterman take his lumps the first 1/4 of the season, it’s not about this season anyway. Sadly, it’s been SO BAD, it’s hard to even pass the straight face test. 

...agree Augie.......starts right with your HC having this team woefully unprepared.......Daboll had no answers......neither did Frazier who has shown little IMO during the pre-season and now......Ground Gashing 101 for starters.......plenty of blame to go around........7 pt dawgs at home versus Chargers and Phillip threw for 424 yesterday......Sunday should tell plenty as far as McD having this team prepared as well as Frazier, Daboll & Castillo having some serious answers......

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...agree Augie.......starts right with your HC having this team woefully unprepared.......Daboll had no answers......neither did Frazier who has shown little IMO during the pre-season and now......Ground Gashing 101 for starters.......plenty of blame to go around........7 pt dawgs at home versus Chargers and Phillip threw for 424 yesterday......Sunday should tell plenty as far as McD having this team prepared as well as Frazier, Daboll & Castillo having some serious answers......

We got ‘em where we want ‘em? They’ll never see this coming!  

I know I don’t. 

5 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Allow me to be racist for a second: "I can picture you right now, in your brownstone apartment, with NPR playing in the background. You probably just finished reading a memoir on Descartes or Jung, and you came across this thread. You poured yourself a cup of Earl Grey (seeped perfectly at 6 1/2 minutes), broke open a fresh pack of Lorna Doones and stretched your fingers on your keyboard. You then walked into your bedroom closet, set out your clothes for the day and found your favorite loofah and organic bath wash ready to take a celebratory shower. You won the internet today!!!"

So you do know this isn't racist, right? 

On 9/8/2018 at 6:25 PM, BuffaloRush said:

How many games did Bucky play for the Bills?

biggest bust of all time 

Again, Brooks was not “decent.”  To me, decent means a player is ok....serviceable when needed.  The Bills have several decent lineman on the team.

As a DB, Bucky was far from decent.  He was given multiple chances and he failed to sustain any success.  He never even hung on for an entire season.  Teams cut him after a few games before he was bad.

Bucky was not decent....he was below average.  It’s ok to admit that

No he’s spot on and he defeated you using your own logic.  The Bills OL has never played 1 game as a unit.  Using the body of work in the preseason to evaluate the performance of players during the season can be misleading.  

You're making the Kaepernick argument... because he is just a football player, his views don't count. His career has JACK SQUAT to do with what you can SEE WITH YOUR EYES. Evidently you knocking Bucky Brooks makes you feel better about yourself...

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/10/2018 at 12:02 PM, BringBackFergy said:

If you consider that post "racist", then you must consider Dan Lebatard, Eddie Murphy, Chris Rock and George Carlin racist as well. 

Others' bigotry doesn't excuse yours ... or make it acceptable.