Fantasy Football Question

Buffalo03

I drafted Jerick McKinnon to be my full time flex guy but that went out the window 10 minutes after my draft was over. I currently have Jordy Nelson there now but I don't like his matchup this week against the Rams. I picked up John Ross out of free agency and actually feel really good about his matchup this week. I'm thinking of playing John Ross here but was wondering what everyone here's opinion would be. 

Other options for the flex spot:

Chris Thompson

Pierre Garcon

Rashaad Penny

Paul Richardson

Alfred Morris

Matt Breida

It is a PPR league so I'm thinking Chris Thompson might be good to

It's a tough call. It's Thompson or Ross. I feel like Ross is more boom or bust and Thompson is much safer without the upside potential of Ross. Are you favored this week, will it be a close match or is one of you expected to blow out the other?

11 minutes ago, qwksilver said:

It's a tough call. It's Thompson or Ross. I feel like Ross is more boom or bust and Thompson is much safer without the upside potential of Ross. Are you favored this week, will it be a close match or is one of you expected to blow out the other?

As of right now I'm projected to lose by 12 so not necessarily a blow out but a decent margin. The thing that scares me about Chris Thompson is he is just coming back from a bad injury and I'm worried they may ease him back in. John Ross I think is primed for a break out season and his matchup this week looks great on paper

4 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I think Alfred Morris is going to play a big role in the 49ers offense.  I think he’s a strong flex play until proven otherwise.  He may even be a sound RB2 down the road, as he will get all the goalline touches in a good offense.

This is a good point. That Minnesota defense is the one thing that has me hesitating with him this week

4 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

As of right now I'm projected to lose by 12 so not necessarily a blow out but a decent margin. The thing that scares me about Chris Thompson is he is just coming back from a bad injury and I'm worried they may ease him back in. John Ross I think is primed for a break out season and his matchup this week looks great on paper

I would probably go with Ross. The colts D should still be somewhat terrible.

You got to hope that Ross has one big TD play to make it work.  2 REC 50-60 yds and a TD.  They will target him 3-5 times.  The underdog getting picked up a bit is Breida. I think he will get more touches than Morris, but it's a risk.  Both of them will get 10-12 carries, and hopefully 40+ yds, but Brieda is the red zone guy so I think he gets a leg up on Morris. 

Thompson is that boom or bust guy. One week he goes for 100yds and a TD,  the next week 23. Everything depends on how safe you want to play it. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo03 said:

I drafted Jerick McKinnon to be my full time flex guy but that went out the window 10 minutes after my draft was over. I currently have Jordy Nelson there now but I don't like his matchup this week against the Rams. I picked up John Ross out of free agency and actually feel really good about his matchup this week. I'm thinking of playing John Ross here but was wondering what everyone here's opinion would be. 

Other options for the flex spot:

Chris Thompson

Pierre Garcon

Rashaad Penny

Paul Richardson

Alfred Morris

Matt Breida

It is a PPR league so I'm thinking Chris Thompson might be good to

Penny... but I would keep Ross over him

Go with Ross. After his bust rookie year, they are really trying to prove he is good, so I bet he'll get a bunch of targets.

52 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

You got to hope that Ross has one big TD play to make it work.  2 REC 50-60 yds and a TD.  They will target him 3-5 times.  The underdog getting picked up a bit is Breida. I think he will get more touches than Morris, but it's a risk.  Both of them will get 10-12 carries, and hopefully 40+ yds, but Brieda is the red zone guy so I think he gets a leg up on Morris. 

Thompson is that boom or bust guy. One week he goes for 100yds and a TD,  the next week 23. Everything depends on how safe you want to play it. 

I disagree about Ross. I think they want to feature him big time. We won't know till it happens, though.

Just now, MJS said:

Go with Ross. After his bust rookie year, they are really trying to prove he is good, so I bet he'll get a bunch of targets.

I was thinking the same thing. I believe he is the number 2 behind AJ and AJ should have most of the double teams which leaves Ross with 4.22 speed one on one and seeing as how they got him involved in the preseason, I think he is good for a breakout this week against the Colts bad defense. 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

I was thinking the same thing. I believe he is the number 2 behind AJ and AJ should have most of the double teams which leaves Ross with 4.22 speed one on one and seeing as how they got him involved in the preseason, I think he is good for a breakout this week against the Colts bad defense. 

It will be interesting, but I just don't see him getting more than 8 targets. I think he's not a polished route runner, but straight up speed to burn. I think they will try the deep ball to him 2-3 times. If he hits one for a TD, you get your points. He hits 2 and it's the bet to make.  The key is Dalton getting time and being accurate. 

Here's my WR, would you take Ross over any of these guys

Kelvin Benjamin

Amari Cooper

Marquise Goodwin

Jarvis Landry

Jordy Nelson

Sammy Watkins

Edited by BillsRdue

I'd roll with Alfred Morris. He had his best years in the Shanahan system and has a legit QB in Jimmy G to keep defenses honest. I expect him to have 1,100yds and 8+ TD's on the ground this year if he stays healthy. 

28 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

It will be interesting, but I just don't see him getting more than 8 targets. I think he's not a polished route runner, but straight up speed to burn. I think they will try the deep ball to him 2-3 times. If he hits one for a TD, you get your points. He hits 2 and it's the bet to make.  The key is Dalton getting time and being accurate. 

Kelvin Benjamin

Amari Cooper

Marquise Goodwin

Jarvis Landry

Jordy Nelson

Sammy Watkins

?

What in the world did you do 

If I’m reading this correctly you missed out on Ted Ginn.

Edited by Commonsense

3 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

Kelvin Benjamin

Amari Cooper

Marquise Goodwin

Jarvis Landry

Jordy Nelson

Sammy Watkins

Probably I'd take Ross over Benjamin, especially given the defenses they are facing.

Also, I'd take him over Sammy Watkins. New, raw starting QB throwing the ball and he is not the primary target there. I bet KC will be run heavy with Hunt, plus pass a bunch of dump offs to him.

It’s Morris (or James Conner if he’s available). Morris is going to have a big year. If he’s still out there add him and don’t look back. He’s looking at 1,000 yard season. When in doubt go with the guy that will see the football the most.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

14 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

How is Breida the red zone guy?  He’s 190 pounds.  If goalline carries are to be had, it’s going to be Morris.  If he stays healthy, AM is going to blow up in Shanahan’s offense.  

10 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

How is Breida the red zone guy?  He’s 190 pounds.  If goalline carries are to be had, it’s going to be Morris.  If he stays healthy, AM is going to blow up in Shanahan’s offense.  

The one thing with Morris I don't like for this week is that Matt Breida is on top of the depth chart. I think I'm gonna give it one week to see how it plays out

• Like (+1) 1