McDermott: still no decision on RCB between Gaines/Davis

YoloinOhio

10 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

WR and CB are two of the weakest positions on the team - which is not a coincidence, since Watkins and Darby were shipped out with no replacements brought in.  I am extremely unimpressed with the roster-building decisions of Beane & Co. to date.

They brought in Gaines and Matthews.  So those were replacements. Gaines outplayed Darby last year and Watkins bolted in free agency.  I'm guessing they figured they did not want to pay Watkins 16 mil per year. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Batman1876 said:

They brought in Gaines and Matthews.  So those were replacements. Gaines outplayed Darby last year and Watkins bolted in free agency.  I'm guessing they figured they did not want to pay Watkins 16 mil per year. 

Those dudes were both on one-year contracts which the Bills chose not to renew - they were hardly "replacements" for elite young talent.

4 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Those dudes were both on one-year contracts which the Bills chose not to renew - they were hardly "replacements" for elite young talent.

Watkins and Darby are Elite?  Do you think the bills were going to sign Watkins after his contract expired? So we got a second round pick and EJ Gaines for him and lost exactly nothing.  As for Darby he was outplayed last year by Gaines, if you want to criticize, criticize not resigning Gains not the trade. 

Edited by Batman1876
  • Like (+1) 1

No decision = oh sh*t ...Davis didn't bounce back noe we have 2 below average players at cb. Cleveland might have paid more than you should for ej Gaines but it wasn't a break the bank set your franchise back deal eiyhrr. Mistake not keeping our strongest group in tact 

Edited by Tazor Face