Survivor Pool

Doc

51 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

They were that one surprise upset that happens in week 1 every year. Detroit could be another upset tomorrow with the Jets surprising and getting the win

Yup. And possibly.  Hopefully not though. 

And tonight’s game is looking even better.  Sucks the way it’s going to happen. 

Edited by Doc

Well, my advice was correct regarding New Orleans and Pittsburgh (don't take them), and I should have been correct with the Packers as well.

My only flaw was liking the Lions, but I kept 4 of my 6 picks alive (2 in each pool) with the Panthers and Rams.

1 hour ago, eball said:

Well, my advice was correct regarding New Orleans and Pittsburgh (don't take them), and I should have been correct with the Packers as well.

My only flaw was liking the Lions, but I kept 4 of my 6 picks alive (2 in each pool) with the Panthers and Rams.

Panthers were a good choice but felt risky to me, cowboys could have been a surprise win if Dak and Zek were able to get hot. Panthers can be tricky. The Rams seemed like a hot pick but from what I saw not as many as I thought would had picked them. Guess there was still the questions Bout whether Gruden was gonna be a difference maker after being off the sidelines for so long and if the Rams would regress from last year. Up until the half it looked  little dicey.

Cleveland made to many big moves this offseason to make the Steelers a lock pick against them, gotta give them  few weeks to see if they are the same old browns before using the pick whomever plays the Browns strategy that has work for so many the last few years.

New Orleans getting beat was the big shock, and theres always usually at least one to start the year. They probably would have had more casualties if they weren't a team most people like to keep in their back pocket for wins later on.

Edited by apuszczalowski

my other thought is new orleans now... lofty spread at home .  Lot of people will be saying "oh so now you win"  Also dont really see much use for them down the road. Hosting Washington in game 5 but with the new quarterback the skins probably win the turnover battle there. 

well i have won one before.  it gets exciting. you gotta take a little risk and stay away from the road most traveled sometimes.  So right now i'm thinking Saints, 49ers Bears or skins. ...i know i know a lot of people dont give a damn what i'm thinking.  The natrure of the nfl is a back and forth leauge. 

I locked in the Rams this week (2).  Then I saw they were the biggest favorite. 

I don't think "saving" a team for later in the season is wise when the season is so young - so few teams are consistently good from one year to the next, better to see how teams start to look before taking "riskier" picks IMO.

1 hour ago, gridrick said:

well i have won one before.  it gets exciting. you gotta take a little risk and stay away from the road most traveled sometimes.  So right now i'm thinking Saints, 49ers Bears or skins. ...i know i know a lot of people dont give a damn what i'm thinking.  The natrure of the nfl is a back and forth leauge. 

Finished runner up on $5,000 ten years ago, 500 at $10 entry

the Final play in week 9 to sink me was a fluke and I saw it on TV with the Vikings botching a last second tying PAT and running it in for the 2 points for the win...

heaven and hell in two seconds 

Edited by row_33

32 minutes ago, Doc said:

I can't take them.  They were my safe pick for week 1.

Rams are my pick for the week, no trouble sharing with others until it starts to get sweaty..,

I can't in good conscience cheer against the Bills until they play the lost cause against the Pats

i want them to win, yeah I know........

25 minutes ago, Doc said:

I think I'll take Houston.  Sounds like Mariota and their LT will be limited, if not out, and they already lost Delanie Walker.  Unless it's too early to take them.

you think??? the pick is long past due....

9 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Well, was dead on about saints but dead wrong on Lions. :sick:

i learned by 1975 to never put anything on the outcome of a Lions or Chargers or Falcons game

screwed me over every single time, and always will when i think they can be relied on just once more

24 minutes ago, Doc said:

I think I'll take Houston.  Sounds like Mariota and their LT will be limited, if not out, and they already lost Delanie Walker.  Unless it's too early to take them.

I was leaning that way too, right now I have the Saints, but have been debating changing the pick. I'm hesitant on whether the Texans are really that good though, they are supposed to have a really bad line too. After last night the Chargers moved up as another possibility too.....