What’s on the menu for the 1st NFL Sunday?

YoloinOhio

Fantasy roster set (well, all but mine as my draft is tonight), FA, draft, TC and preseason in the rear view mirror... it’s been a long seven months! What’s on your menu for the glorious day of September 9th?

buffalo chicken dip

grilled jalapeños stuffed with cream cheese, wrapped with bacon 

grilled pizza 

Sam Adams octoberfest

• Like (+1) 2

My NFL Sunday standard is a full British Sunday Roast dinner. I will probably go beef for week 1 which will be prepared (veg cut and meat in the oven) while watching NFL Gameday on NFL Network (by the way if any more of their panel end up under investigation for sexual misconduct the show will end up as a Kurt Warner monologue!) and then served about an hour before kick off in the Bills - Ravens game. Idea is to finish eating as the game kicks off, a few bottles of Sam Adams during the game and then the kitchen clean up operation and left over beef and onion sandwiches (with proper English mustard and on thick brown loaf) being prepared during the first half of whatever SKY are showing in the later slot. Then settle down and eat the sandwiches with a nice cup of tea enjoying the second half of that game before bed. I have booked next Tuesday off so that I can watch the MNF double header as well.... my lack of excitement about the Bills chances had not dampened my enthusiasm for the new NFL season!

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

My NFL Sunday standard is a full British Sunday Roast dinner. I will probably go beef for week 1 which will be prepared (veg cut and meat in the oven) while watching NFL Gameday on NFL Network (by the way if any more of their panel end up under investigation for sexual misconduct the show will end up as a Kurt Warner monologue!) and then served about an hour before kick off in the Bills - Ravens game. Idea is to finish eating as the game kicks off, a few bottles of Sam Adams during the game and then the kitchen clean up operation and left over beef and onion sandwiches (with proper English mustard and on thick brown loaf) being prepared during the first half of whatever SKY are showing in the later slot. Then settle down and eat the sandwiches with a nice cup of tea enjoying the second half of that game before bed. I have booked next Tuesday off so that I can watch the MNF double header as well.... my lack of excitement about the Bills chances had not dampened my enthusiasm for the new NFL season!

Yorkshire pudding?

If so, my heart is filled with the blackest of envy.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Yorkshire pudding?

If so, my heart is filled with the blackest of envy.

Can't have roast beef without Yorkshire pudding joe (they won't be homemade - I am not that talented - but they will be freshly made from the local deli). Equally though can't have any other roast with them. I see people putting Yorkshires on roast lamb, roast chicken, roast pork..... no, no, no, no, NO I say. They belong with roast beef.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Whatever booze I have in the house and a cigar to make me forget wtf I just witnessed. 

Why would you want to forget a win?!?!?!

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Can't have roast beef without Yorkshire pudding joe (they won't be homemade - I am not that talented - but they will be freshly made from the local deli). Equally though can't have any other roast with them. I see people putting Yorkshires on roast lamb, roast chicken, roast pork..... no, no, no, no, NO I say. They belong with roast beef.

If I didn't like you, I'd hate you.

Me gusta de Yorkshire Pudding

Edited by joesixpack
lol pussing
  • Like (+1) 2

My own version of O'Scugnizzo's Pizza (grew up outside of Utica, NY). I'm a pizza fanatic, and since I moved away from upstate NY, I spent many years and much experimentation to reproduce the pizza I loved growing up. I make it for every 1st Bills game of the season.

Here is my recipe on PizzaMaking.com if anyone is interested...

https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=20145.0

179045305_2013-01-1317_43_48.thumb.jpg.fbb3e98415b2b9649c65d6f6a79216cd.jpg

• Like (+1) 3