Just Do It

donbb

1 hour ago, keepthefaith said:

Maybe but it has a PE of 68 even at today's "bargain" price and a crappy dividend.  I'm willing to sacrifice the profit opp for what I believe in. 

So, you're willing to sacrifice everything?  I'm so inspired....

22 hours ago, donbb said:

DmMnYVuUYAAtn8o.jpg

OP, make a poll telling us the buy number. Idk, it'd be fun to see who gets the closest. 

I think, this may really hurt Nike. Down 10% by Mar 2019. The freaks are gonna buy no matter what, and the SJWs will spend a wad ASAP, but it'll take a minute for the old consumers to have their impact felt. Old consumers will leave. Leaving the NFL fan base is hard, buying a different sneaker isn't. Buying now, would be great, as I can see a nice quarterly profit, but reality will soon set in. Buy now, sell very early 2019.

9 hours ago, Dante said:

I guess you get so big and so much cash on hand you can sustain any petulant. immature urges you have when you "Believe In Something".

So I wonder if that something is using cheap, overworked labor in China or whatever godforsaken place they use to manufacture? 

Ironic isn’t it? Nike has sweatshops in Vietnam, Thailand, and Indonesia. What a bunch of loser hypocrites. Today is the day I choose to never purchase a Nike product again. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Ironic isn’t it? Nike has sweatshops in Vietnam, Thailand, and Indonesia. What a bunch of loser hypocrites. Today is the day I choose to never purchase a Nike product again. 

They also have big contracts with China... which makes me wonder if Xi is whispering in their ears a bit visa vie the trade war. 

10 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

They also have big contracts with China... which makes me wonder if Xi is whispering in their ears a bit visa vie the trade war. 

Sure stuff like this runs through my mind as well. Always more to it than the obvious. Follow the cash  I guess. Nike may sell the shite out of their product stateside, but the money is really made where they manufacture it.

23 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

My wife is solid on this as well. Me not so much as I just got a pair of casual walk around Nikes for $125 a month ago and have hardly touched them. Not sure if I can bring myself to toss them out.

Sure as hell not buying any more of them. I really like their stuff as well. 

50 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

I still will, but I'm a white swooshpremacist.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, Dante said:

Sure stuff like this runs through my mind as well. Always more to it than the obvious. Follow the cash  I guess. Nike may sell the shite out of their product stateside, but the money is really made where they manufacture it.

My wife is solid on this as well. Me not so much as I just got a pair of casual walk around Nikes for $125 a month ago and have hardly touched them. Not sure if I can bring myself to toss them out.

Sure as hell not buying any more of them. I really like their stuff as well. 

Oh, im not throwing current gear away just not buying anymore. There is plenty of other stuff out there to choose from.

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Thats somethint to ponder...

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

I dig this dude. Mmmmm-hm. He knows the Kaep thing is a joke. Mmmmm-hm.  :lol:

Trump's heel spurs prevent him from being drafted or wearing Nikeys.

5 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

Ironic isn’t it? Nike has sweatshops in Vietnam, Thailand, and Indonesia. What a bunch of loser hypocrites.

:rolleyes: As opposed to the Indian, and Chinese sweatshops that service the Trump brand.

Edited by #34fan
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

They knew that would happen.  This is a long term strategy.  Risky, but they're banking on the fact that since young people (under 35) buy 2/3rds of their sneakers and that black people overwhelmingly buy more Nike gear than any other demographic per population percentage.  They think this will motivate them to buy more gear and will far outweigh any boycotts.  Young people and black people are the most likely to support kneeling during the anthem.  Nike isn't being heroic here by making some cultural stand.  It's purely about increasing profits long term.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

They knew that would happen.  This is a long term strategy.  Risky, but they're banking on the fact that since young people (under 35) buy 2/3rds of their sneakers and that black people overwhelmingly buy more Nike gear than any other demographic per population percentage.  They think this will motivate them to buy more gear and will far outweigh any boycotts.  Young people and black people are the most likely to support kneeling during the anthem.  Nike isn't being heroic here by making some cultural stand.  It's purely about increasing profits long term.

So, they think people who already are buying most of their products are going to buy more?  I would think if you need sneakers, you buy them.  You don't buy more than you need.