Week 1: Ravens Game Preparation - Nathan Peterman & Groy Starting

/dev/null

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Hey man I'm straight 

Oh, never mind, The Real Shady 

IIRC TT had one 300 yard game and it took OT to reach it.  And we still lost.   2 possessions in OT and not even a FG from them. 

hmmm    at least I think it was last season.  

You realize the difference between love and physical "bonding" don't you ? lol

And you sure were quick to set the story straight about your leanings  :  )
Luv Ya man !

First game of the newish season for some Coaches on both sides. Should be a great game to watch !!

Go Bills !

• Like (+1) 1

Shame he is aging. He really has been an asset to the Team and the organization. Has played top notch. and better at times, making key plays.
But he must be a Bill still for his smarts and leadership, and all the intangibles he brings.

Hope he can mentor and make plays awhile longer for us.

#onemangang97 

News & Notes 9/5: Bills Spending a ‘Considerable Amount of Time’ Preparing for Lamar Jackson

Lamar Jackson is the most talked-about X factor heading into the Ravens’ season opener. While starting quarterback Joe Flacco is coming off a strong preseason, there is daily speculation among media and fans regarding how much Jackson will play, and how much he will impact the offense as a potential situational quarterback.

Nobody can blame Ravens Head Coach John Harbaugh for being coy Monday when asked about his plans for Jackson. The Buffalo Bills expect to see Ravens use Jackson in at least a few packages on Sunday. Not knowing how much they will see Jackson makes him tougher to prepare for.

“Well, we understand the threat he brings when he’s on the field, so we spend a considerable amount of time in preparing for him,’’ Bills Head Coach Sean McDermott said during a Wednesday conference call with reporters

Terrell Suggs Feeling Young at Heart, Looks Forward to 16th Season
Marshal Yanda Ready for First Start in Almost a Year
Tavon Young’s Play at Slot Corner Will Be Crucial for Defense

7 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Those comments by Shady really intrigue me.

It's clear we're going to see a lot of new wrinkles in this offense.  I'm sure Dabol is going to manipulate his system so that Peterman can have success in it.  I just hope he's quick to adjust when something isn't working.

4 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Hard to tell what plays were called and how man check downs TT did.

Those plays were terrible. We all know it, thats why he got canned. TT isnt aggressive enough, so he got dropped. I saw us do maybe 5 back shoulder throws all season. We saw Tyrod and Mayfield hit MULTIPLE back shoulder throws in pre-season. Dennison was garbage and Tyrod wasnt good enough to make up for it.

13 minutes ago, FearLess Price said:

Those plays were terrible. We all know it, thats why he got canned. TT isnt aggressive enough, so he got dropped. I saw us do maybe 5 back shoulder throws all season. We saw Tyrod and Mayfield hit MULTIPLE back shoulder throws in pre-season. Dennison was garbage and Tyrod wasnt good enough to make up for it.

It's never all one thing or another, but that fact is Tyrod was just not good enough. He is not suddenly going to become an effective QB on the Browns.  I am quite sure the league wide game plan of "make him be a QB" will render him just as ineffective at sustaining an offense as we witnessed here.  He is an upgrade for the Browns, but I am glad he is gone.  

7 things to know about the Baltimore Ravens, Buffalo Bills' Week 1 opponent

By Ryan Talbot | Contributing writer

The Baltimore Ravens will host the Buffalo Bills in Week 1.

Buffalo is listed as a seven-point underdog in their first game of the season, but the Ravens are beatable at M&T Bank Stadium. One season ago, the team finished 5-3 at home with losses to the Steelers, Bears and Bengals. 

With the start of the regular season just days away, here are seven things to know about the Bills' Week 1 opponent.

Best cover corner suspended
Lamar Jackson will serve as Joe Flacco's backup
First-round tight end will not be available
Team has one of the league's top safety duos
Buffalo run defense will be tested
Hurst holds on to right tackle job
Harbaugh on the hot seat?

Cover 1

Three Matchups to Watch on Offense: Bills vs. Ravens

It’s finally week one, and the Buffalo Bills are facing off against the Baltimore Ravens at M&T Bank Stadium. After finishing last season with a 9-7 record and making the playoffs for the first time since 2000, the Bills will try to start strong against the team whose loss granted them their playoff berth on that fateful Andy Dalton TD pass. It’ll be a tough game for Buffalo, and here are the three matchups to watch on Buffalo’s offensive side of the ball:

Nathan Peterman vs. Baltimore secondary
Kelvin Benjamin vs. Marlon Humphrey
Dion Dawkins vs. Terrell Suggs

9 hours ago, scribo said:

Weather forecast for Sunday in B'more: Rainy and high is 69. Nice! Making us wear the darker jerseys has no impact now.

I am LOVING this forecast, because the last time I was in B'More for the opener (two years ago) it was ungodly hot.  This is football watching weather!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, eball said:

Not mad -- truthfully, I'm feeling sorry for you.  I'll just stop commenting on your inane, dreary posts and hope one day the light turns on for you.

Every silver lining has its cloud.

Scouting Report - Week 1: Bills vs. Ravens

Top 3 Individual Matchups
1 – Kelvin Benjamin vs. Marlon Humphrey
2 - Ryan Groy vs. Michael Pierce
3 – Kyle Williams vs. Marshal Yanda

wxaxcgr091nneei5mywp.jpg

Top 2 Bills Advantages
Good advantage – Punt return
Best advantage – Red zone offense

Bills Number 1 Must
Spread the field

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Lmao.

Its a football game. Stop taking it so seriously.??

Says the guy who bemoans everything the organization does.  Tell me, which of us seem happier? 

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
Inappropriate language

24 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

#Bills OC Brian Daboll said Josh Allen is going to gain experience in no matter what role he's in.

Yep. Kind of like a pilot who is taught in a classroom how to fly a 747, but isn't allowed to use a flight simulator or actually fly the plane.

I'd hate to be a fly on the wall in that room.

23 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

#Bills OC Brian Daboll said Josh Allen is going to gain experience in no matter what role he's in.

Yep. Kind of like a pilot who is taught in a classroom how to fly a 747, but isn't allowed to use a flight simulator or actually fly the plane.

Actually he will be using the "simulator".  He will be doing everything but actually flying.

It's good training but only gets him so far.

JA will take the planes yoke very soon.

• Like (+1) 2

Leslie Frazier: "There's Nothing Like It" (8:47)

DC Leslie Frazier talks about the excitement of Week 1, facing Baltimore, applying pressure to the Quarterback and more.

Brian Daboll: "He's Gonna Get His Work" (12:23)

OC Brian Daboll talks about the Quarterbacks, facing Baltimore and more.

Daboll: Peterman Will Have the Freedom He Needs to Run the Offense

Bills' offensive coordinator Brian Daboll met with the media Thursday ahead of this weekend's regular season opener in Baltimore.  Here's the complete transcript of the session: