Who is Beane’s next trade chip?

GoodHands15

9 hours ago, BigDingus said:

I doubt there's much of a market for McCoy, considering his age, mileage, position, and potential legal charges.

Looking back at all the trades McBeane have done, it's hard to really determine how many were good, or even necessary. There are definitely some nice ones in there, but at some point you really have to conserve talent instead of always cutting down.

We got a 6th round pick (turned into 5th; Wyatt Teller) for a young, pro-bowl DT in Dareus.

We got a 2nd round pick (#24 in the 2nd Rd- traded to Bucs in Josh Allen trade) & EJ Gaines (1-year & gone) for Sammy Watkins & a 6th round pick.

We got a 3rd round pick (#32 in the 3rd Rd - Harrison Phillips) & Jordan Matthews (1-year & gone) for Ronald Darby.

We got the #12 overall pick in Rd 1 (traded to Bucs in Allen trade) for our #21st pick in Rd 1 & Cordy Glenn. (They also swapped 5th & 6th Rd picks)

We got the #7 overall pick in Rd 1 (Josh Allen) for our #12th overall, and two 2nd round picks (#53 & #56)
We got a 3rd round pick (#1 in the 3rd Rd - traded to Baltimore to move up for Edmunds) for Tyrod Taylor
We got the #16 overall pick in Rd 1 (Tremaine Edmunds) for our #22nd pick in Rd 1 & the first pick of Rd 3 (#65 overall)

We got Kelvin Benjamin for a 3rd Rd pick (#85 overall) and a 7th Rd pick (#234 overall)
We got a 4th round pick in 2019 for our 2016 2nd Rd pick Reggie Ragland.

Sooo essentially we added & lost:

Wyatt Teller   <   Marcell Dareus

Josh Allen & EJ Gaines   <  Cordy Glenn, the 21st overall pick, two 2nd Round Picks, Sammy Watkins, and a 6th Round Pick

2019 4th Round Pick  <  Reggie Ragland

Harrison Phillips & Jordan Matthews  <   Ronald Darby

Tremaine Edmunds  <  The 22nd Overall Pick & Tyrod Taylor

Kelvin Benjamin  <   3rd Round Pick (#85 overall) & a 7th Round Pick (#234 overall)

Anyway, I can't really tell how much I like, and how much I don't. Some seem pretty solid, while others scare the hell out of me. For the record, I didn't include the 2017 draft trades, as Whaley presided over that one before McDermott & Beane were here. Anyway, I think any trade at this point would have to be for marginal picks. He doesn't have anyone of real note left to trade. He's all-in on Allen, and we don't have any highly coveted players that would command any significant draft picks (unless he wanted to get rid of Tre White lol)

Its amazing people still talk about players traded and the value received back without including the salary of the player - its everything !!

Marcel Darius returns far more than a 6th rd pick if he wasnt carrying such an enormous salary etcccc

4 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Perhaps I am reading into it too much but I've noticed a significant decrease in smug-ness from Beane.

This is the first time he's really been in charge of making personnel moves and I think he's finally feeling some concern.

He really needs this FA group to not go bust..........if Davis and Lotulelei and Murphy and Bodine all come up as short of expectations as they've shown in camp/preseason it will be the worst FA haul in team history........which is saying something.

I dont know. The Walker/Dockery year was pretty bad!

24 minutes ago, Captain_Quint said:

I dont know. The Walker/Dockery year was pretty bad!

Walker and Dockery was bad........that would be the closest contender.

But this class would easily be worse if they continue their TC/preseason trajectory though.

They signed a BUNCH of guys.......paid some of them very well and literally EVERYBODY they signed has been awful.  

I didn't even mention Newhouse but he got paid too.    He's been hilariously bad.

The upside is I can't fathom a class of 6-7 guys they thought would start or compete for starting jobs ALL sucking that bad.

No GM could wiff that badly.   Gotta' be at least a couple hits in there.

14 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

So if they do trade Shady say for a guard and a pick next year .., what would we be projecting our record to be this year?

Poor old JA would be hitting the ground running this year if that is the case..

We're already projected to be a bottom of the barrel type team and I have to admit I really like this Murphy kid, I don't think he is McCoy but he could be.

I think a team looking to make a Super Bowl push, or is in a “win now” mentality and loses their starter would give a 2nd for Shady, which I would gladly accept at this point.

Gruden gave a 3rd for Martavis freakin Bryant... and then cut him, so Shady who hasn’t slowed down yet should net something worth trading him for.

This team is at best a wildcard team, and that would be much more impressive than them making it last year considering the amount of roster turnover.  Realistically if I had to bet on the over/under at 5.5 wins, I’m taking the under right now.

Load up on picks, trade the aging running back and have both draft capital and tons of cap room to build the team the right way.

If they can land a 3rd and a talented OL that is acceptable as well, but either way I definitely can see Shady being dealt somewhere, possibly even back to Philly.

If he could get a 2nd for Shady pull the trigger.  Were not going anywhere till they groom a qb.  He's getting up there for  rb and has a fairly big salary. If you are gonna rebuild then rebuild.  I'd love if they traded Clay  get that bloated contract off the books.  His knees were shot when we acquired him

Bills just named him Captain for the first time in his career, I doubt they trade him. 

I was in the group that really believed Beane *would* trade Shady during the FA period and he didn't. So, I was wrong then and could be wrong now, but it just seems late in the game to move the centerpiece of your Offense. If this were mid-Pre-Season, then maybe and only if you get tremendous value. Because essentially, your hopes of anything are really pinned on a dynamic run game, improved Defense and timely passing. 

I'm no fan of keeping guys beyond their replacement level especially at the cost Shady comes, but I just don't see this happening.