Any notable OL cut?

KRT88

21 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Xavier Sua Filo .  He has at least started games in the last few years.

He should be brought in for a look. It's a bit odd that Tenn cut him on that cheap contract though. He probably was never going to beat out Kline at LG, but not even earning a backup spot is strange. The guy's a Mormon so off the field issues are unlikely. 

Edited by QCity
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, QCity said:

He's should be brought in for a look. It's a bit odd that Tenn cut him on that cheap contract though. He probably was never going to beat out Kline at LG, but not even earning a backup spot is strange. The guy's a Mormon so off the field issues are unlikely. 

Unless he decides to get married more than once ;) 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Clyde Smith said:

RT Austin from the Colts, possible upgrade over Mills?

He's been around a while, so he does not have to clear waivers as I understand it.

I guess any team can approach him and try to sign him as a free agent.

Is that correct?

3 hours ago, GreggTX said:

I disagree. LG, C, RG and RT are ALL problems and Dawkins should be moved to the other side.

Mills isn't very good but he is not a problem. He is currently our 2nd best linemen and put together a solid preseason. Pressure seems to be coming from interior play after play. Miller and Ducasse are our main problems. We fix that area and we should have a somewhat decent line. Mills has always been the type that you can always upgrade but him starting isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Not really seeing anyone after cuts that jumps off the page as "we have to have this guy"

I just have this feeling that OL play is so bad in the league right now we are going to see SEVERAL draft picks go on offensive linemen next year and use our huge cap space for playmakers on the O and D side of the ball

and frankly....I think Teller has outplayed both of our OG's

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Not really seeing anyone after cuts that jumps off the page as "we have to have this guy"

I just have this feeling that OL play is so bad in the league right now we are going to see SEVERAL draft picks go on offensive linemen next year and use our huge cap space for playmakers on the O and D side of the ball

and frankly....I think Teller has outplayed both of our OG's

Agreed. I really don't understand the harm in playing Teller over those other guys. I mean there will be growing pains, but Ducasse sucks. So he will make the same mistakes and worse, but it's okay because he is a "vet." 

The only thing I hesitate with in regard to this regime is their undying devotion to crappy veterans like Vlad and Tolbert. 

2 hours ago, PIZ said:

Only one C listed on Bills roster (Bodine).  Groy listed as G.

I mean, you gotta assume Bodine was brought in because of his chemistry with McCarron; now that that is no longer a factor, I say let's go get someone else.

2 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

He's been around a while, so he does not have to clear waivers as I understand it.

I guess any team can approach him and try to sign him as a free agent.

Is that correct?

Under 4 years must clear waivers then go on priority.

Over 4 years are UFA's

48 minutes ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Seantrel Henderson is starting at OT for the Texans.  Pretty incredible with how bad the OT play was and with the Cordy soon to be shipped out to Cinci that they let Seantrel go.  

I think he has colitis or something plus a Pot suspension under his belt.

I would think any pickup for an interior OL would come in the form of a trade, saying anyone is an upgrade to Ducasse isn't saying much, why fill Ducasse' spot with another like himself?  There is no notable worthy cuts, Sua Filo got man handled on many plays, Warmack has been bounced from teams and so has Jonathan Cooper for obvious reasons.