Da Bears Preseason Announcing Team

eball

Anyone else watch this game on Game Pass and get the Bears' feed?  Apparently they gave the Good Morning Football host Kyle Brandt (a Chicago native) an opportunity to do the play-by-play and this was some of the most over the top, hyped commentary I've ever seen in a preseason game.  I was either laughing or shaking my head throughout the broadcast -- just wondered if anyone else had the same reaction.  Obviously he's a successful dude but he came across like a tool.

• Like (+1) 2

There was a lot of commentary about this in the two game threads last night. It was comical at first, but it didn't take too long to become nauseating.

Some tidbits I learned in the 1st half from the Bears' broadcast:

- Chicago is the greatest city on Earth.

- Zay Jones "can fly"

- The Bears will have a top-5 D this season

- The Bears will split their series with the Packers this year

- Trubisky is a superstar (Soon to surpass Aaron Rodgers)

- AJ McCaron is likely our starter Week One (this was before any hint of a comeback )

Edited by scribo
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, scribo said:

There was a lot of commentary about this in the two game threads last night. It was comical at first, but it didn't take too long to become nauseating.

Some tidbits I learned in the 1st half from the Bears' broadcast:

- Chicago is the greatest city on Earth.

- Zay Jones "can fly"

- The Bears will have a top-5 D this season

- Trubisky is a superstar

- AJ McCaron is likely our starter Week One (this was before any hint of a comeback )

Outside of being outright obnoxious, it was apparent that he new almost nothing about the Buffalo Bills.  You’d think if you were invited to play by play for a NFL game you’d do just a little bit of research about the opposing team.  I had a good laugh when he said that Zay Jones “can fly.”

• Haha (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, eball said:

Anyone else watch this game on Game Pass and get the Bears' feed?  Apparently they gave the Good Morning Football host Kyle Brandt (a Chicago native) an opportunity to do the play-by-play and this was some of the most over the top, hyped commentary I've ever seen in a preseason game.  I was either laughing or shaking my head throughout the broadcast -- just wondered if anyone else had the same reaction.  Obviously he's a successful dude but he came across like a tool.

they reminded me a bit of Edwards and Brickley ..they made me laugh. I have actually grown to love over the top homerism on local broadcasts of sports. And the dude for the NFL Network was just so excited to be a calling a Bears game..thought it was kinda cool. 

Jim Miller was equally horrendous. I listen to his & Pat Kirwin’s show on NFLRadio most days and enjoy them. I had no idea he was such a biased and poor announcer. Must because da Bears were the only NFL team that didn’t see him as a worthless QB and let him hang around a few years..

Their coverage is what’s being used for all the national hi-light shows of the game. You wouldn’t even know the Bills were in Chicago by there bs. On every key Bills play -EXCEPT the winning TD, they were discussing something else rather than allow play by play. 

Loved how the TD made their entire evening a complete clusterfart.

25 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

they reminded me a bit of Edwards and Brickley ..they made me laugh. I have actually grown to love over the top homerism on local broadcasts of sports. And the dude for the NFL Network was just so excited to be a calling a Bears game..thought it was kinda cool. 

I sort of agree with you, but they basically gave a fan who has been in front of a microphone before the play-by-play reigns.  Just horrendously, hilariously bad.

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, eball said:

It was so bad I was actually pretty entertained. Every 4 yard run was "a big gain". 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Juice_32 said:

It was so bad I was actually pretty entertained. Every 4 yard run was "a big gain". 

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

There was a moment when they had discussed the Bears inevitable week 1 victory at Green Bay and then said "right let's keep this going what happens week 2?"

It was awful. 

think next year we need to get the Bills to let @PromoTheRobotto do play by play for a game..will make these guys seem objective!

( Just kidding PTR!)

I can't help myself, I'm going back and watching some of the replay.

After the Bears made their first FG of the game:  "Guys, I am THRILLED to bring you the scoring drive summary..."

Pre-kickoff after said FG:  "I like the volume in here too, guys.  Preseason, regular season, postseason, doesn't matter Soldier Field showing OUT!"  (wide angle view of about 25% capacity)

Somebody stop me from continuing to watch this again.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1