How Many Bills Wins in 2018 Reg. Season?

GreggTX

How many regular season games will we win this year?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. How many regular season games will we win this year?

• 1-2
    • 3-4
    • 5-6
    • 7-8
    • 9-10
    • 11-12
    • 13-14
    • 15-16

4-12.

Our offense is going to suck. Really really suck because our offensive line is terrible.

I’m fine with being bad this year because long term it will be better. Need to load up on draft picks and build around Josh Allen.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, McBean said:

4-12.

Our offense is going to suck. Really really suck because our offensive line is terrible.

I’m fine with being bad this year because long term it will be better. Need to load up on draft picks and build around Josh Allen.

I agree. We will have 2 high draft picks -- probably a top 3 to boot. We will hopefully get some OL help in this draft. I say that because it's easier to find decent WR help in FA if you have cap space because teams just aren't likely to let quality OL go when there are so few to go around these days. We also have to get help at CB, LB, DT along with several OL positions like both G spots and C. Draft a LT, move Dawkins to the right side and replace the entire interior of this OL.

Edited by GreggTX
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Somewhere between 3 to 6 I think. I would say there’s about an 80% chance that they are in that range and 15% better than that and 5% disaster. 

So 3 wins after making the playoffs would not qualify as a "disaster?"

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

People overreacting to preseason 

I can’t speak for anyone else but I’ve felt the same way all offseason. The offense is going to be really bad. The roster is really, really thin as well. If they find their QB though I don’t care what the record is. They aren’t a title contender now anyways. Take your lumps and load up in 2019. 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, vincec said:

Not if they are smart and wait until Allen is ready and has something around him to work with. Also, we'll have a ton of cap space to work with after this season. Patience.

11 minutes ago, vincec said:

Not to me it wouldn’t. This team is in a rebuild. They are a much different team than a year ago. This isn’t a good football team now but they had to do what they did. The goal is to win a championship and Beane knew that they weren’t close. They were unlucky with the OL departures but elsewhere they took a step back to hopefully take 2 forward.

In 2019, they have like $90M and 9 picks. They took their lumps this year (look no further than the dead cap space). This year is about developing Allen and hopefully finding some other young guys that can contribute (maybe Teller, Edmunds, Phillips, Johnson, Murphy, etc..). If that happens you are moving towards opening a championship window, not a wild card game.

• Thank you (+1) 2

I said after last season that we would take a step back this year.  I would start Peterman for the first 4 games before putting Allen in, just to give the O-line a chance to figure out what works and what doesn't.  Even the first year with Jim Kelly, we didn't do so well.  

Let's Go Buffalo!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Not to me it wouldn’t. This team is in a rebuild. They are a much different team than a year ago. This isn’t a good football team now but they had to do what they did. The goal is to win a championship and Beane knew that they weren’t close. They were unlucky with the OL departures but elsewhere they took a step back to hopefully take 2 forward.

In 2019, they have like $90M and 9 picks. They took their lumps this year (look no further than the dead cap space). This year is about developing Allen and hopefully finding some other young guys that can contribute (maybe Teller, Edmunds, Phillips, Johnson, Murphy, etc..). If that happens you are moving towards opening a championship window, not a wild card game.

I think this is the best answer so far. Right on the money.

• Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

7-8.  We won’t be as bad as people seem to think.  As usual, we’ll win a couple that we’re heavy underdogs in, but also drop a couple games that we “should have” won.

I disagree, but who the heck knows with all these young players in key positions? Maybe the light will come on and Allen and Edmunds will be killin' it in November. Right now, they look pretty raw, though.

Bears on roller skates on the offensive line combined with a poor group of receivers and an aging McCoy.

The D cannot pressure the QB and will have problems stopping the run.

A very long season.

Edited by Kemp
  • Like (+1) 1