Peterman will never live down the 5-pick half . . .

Dr. K

8 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

The only way to erase it is to play some games and get some wins.  

Even then some here will never let it go.   

When your dubious distinction begins with “the ALL TIME NFL RECORD 5 INTERCEPTIONS in one half..”, it’ll Never be erased. 

I seriously doubt there’ll ever be a future time where an NFL Head Coach, upon seeing his QB toss a record tying 5th pick with time still remaining in the half, will let the guy back onto the field or allow him to attempt another pass. No one deserves to top Peterman’s ‘achievement’, regardless of how it was accomplished. At times, many teams don’t even get 5 Offensive series in a half, let alone ending them all with a Pick.

2 hours ago, Bills Wilk said:

Big part of the 5 int. half was the O-line not blocking for him because of their loyalty to Tyrod

whatever..

I swear, the bills could trot out a blind doberman with three legs behind center and you'd have fans here saying "ya, but who thought air bud would have done what he did?"

The guy sucks and he always will. It's not personal. He just doesn't have pro-level talent. Every game you start him is valuable in-game experience that Allen should be getting. 

6 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

You proved mine yet again:  It's odd how marginally talented QBs garner so much support among cetain Bills' fans and if they are criticized people get defensive.  

You can always chose to ignore my posts. 

Boys, knock it off or you're not getting any dessert!

9 hours ago, Success said:

Didn’t Peyton Manning have a 6 pick game?

There is a long list of multiple 4 to 6 INT games by some great QB's.  

but those don't count because their name isn't Nate. 

Jim Hardy had 8 in 1950

Kenny Stabler had 7 in a game 

Steve DeBerg had 7 

Joe Namath had 6 twice 

Brett Favre  had 6

Peyyton Manning had 6

Ryan Fitpatric  had 6

Russel Wilson  had 5

Kurt Warner  had 5 twice 

Kyle Orton had 5

Warren Moon had 5 

Drew Bledsoe had 5 

John Elway had 5

Troy Aikman had 5 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_int_single_game.htm

the list stops at 4 but IIRC Tom Brady had 1 or 2 4 INT games one might have been against the Bills 

The team traveled to play their division rival Buffalo Bills and simply never got off the plane, as the Bills walloped them 31-0. Brady completed a mere 50% of his passes and threw four interceptions. 

The game still stands as the worst loss of his storied career.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

When your dubious distinction begins with “the ALL TIME NFL RECORD 5 INTERCEPTIONS in one half..”, it’ll Never be erased. 

I seriously doubt there’ll ever be a future time where an NFL Head Coach, upon seeing his QB toss a record tying 5th pick with time still remaining in the half, will let the guy back onto the field or allow him to attempt another pass. No one deserves to top Peterman’s ‘achievement’, regardless of how it was accomplished. At times, many teams don’t even get 5 Offensive series in a half, let alone ending them all with a Pick.

I agree he will never live it down.  

bit IF he can redeem himself,  IF it will diminish it a bit. 

Someone needs to contact  guinness world records

The National Football League (NFL) record for most interceptions recorded in a game by an individual is 4 held by 18 players, most recently accomplished by DeAngelo Hall (USA) while playing for the Washington Redskins against the Chicago Bears (both USA) on 24 October 2010.

I had forgotten this 

The decision to bench Taylor for Peterman came three days after the Bills' 47-10 loss to the Saints -- and on the heels of a two-game losing streak that not only dropped the Bills out of a tie atop the division with the Patriots but has them sitting at 5-4 with a tenuous hold on the AFC's final playoff spot.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

There is a long list of multiple 4 to 6 INT games by some great QB's.  

but those don't count because their name isn't Nate. 

Jim Hardy had 8 in 1950

Kenny Stabler had 7 in a game 

Steve DeBerg had 7 

Joe Namath had 6 twice 

Brett Favre  had 6

Peyyton Manning had 6

Ryan Fitpatric  had 6

Russel Wilson  had 5

Kurt Warner  had 5 twice 

Kyle Orton had 5

Warren Moon had 5 

Drew Bledsoe had 5 

John Elway had 5

Troy Aikman had 5 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_int_single_game.htm

Most of, if not all the other guys, on that list didn't have those games as their first NFL start.

Poor first impressions are difficult to change, disasters like his first impression are almost impossible to overcome.

It's why first interviews for a job, why first meetings with a potential business partner, first dates, initial visit with a new doctor, hell even profile pictures, are so important.

I'm okay with giving the dude more shots, hell I'm encouraging it, and I actually respect the coach and fo in this sense for not taking that one half as gospel for the rest of his career.

If he sucks he sucks, if he's good he's good.

Neither can be garnered from that one fateful start, against the most ferocious pass rush in the league, against the hottest team in the NFL at the time.

17 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

The rules committee should let him throw off of a pitching mound. If they won’t, start Allen.

Maybe that will slow the incoming pass rush for more than 0.2 seconds if they have to run uphill

Probably not though

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

It was the worst half in the history of the game.  It wasn't his fault.  His O-Line unofficially went on strike (rotten bastards), but he threw the INTs, so it's forever linked to him.

When someone throws six picks in a half, then people will forget about Peterman.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Ahh the 26cornerblitz crusade against Nate.  Will it ever get old? 

AMEN brother.     

I think Nate peed on his dog.

Just now, Gugny said:

It was the worst half in the history of the game.  It wasn't his fault.  His O-Line unofficially went on strike (rotten bastards), but he threw the INTs, so it's forever linked to him.

When someone throws six picks in a half, then people will forget about Peterman.

What if it's Peterman who does it?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

What if it's Peterman who does it?

Then the record should be named after him for eternity, whether it's broken, or not.  And his name should also become a verb.

"Dude, did you see that CIN/PIT game?  Roethlisberger totally Petermaned the second half.  Threw 3 picks in the last 4 minutes of the game!"

• Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Then the record should be named after him for eternity, whether it's broken, or not.  And his name should also become a verb.

"Dude, did you see that CIN/PIT game?  Roethlisberger totally Petermaned the second half.  Threw 3 picks in the last 4 minutes of the game!"

So he'd replace "Romoing" or 'romoed"?

??

10 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I think he did it to wipe out a Fitz 3 in a row record

/sarc   

this statement was pure fiction