SECOND HALF THREAD: Cincinnati at Buffalo- Preseason Game #3 4pm ET

Just now, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Hard to evaluate at all. But Josh Allen wasn't good. His offense sucked and so did he.. can we not revisit the hypocrisy when everything was Tyrod's fault? This has been a BAD offense. Bad WRs and OL and I'm begging for an athletic game managing QB 

You know, I'll wait for someone like Cover1's analysis. I hated the Allen pick, but he's done a lot of hopeful things since he got here and calling him out for a first half when he was on the run on almost every play is a bit over the top. Frankly, he looked about as good as he possibly could. Maybe Tyrod would have run away from them. I loved Tyrod, but he had some truly moribund outings last year.

My main concern is the line and hopefully they can do some things to adjust that. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

O'leary has literally half the yards of Clay last season, with half the receptions... but same amount of TD's. Our current 3-4th depth TE has the same production as our starter who has the big contract... I feel like you are only saying "by far our best TE" because the media has says he is good and he is the only name people know of our TE's

No, I’m saying he’s by far our best TE because that’s the reality of the situation. Cutting him makes no sense.

2 minutes ago, The Final Word said:

I do believe you are are overreacting. Teller has not looked good in practice and is on the bubble.  Relax

Teller has been solid. He's not on the bubble at all imo. And you really think that's not better than Ducasse, who shouldn't be on this team as I type? 

Edited by H2o

4 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Hard to evaluate at all. But Josh Allen wasn't good. His offense sucked and so did he.. can we not revisit the hypocrisy when everything was Tyrod's fault? This has been a BAD offense. Bad WRs and OL and I'm begging for an athletic game managing QB. Or I'm begging for a QB that makes it tick, rookie or no

I seriously don't know what you expect a QB to do when they are sacked within two seconds of the snap. Someone has to block. 

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

He has to do it in a regular season game.  If he does, not only will the national perception change, but so will many of our opinions.  

Not going to lie, he looks phenomenal this preseason, but that game won’t be out of my head until I see him do it in a regular season game. 

Well good thing you're not in charge of the Bill's decisions. Would hate to play for someone who doesn't believe in second chances or the process of learning.

Edited by Your brain broke

1 minute ago, davefan66 said:

No reason not to.  Peterman is pretty serviceable and has played better than Allen this preseason.  Much better stats, more productivity.

There have been QB’s who have benefited from sitting, and others from being thrown to the wolves.  If we had no other option, play him.  Peterman is playing well enough to start.

I was a proponent of starting Allen.  After today, I have to change my mind.  He is physically gifted and has the tools for greatness.  Needs to let the game slow down a bit and make quicker decisions.  I’ll support either regardless of who starts.

I agree Nate has played well enough to start Game 1, but the future of this organization is not about Nate Peterman.

It's about Josh Allen, and we are now in the Allen era.  We need to find out if he can do it or not do it, and you do that by playing him in real games in the regular season.

Sitting him for a year only delays the inevitable, one way or the other, with no gain.

10 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

I agree at this point. Clay is NOT a blocker... and he half-asses catches IMO. I'd rather save cap room with Clay and go with Croom, Lee and O'Leary for our TE's.

Can someone explain to me why a lot of experts seem to think O'Leary should be cut, but Logan Thomas stays? I have seen nothing out of Logan T to warrant him STILL being some "project TE." I get he is tall, and has some speed... but never makes plays, hands and blocking are average at best

Miller, Ducasse, Mills, and Clay don't deserve roster spots. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Bangarang said:

No, I’m saying he’s by far our best TE because that’s the reality of the situation. Cutting him makes no sense.

Tell me one thing he can do better than any of our other TE's, besides having knee injuries, drops and cap space. Factoring in that Croom and Khari Lee are both better blockers than Clay as well

1 minute ago, thurst44 said:

You know, I'll wait for someone like Cover1's analysis. I hated the Allen pick, but he's done a lot of hopeful things since he got here and calling him out for a first half when he was on the run on almost every play is a bit over the top. Frankly, he looked about as good as he possibly could. Maybe Tyrod would have run away from them. I loved Tyrod, but he had some truly moribund outings last year.

My main concern is the line and hopefully they can do some things to adjust that. 

There is some truth to this, but Allen was too hesitant.  He’s just not ready yet, especially behind this line.