THE FINAL 53 CHALLENGE: Results are In!!!

15 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

some one cut Kyle Williams. i would like their name and home address please. Like to send a Get well soon card ..

They may well have been using 'hamster chip bingo' as their player selection method.  If not, many would advocate sending 'Knuckles' and 'Butch' for some persuasion, as opposed to a get well card.

On 8/26/2018 at 9:02 AM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

They may well have been using 'hamster chip bingo' as their player selection method.  If not, many would advocate sending 'Knuckles' and 'Butch' for some persuasion, as opposed to a get well card.

I just reread and laughed again

On 8/26/2018 at 8:35 PM, LABILLBACKER said:

can we keep 53 olineman?

not if we cannot find 5 able to start.

lackluster search continues. 

But now we have to rely on Coaches to define and develop. This should go well.

jk a lot

On 8/28/2018 at 11:08 AM, Formerly Allan in MD said:

If any even remotely capable offensive linemen get cut, bring them in for a look.  Can't be much worse than what we've got.  Why is Windmills, aka turnstile, still in the NFL, let alone starting?  It's an indictment of the Bills front office.

You are over reacting.

I would report you , but not sure how.

and its the Whole line and WRS too that are an idicament of the FO at OBD. !!

Edited by 3rdand12

Final warning....if you’d like to get in on predicting the 53 man roster, the form will close later tonight.  As soon as the final 53 is announced, I’ll assign points for the correct selections and post the top 10.  

Also I’ve added a few entires from members of the Buffalo Media that did a mock 53.  I have heard that Matthew Fairburn did a mock as well.  I don’t subscribe to the Athletic but if anyone here could send me his selections or submit the form as “Matthew Fairburn (The Athletic)” it would be very much appreciated!  

On 8/23/2018 at 12:16 AM, BuffaloRush said:

By the way, if you count your selections you’ll see it’s pretty tough to limit your roster to 53 players.  Keeping 3 QB’s, 7 WR’s, or 3 TE’s definitely makes it even more challenging 

Just did it.  I actually had to add another player in at the end because I only had 52 in the first pass.  Probably not a good sign...

41 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Huh?  It’s a Google Form with grading.  

Ok.  I confirmed.  It's legit.  Sorry, I got duped on a fake link that took me to a pic of a "man" in a Peter Pan outfit earlier today.  Someday they'll get you, so be careful.

Ok everyone,

The polls have officially been closed.  We had nearly 200 entries which will certainly reveal some interesting results.  

Once the final roster is announced, I’ll be sure to start a new thread with the Top 10

winners.  We’ll also be able to see how the Bills Beat writers compare to the fans here.  I was able to get many in the field including Joe Buscaglia, Sal Maiorana, Jay Skurski, Mike Rodak, Matt Fairborn and more. 

You can see the results from all 186 entries below:

A few takeaways.  The majority of responses would indicate that:

- AJ McCarron is safe at QB3

- The Bills are keeping 6 WR’s and Ray Ray McLeod will get the nod over Rowdy Roddy Streater

- Nick O’Leary has almost as many votes as preseason standout Jason Croom at TE

- Connor McDermott has a slight advantage over De’Ondre Wesley if the Bills keep 4 OT’s

- Levi Wallace has more votes at CB that either Lafayette Pitts or Brown Borders for CB6

- Tanner Vallejo has more votes at LB than Deon Lacy or Julian Stanford.

- Colton Schmidt’s days on the Bills are numbered.

Stay tuned...and best of luck!!!

Edited by BuffaloRush

10 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

Well its comforting to know that a lot of people missed on Vallejo.

I thought a young guy with controllable years would be a lock over a vet on a 1 year.

I guess I was wrong.

BTW Rush thanks for putting this on :)

...PS eligible?............