Embedded Part #2

It's easy to understand now how in 2015, when Kyle Williams was lost for the season with injury, the lockeroom went down as well with the likes of Dareus or Mario Williams trying to lead this team.

Without Kyle Williams' day to day guidance, they started questioning Rex Ryan's defense. I'm not trying to give a pass to Ryan but you can't be a malcontent when you don't like certain things.

You have a problem with the coach, talk to him, you don't give up on an assigment, you don't fail to chip a TE going out on a passing route. Sompe players didn't care after Kyle Williams and it was embarrasing to watch (as was Ryan, though, but my point remains)

You go out and do your best, always.

7 minutes ago, eball said:

It's entertainment.  You can choose to watch or not watch.  I'm sure there's a ton of stuff you watch on television that others consider a waste of time.

I found the profile on the 4th string QB and his girlfriend to be very entertaining, and I felt sorry for them because they seem about as bright as a box of rocks and he's clearly going to be cut.

I feel bad for him, she's an instagram model and as soon as he doesn't have the NFL QB label she'll be on to the next one.

10 minutes ago, Fixxxer said:

It's easy to understand now how in 2015, when Kyle Williams was lost for the season with injury, the lockeroom went down as well with the likes of Dareus or Mario Williams trying to lead this team.

Without Kyle Williams' day to day guidance, they started questioning Rex Ryan's defense. I'm not trying to give a pass to Ryan but you can't be a malcontent when you don't like certain things.

You have a problem with the coach, talk to him, you don't give up on an assigment, you don't fail to chip a TE going out on a passing route. Sompe players didn't care after Kyle Williams and it was embarrasing to watch (as was Ryan, though, but my point remains)

You go out and do your best, always.

DL Coach mentioned this in the segment from just one day of Kyle not being on the field. Without him, the ‘Want-to’ was lacking. 

We gotta find a way to keep KW around the team for a few more years!

Just now, Chandler#81 said:

DL Coach mentioned this in the segment from just one day of Kyle not being on the field. Without him, the ‘Want-to’ was lacking. 

Yes, somehow we need to keep him close but I think this is his final year with us. It will be hard to lure him to coaching right away, the guy would probably want to spend time with his family or just play golf. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

To your point of Kyle - agreed on both counts: his influence on the team and the desire to bring him back in some form as a coach. He will make a fantastic coach at some point, because you know he's going somewhere eventually - hopefully the Bills.

However, that brings me to the larger issue over the long-haul. If KW is the engine driving that D bus, someone younger needs to step into his shoes and push the D in his absence. Not because of KW, but because effective leadership is always about identifying the next level of leaders and developing them. Edmunds or Milano or Harrison Phillips or someone else that is young but will be on the team for the next several years needs to step up and become that authentic, driving force on the Defense right alongside KW so that he can take the reins once KW has called it a career. Even if KW were to come back as a coach in some form, you have to have a player being that driving force in order for the team to truly be driven to greatness. 

• Like (+1) 1

I am very impressed with the embedded series and it does it's job in getting me pumped up and shining a good light on the Bills organization and staff.  But doesn't anyone feel like any team putting out this kind of video series would make their team look the same?  

28 minutes ago, DCBills_OG said:

I am very impressed with the embedded series and it does it's job in getting me pumped up and shining a good light on the Bills organization and staff.  But doesn't anyone feel like any team putting out this kind of video series would make their team look the same?  

‘Cleveland on line 1, Sir..’

31 minutes ago, DCBills_OG said:

The selling point for me is the team meetings and coaches meetings.  Those are not staged or scripted.  You are who you are.  The Bills staff is impressive.  The Browns?  Not so much.

• Like (+1) 3

who needs hard  knocks.. this embedded stuff has been pretty cool

do they have one of these embedded's for the OL performance last week... That one won't be pretty

Edited by ddaryl
  • Like (+1) 1

This one showed me why Hard Knocks is still more liked because they would have also shown the bad evals on players instead of the good. But watching a Organization Produced series that should be expected. 

However I do like the series alot just wish they were longer. 

1 hour ago, wppete said:

Does Matt Milano even speak? I don’t think I have seen an interview with him ever.

Talked with him briefly at training camp - my sister was the only person asking for his autograph.  She decided last summer that she was going to "adopt" him as her favorite rookie from last year and was happy to see him progress from Special Teams guy to starter.

39032124_2036414206382309_75911501822222

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ
  • Like (+1) 4

10 hours ago, mrags said:

Seriously... what was so great about Moorman?

he was a punter. Who cares. On top of everything he was an incredible @$$hole

He was a great punter and the best player on our team. He went to pro bowls and was an all-pro. That's why.

5 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Chandler thanks for sharing as I have never taken the time nor do I wish to get into social media.  I have enough to do with work to then add tweeting, Facebook, or Instagram.

this was great.  

You don't need an account to view

I really hope Murphy gets healthy and can play close to 100%. The D-line coach was talking him up and I had a buddy who's a former Redskin season ticket holder talk him up quite a bit. I'm excited for Eddie too, it looks and sounds like he's putting in a ton of work and hopefully learning a lot from Hughes. Those 3 and Shaq might not be a world beating DE unit, but I think they could be solid and deep.

Remember 5 years or so ago when Kyle had surgery on both achilles and people said he was done? Good times.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, MJS said:

He was a great punter and the best player on our team. He went to pro bowls and was an all-pro. That's why.

I find it laughable that we rally around a freaking punter as being the best player on our team. The idea of that is hilarious and in no way is it true. 

12 hours ago, Max Fischer said:

You cannot compare the Bills and Browns shows. I like Embedded but it’s a promotional video intended to drive ticket sales. That’s not a bad thing but it’s purpose is to place the team in the best possible light while Hard Knocks is produced by a third-party that thrives off conflict and reality show drama. 

For the the life of me I’ll never get why any team would agree to a show like that. 

Teams don’t agree to do the show.  They have not had volunteers in years.  Teams have been voluntold you are doing this - the NFL had to create a set of guidelines to force teams into the show.

The NFL loves the publicity- the teams do not seem to like the drama and the light they are put under, but try to make the most of it.

I think it has made some teams (Dolphins under Philbin - Cle this year) look like absolute train wrecks.

34 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Teams don’t agree to do the show.  They have not had volunteers in years.  Teams have been voluntold you are doing this - the NFL had to create a set of guidelines to force teams into the show.

The NFL loves the publicity- the teams do not seem to like the drama and the light they are put under, but try to make the most of it.

I think it has made some teams (Dolphins under Philbin - Cle this year) look like absolute train wrecks.

I stand corrected. 

"In October 2013 the NFL announced that, in the absence of a team volunteering to participate in Hard Knocks, the league could force a team to participate. Teams are exempt from being forced to participate in three circumstances: (1) they have appeared in the past ten years, (2) they have a first-year head coach, or (3) they reached the playoffs in either of the two preceding seasons."

With 2017 playoff appearance, the Bills' get one more exemption year. Yet another reason to make the playoffs. 

I don't think the show does the league any good as it rarely makes a positive impression (plus, it's just boring).