Carucci: Fixing footwork has allowed Josh Allen to make big strides with the Bills

YoloinOhio

15 minutes ago, GoodHands15 said:

Some of Josh Allen’s throws will make people poop.

That Good Sir, I am sure of.

They will be like Fitz throws, but get there twice as fast. The sphincters will need some re-training. Timing is everything in today’s game. 

• Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Augie said:

They will be like Fitz throws, but get there twice as fast. The sphincters will need some re-training. Timing is everything in today’s game. 

As are the 30 yard seam shot, yes on all accounts

16 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

We here on the proper side don't directly refer to waste by its name. It's called a fake fart.

Ha! Glorious!

8 hours ago, pi2000 said:

I've give more credit to Josh Allen than Jordan Palmer for fixing his footwork.

Anybody can look at tape, watch a guy a throw and tell him what to fix.

However, it's not often you see a player these days as highly touted as Allen who so willingly accepts his own faults and has the discipline to work so tediously on correcting them.    Most guys in his position are more interested in collecting a pay check.     Josh Allen truly loves the game of football, it's his passion... that alone will take him a long way.  

terrific post

Edited by inaugural balls
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, GoodHands15 said:

I made it to page 5 with no comments, but I’m curious if you will be selling Plantanes as well?

He was referencing the pun....making “strides”...in “footwork”

Level 8 Pun

...no wonder I whiffed.....stuck at level 1/2...............:thumbsup:

• Haha (+1) 1

Giants coach wants Eli Manning to do something in 2018 that he's never done before

In his 14-year career, Manning has only finished one season ranked in the top 10 for completion percentage (2010), and he ranked ninth that year. In 2017, Manning finished the year with a completion percentage of 61.6 percent, which ranked more than 10 points behind Drew Brees, who led the NFL with a 72 percent completion rate

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/giants-coach-wants-eli-manning-to-do-something-in-2018-that-hes-never-done-before/

Daboll should watch how Shurmur uses Manning to increase accuracy

Footwork and mechanics are the two biggest things that can lead to inaccuracy from a physical perspective (Decision making is the other major factor.) Both are hard to fix but footwork is the "easier" fix compared to throwing mechanics. What made Allen an intriguing top 10 prospect was that he had literally everything  you would want from a QB from a physical perspective. Allen has the cannon arm, Big hand, Big frame, good mobility for his size, has all the intangibles (Smart, good leader, good work ethic, and coachable) and Allen has a great compact throwing motion. 

Allen's biggest issues leading to inaccuracy was his footwork and decision making (Although there were other factors such as supporting talent and the nature of the offense he played in.) Allen seems to have improved his footwork (Although we will see if he is consistently pressured if he doesn't fall into that patter again) and improved decision making should come with more experience.  

On 8/22/2018 at 8:34 AM, Sky Diver said:

Not really interested in the article. The whole accuracy issue was a canard.

Or a Rhodes Scholar finalist like Greg McElroy or a Hall of Famer like Joe Namath, Ken Stabler and Bart Starr.

Now let's start naming off all those 4 and 5 star qbs that Alabama recruited and never did anything in the pros. I don't believe Allen even had a star by his name. And you have to almost go back to when Namath, Starr, and Stabler barely made it out of the leather helmet era to make an Alabama qb look good.

On 8/23/2018 at 12:44 AM, reddogblitz said:

If you're inaccurate, you'll be inaccurate at those too.

You should change your handle to Mr. Negative.

15 minutes ago, BB@Shooter said:

Now let's start naming off all those 4 and 5 star qbs that Alabama recruited and never did anything in the pros. I don't believe Allen even had a star by his name. And you have to almost go back to when Namath, Starr, and Stabler barely made it out of the leather helmet era to make an Alabama qb look good.

Alabama’s mission is to win National Championships, not to groom QB’s for the NFL.

21 minutes ago, BB@Shooter said:

You should change your handle to Mr. Negative.

Surely your'e not being negative about our Alabama QB.

Serious question.  Do you think an inaccurate QB can be accurate on short passes but not intermediate or long?

Edited by reddogblitz

8 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Surely your'e not being negative about our Alabama QB.

Serious question.  Do you think an inaccurate QB can be accurate on short passes but not intermediate or long?

Who is the inaccurate qb?

8 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

Alabama’s mission is to win National Championships, not to groom QB’s for the NFL.

That is a good thing, because they don't. 

6 months to fix seems like its not enough time but I do think the coaching at Wyoming wasn’t up to snuff to correct his issues. Obviously, they are coaching there for a reason and these little details could be missed by lesser talented coaches. Especially since JA was so physically gifted. When stronger leadership replaces poorer leadership in any business can improve things quickly. So hoping that’s the case 

2 minutes ago, GimmeSomeProcess said:

6 months to fix seems like its not enough time but I do think the coaching at Wyoming wasn’t up to snuff to correct his issues. Obviously, they are coaching there for a reason and these little details could be missed by lesser talented coaches. Especially since JA was so physically gifted. When stronger leadership replaces poorer leadership in any business can improve things quickly. So hoping that’s the case 

If you want it bad enough, you can fix something like that in less than 6 months.