Richie Incognito Arrested in Arizona for Disorderly Conduct and Making Threats

5 hours ago, boater said:

Didn't read every post for 10 pages of thread... But you can definitely tell the posters who have dealt with mental health issues, from those lucky enough to have not needed to.

I remember a Richie interview with Cowherd. Richie was lucid, coherent and very engaging. Obviously, in hindsight, one of his better days. I thought he had a future in broadcasting. He was that good.

Now it's all lost. Very sad.

yes.  I have listened to him speak and read  some interviews as well. Very intelligent and well spoken.

those are the ones to be afraid of actually.
and yes . he surely looked the part of someone who had come around and would be an asset to the booth with his game knowledge. 

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

I took that as he knows his Dad was a little crazy too and he in some way wants to know why.

I have no facts to support that, its just what I thought.

You are insightful in this matter.
without trying to link stuff from years ago.

let me just say his feelings for his Dad were very strong and yet mixed.

He was getting counseled over that for years. and part of his recovery post Dolphins  that saw Pegulas give him the chance. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Big Curt said:

I feel sorry for Richie. He obviously has some major issues. I'm personally afraid for his life. This sounds like behavior which is attributed to CTE. I hope he gets the help he needs and that he doesn't hurt anyone or himself. 

Call me cold, but I’m not. I AM concerned for everyone who encounters him the rest of his days, though.

• Like (+1) 2

18 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

It seems to me Ritchie needs a thorough psychiatric evaluation.

Maybe it will happen as a result of this incident.

you mean like fly him to Vienna and resurrect Freud and Jung on opposite sides of the theatre, surrounded by 1000 of the best psychoanalysts in history

kind of evaluation?

8 minutes ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

i wish he would get the help he needs.  this is very sad.  

what are you gonna do?

besides keep a mile square mile distance at a minimum at all times?

18 hours ago, jrober38 said:

For real? Was he already released? 

If they let a guy with a history of mental health issues, and multiple major incidents over the past few months, back into the public less than 48 hours after he threatened people and attempted to take his deceased father's head then that's a major breakdown with the courts. 

Are you really surprised that he was released?

I'm not.

Very sad. lets just hope he doesn't hurt or kill someone.

I wonder if he has been on psych meds...

We all know the problem with those things. They can make someone fairly normal who is otherwise mentally ill.But then the person can

decide on their own whether or not to continue these drugs.

So you can have a ticking time bomb out there only tamped down by a persons decision to take their medication.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Tcali said:

We all know the problem with those things. They can make someone fairly normal who is otherwise mentally ill.But then the person can

So you can have a ticking time bomb out there only tamped down by a persons decision to take their medication.

I really think you are overreacting.  I mean - who doesn't punch caskets and ask to have their parent's heads chopped off when they go to a funeral home?   It's a perfectly normal part of the grieving process. 

Edited by Irv

3 hours ago, Irv said:

I really think you are overreacting.  I mean - who doesn't punch caskets and ask to have their parent's heads chopped off when they go to a funeral home?   It's a perfectly normal part of the grieving process. 

good point:)

• Thank you (+1) 1

Got to wonder if drugs are involved, I threatened to kill people twice and was hospitalized, only difference is they put me in a mental hospital for 3 weeks then rehab for a month, not jail. I took the help, got better.. A psyche ward actually isn't a bad place to be, it's not fun but it's a safe environment until doctors dial in the right dosages, it's nothing like One Bird Flew Over the Coocoo's Nest, science has come a long long way since those days. Staff and doctors are mostly compassionate people who really do care about their patients, it's nothing like the movies.

Edited by NewDayBills
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, row_33 said:

what are you gonna do?

besides keep a mile square mile distance at a minimum at all times?

and how does that protect others, ?

he should quite obviously  be inpatient in the potentially violent wing. If he goes off ? he is going to be rather difficult to stop.

9 hours ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

Are you really surprised that he was released?

I'm not.

I am seriously disappointed in our Health care system as well as our judicial system who made that call

8 hours ago, Tcali said:

you nailed it. and that is exactly how i have read his relapses.

call for alarm ?

2 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

Got to wonder if drugs are involved, I threatened to kill people twice and was hospitalized, only difference is they put me in a mental hospital for 3 weeks then rehab for a month, not jail. I took the help, got better.. A psyche ward actually isn't a bad place to be, it's not fun but it's a safe environment until doctors dial in the right dosages, it's nothing like One Bird Flew Over the Coocoo's Nest, science has come a long long way since those days. Staff and doctors are mostly compassionate people who really do care about their patients, it's nothing like the movies.

it likely is drugs. the ones he is prescribed. Not cool to just stop those cuz. and then alcohol and any other self induced "medicines" likely exacerbate the dysfunctioning neurons even more.
hell of a ride

47 minutes ago, COTC said:

When Richie finally hurts or kills someone I wonder what his excuse will be?

Could dimished capacity from cte be a valid reason? I would hope not. 

what will the Health community and legal systems excuse be ?

obviously he is unable to control his person.

Well, here's more details about it... The incident is even crazier than I imagined - http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/police-report-ex-bills-ol-richie-incognito-wanted-deceased-dads-head-cut-off/ar-BBMlAho?ocid=ientp

Wanting his dad's head cut off? The guy is clearly feeling the affects of years playing football and/or undisclosed mental illnesses.

2 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

and how does that protect others, ?

he should quite obviously  be inpatient in the potentially violent wing. If he goes off ? he is going to be rather difficult to stop.

I am seriously disappointed in our Health care system as well as our judicial system who made that call

you nailed it. and that is exactly how i have read his relapses.

call for alarm ?

it likely is drugs. the ones he is prescribed. Not cool to just stop those cuz. and then alcohol and any other self induced "medicines" likely exacerbate the dysfunctioning neurons even more.
hell of a ride

what will the Health community and legal systems excuse be ?

obviously he is unable to control his person.

Yeah,  he is out of control.

But legally, will this be his only crutch? I would hope that dimished capacity from cte is not a valid defense (excuse). Similar to ptsd. 

On 8/21/2018 at 10:49 AM, Logic said:

On a serious note, though...Richie's is a very sad story. It seems pretty clear that he has mental illness that was under control for a while, but seems to have come back full force. I hope he gets the help he needs.

Yes, This.

Losing a parent or someone as close to you as a parent is a very raw and emotional time.  Things we might ordinarily shrug off stick and sting and frustrate us.

But most of us do manage to get through it without being perceived as making threats.  And typically, funeral home employees are (of necessity) good at dealing with raw emotional people, yet RI was too much for them.

Richie needs help, and I hope he gets it.

• Like (+1) 2