Please name Josh Allen the starter

7 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

There is no question here.  It’s very clear and very simple:

Start Allen in 3rd preseason game, give him the whole first half.  He plays well, he starts week 1 period.  He struggles, let NP start at least week 1.  Then McD can look to switch to Allen early in the season as he progresses in practice if NP isn’t getting the job done.

End thread.  :)

Mike Rodak ESPN Staff Writer 

Nathan Peterman took the initial snap of individual drills in Bills practice Sunday, followed by Josh Allen. Reporters cannot watch 11-on-11 drills starting Sunday, but it is logical to assume Peterman will continue to lead the first-team offense for at least part of practice. AJ McCarron (right shoulder) is not practicing Sunday, along with DT Kyle Williams (knee).

4 hours ago, blzrul said:

Every time we get a promising rookie, we ruin him by throwing him in before he's ready. 

JP sat his entire rookie year except for mop up duty in 4 games.  His 1st game, he looked horrible.  Are you saying he shouldn't have played a down?  

The truth is, the guys who failed never would have been any good even if they sat for a decade, like Todd Collins did in KC & Washington before having some good games 10 years after his last game as a Bill.  If JP had sat for 10 years, we could have unleashed a monster on the NFL.  Come to think of it, it's been close to a decade since JP left the NFL-he should be ready now for anyone willing to give him one more chance.  The light finally has come on for him, he has great potential now.  

2 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Name some.

EJ Manuel.  Yes, I know, it is a stretch to compare Manuel to Allen.  Plus different coaches and different circumstances, but this is the only comparison I can think of as it relates to the Bills, specifically.

It's pretty obvious to anyone other than SaviorPeterman/BurpleBull/BullBuchanon (all clearly the same poster) that Allen is starting week 1... I've been saying it since OTAs, actually.

But I think McDermott is going to withhold it publicly as long as possible to try to get some upper hand on Baltimore.

Remember... practices are now basically closed to the media. No need to name the starter as long as McDermott is giving reps to Allen in practice.

8 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

EJ Manuel.  Yes, I know, it is a stretch to compare Manuel to Allen.  Plus different coaches and different circumstances, but this is the only comparison I can think of as it relates to the Bills, specifically.

And 2 of EJs best 4 games for Buffalo came in his first 2 starts. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1